Getting a new kidney!!!

CTDisneyfan816

DIS Veteran
I scheduled a trip to Disney and Universal July 11-19. Little did I know I would be cekebrating some incredible news! Got the call this morning that they found a kidney for me. August 3 is the tentative surgery date!

Well sadly the offer of the new kidney had to be revoked. It was part of a paired exchange (my donor is not compaitble with me so they look for other like pairs to arange a swap). One of the recipients declined the offer (likely they felt it was a high health risk kidney meaning donor had some past issues). So the chain is broken and I go back to waiting.

Ugh that sucks.. Best of luck for the next one. I hope you have a great trip.

:hug: So sorry this did not work out for you. Hold onto hope. I hope that you will have a wonderful time on your vacation.

Best of luck you find one soon! :D
I've been on and off the lung transplant list since i was small, but a lot of the transplant regulations have changed for the better.
I hope you get your call soon!

I haven’t posted on here in some time as the time since my transplant have been difficult to put it mildly. I had complications from the start including multiple infections amd viruses. I spent a total of 39 days in the hospital, 10in ICU. I almost died in May of 2016 from a nasty virus called CMV. I also lost the ability to walk from atrophy. I used Disney and Universal as incentive to work hard to get my walking back. Last visit to Disney was July of 2015 but I am close enough to walking should be my return. I am transitioning from a walker to a cane now. Getting there. Kidney thankfully is working great.

Hang in there! Our son (16) had a heart transplant this past February! It was a tough recovery for him as well! He also atrophied and had months of physical therapy to help him regain strength and stamina. It was an upcoming trip to Disney that kept him motivated! You've got this and will be walking Main Street in no time!

I’m glad to hear you on the mend , sorry about all the complications. Look how far you have come ! I am thrilled for you

I scheduled a trip to Disney and Universal July 11-19. Little did I know I would be cekebrating some incredible news! Got the call this morning that they found a kidney for me. August 3 is the tentative surgery date!
Congratulations I hope you enjoy your trip and all goes well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!