Get your countdowns here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jenr812 said:
Webmaster Cricket - I posted this in another thread but I think it got buried under everyone else's posts complaining about the change...

There *is* a vB code for a countdown. It is in use on two other vB boards I currently frequent. The code is [countdown=Event]Month Date Year[/countdown] - NO COMMA so for my trip it would be [countdown=Our 1st Trip to WDW!]July 2 2005[/countdown] and it would count down for me. If you'd like I can ask the admin at the other board how they made that code functional. It is just a simple text countdown but smilies can be added to either side of it. The funny thing is that one of the boards software counts down by months/days and the other is just days.

3 months 26 days until Our 1st Trip to Disneyworld!!

117 days until Our 1st trip to Disneyworld!!

Anyway, I think that this would be the answer to many people's complaints in the siggie dept. I totally understand why you took the HTML away! LMK if you want me to look into it further. Thanks!

PS I also like your fake countdown LOL

I posted this as well. The problem with the custom vB code for the countdown is that the code runs on the DIS servers. The old countdowns ran on a separate server. In the interest of saving as much processing and bandwidth for the functioning of the boards, the [countdown] tags were ruled out.

Ted

Ted and Holly said:
I posted this as well. The problem with the custom vB code for the countdown is that the code runs on the DIS servers. The old countdowns ran on a separate server. In the interest of saving as much processing and bandwidth for the functioning of the boards, the [countdown] tags were ruled out.

Ted

Oh :( Bummer!

This has probably been asked a zillion times, but since the countdown timers have been disabled, where can I get one of those ticker thingies to put in my signature? And if ya have to yell at me for asking a silly question, do it quietly, my puppy is sleepin' in my lap...shhh..... :blush:

Okay, stupid question. I went to ticker factory and made my ticker, but it only shows up in "months left" I've gone back and forth a few times on that site, through every step, but don't see anywhere to specify the units of measure. Help!

SeattleMark said:
Okay, stupid question. I went to ticker factory and made my ticker, but it only shows up in "months left" I've gone back and forth a few times on that site, through every step, but don't see anywhere to specify the units of measure. Help!

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

kesha said:
Will someone lead me in the right direction on how to set up a ticker? Also how do you get your trips that you have taken to show up. :confused3

To get your trips to show go to User CP, on the top left, then click edit signature, write the trips in the box on the bottom. Good luck.
I am still trying to set up a ticker, haven't figured that one out yet. :cool1:

FourHusseys said:
To get your trips to show go to User CP, on the top left, then click edit signature, write the trips in the box on the bottom. Good luck.
I am still trying to set up a ticker, haven't figured that one out yet. :cool1:

Where is the User CP? I want to set up my signature and am trying to find a way :earsgirl:

Top left on each page under where it says "DISboards" and Mickey's picture. Then go into "edit signature".

Thanks for the info...I figured it out. Hope someday my disney list can be as long as yours. I'm really getting into this, and we're not leaving for another 8 months! :teeth:

I have made my ticker at ticker factory. Can anyone help get it from there to my signature? I musn't be copying the right thing because it won't show up. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter