Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

Wow that's a lot of snow. I remember hearing Scotland doesn't get a lot of snow in the winter but you really got it this year.

I understand about having to wait for your computer. I keep all my pictures on my desk top. I have to fight Danielle for it, even though she has her own laptop. She likes using it for her homework and now that she's in college she is doing a lot of homework. Good luck to Hannah on her exams.

That almost looks like a Canadian winter! It's certainly more snow than I would have expected for Scotland. When I lived in Aberdeen for a year, there was just a dusting of snow a couple days and that was all.

Wow that's a lot of snow. I remember hearing Scotland doesn't get a lot of snow in the winter but you really got it this year.

It really is unusual for us to have such sustained snow fall. The problem was that the snow was so light that there were huge snow drifts. I was wading my way through the snow. I have tall wellies and it was nearly over the top in places.

I know how difficult it can be to keep up to date on the boards when life pulls in other directions. I've been much less involved over the last few months due to job and life commitments.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment even if I have epically failed in trip reporting!

Glad to hear all is well and no worries I'll be here when you can come back. I have had life get in the way of Dis boards many times.

In many ways I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am particularly enjoying reading others that are still reporting from that time frame. Makes me want to sing "We're all in this together" which will date me as to the age of my children.

I understand about having to wait for your computer. I keep all my pictures on my desk top. I have to fight Danielle for it, even though she has her own laptop. She likes using it for her homework and now that she's in college she is doing a lot of homework.

At least Hannah is putting her laptop to good use. We now have a new desktop - I definitely wouldn't have risked storing the photos on our old one. How is Danielle getting on at college? What is she studying?

Good luck to Hannah on her exams.

Thanks - hopefully she will get what she needs grade-wise from her exams.

Loving the trip report so far...Scottish here but I live in the States now :)
I'm glad you're enjoying the report. :welcome: Have you been away from Scotland long?

She hated college in her first semester in the fall, but now she's feeling better about it. She lives at home and drives since we live in the same city as LSU. Her major is History for now.

That's good that she is feeling better about college. There are definitely benefits to staying at home. Hannah wants to stay at home when she goes to university and there are lots of good local options. In terms of history does she study American or World history or both?

For now she's studies all History. She earned 1 semester credit while she was in high school so right now she's in her 3rd semester.

I'm glad you're enjoying the report. :welcome: Have you been away from Scotland long?

That's good that she is feeling better about college. There are definitely benefits to staying at home. Hannah wants to stay at home when she goes to university and there are lots of good local options. In terms of history does she study American or World history or both?
22 long years...and I still miss home. Dont get me wrong I have two Texan kids and I love living here but you know how it goes..Bonnie Scotland will always be home. Not been back for 6 years...we are long overdue a visit. And no Ive not lost my accent one bit ;)

22 long years...and I still miss home. Dont get me wrong I have two Texan kids and I love living here but you know how it goes..Bonnie Scotland will always be home. Not been back for 6 years...we are long overdue a visit. And no Ive not lost my accent one bit ;)

:hug: It sounds like you'll need to come back home for a visit.

Here's hoping Winter is finally behind us.

Please, Lord. Let it be over.

Please....

Please?

We certainly had a lot more snow this year. We even had snow days at school which is unheard of for us.

That is a lot! Like Jeff mentioned, that looks like a Canadian winter!

Hannah got the fun of playing Thing One in her Youth Theatre's production of Seussical the Musical.

Good for her! How was it (and her)?

Alfie has been with us for a year now and has mastered the art of relaxation.

::yes:: They learn that pretty early on.
Wish I could.

Sorry Canadian friends - I was hoping we would meet DTH our recently re-signed Canadian but he didn't appear at the end.

Sorry... DTH?

My apologies for being missing in action. Life just now is revolving around Hannah studying for her exams in May. These are the ones that count in terms of entrance requirements for university.

That's okay. I get that.
Good luck to Hannah!

Holy smokedogs! That's a ton of snow! Far more than we'd ever get except in our mountain areas.

Good luck to Hannah as she keeps working towards her goal of good marks. We'll be here when you can post again. ;)

Please, Lord. Let it be over.

Please....

Please?

Has Spring arrived yet?

That is a lot! Like Jeff mentioned, that looks like a Canadian winter!

It was a lot of snow to fall in a very short space of time. This particular weather front was known as the Beast from the East.

Good for her! How was it (and her)?

It was really good. They all did really well.

::yes:: They learn that pretty early on.
Wish I could.

He has the right idea... retiring at 2. He's had a few visits to the vet in the past few weeks as he has been suffering from some lameness.

Sorry... DTH?

DTH van der Merwe rejoined Glasgow Warriors in March. It's great to have him back!

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/glasgow-warriors/player/dth-van-der-merwe-0

That's okay. I get that.
Good luck to Hannah!

Thanks. She goes on study leave tomorrow with her first exam on the 9th May.

Holy smokedogs! That's a ton of snow! Far more than we'd ever get except in our mountain areas.

It's a lot more snow than we're used to.

Good luck to Hannah as she keeps working towards her goal of good marks. We'll be here when you can post again. ;)

Thanks - just working away. 9 days now till her first one. The exams start tomorrow - one of her friends is sitting her Spanish exam. It's hard trying to balance study time between the different subjects. Hope you are getting on well studying for your exam and are getting to grips with navigation.

Has Spring arrived yet?

Yes! Except... now we need rain. It's been very windy and dry so it's really dusty.

This particular weather front was known as the Beast from the East.

Ugh. Appropriate.

It was really good. They all did really well.

Good!

He's had a few visits to the vet in the past few weeks as he has been suffering from some lameness.

Aw. Poor pup.

DTH van der Merwe rejoined Glasgow Warriors in March. It's great to have him back!

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/glasgow-warriors/player/dth-van-der-merwe-0

So his name is DTH. That's.... different. Surely it stands for something?

Yes! Except... now we need rain. It's been very windy and dry so it's really dusty.

We need rain too. They closed a portion of I80 in western Nebraska yesterday because of the dust.

Those dust storms look really dangerous. I don't fancy driving in them. I thought it was bad this evening driving with a low sun. Stay safe! I'll pray for rain - do remind me to stop though.

So his name is DTH. That's.... different. Surely it stands for something?

His name is actually Daniel Tailliferre Hauman van der Merwe but he's always called DTH. He scored 2 tries on Saturday night - a great way to celebrate his birthday.

Those dust storms look really dangerous. I don't fancy driving in them. I thought it was bad this evening driving with a low sun. Stay safe! I'll pray for rain

Thanks. Not loving riding in it. It feels like I'm chewing my air... blech.

do remind me to stop though.

:laughing: Okay.

His name is actually Daniel Tailliferre Hauman van der Merwe but he's always called DTH.

Ah! Okay, that makes more sense....

Maybe not as much as maybe going by.... Dan?

He scored 2 tries on Saturday night - a great way to celebrate his birthday.

:)

I got so confused bc I could've swore I had replied to your life update post but I finally figured it out that it was on your other TR!

I got so confused bc I could've swore I had replied to your life update post but I finally figured it out that it was on your other TR

:hug:
Oops, sorry for messing with your head! I did pa
ss on your message of Good Luck to Hannah. She said "Thank you!"

Day Three Part Two: Meeting the Big Cheese

It was now time for our first Fast Pass of the day. It was just a short walk to The Land and we headed down to Soaring. This was our first time experiencing Soaring around the world. The Taj Mahal seems a bit squint but there was some serious dysfunction going on with the Eiffel Tower. I really liked the concept of including different parts of the world but I can't believe they didn't pick up or sort the issues with the straight line structures.

We stopped off for a short refreshment break in Sunshine Seasons. We had Fast Passes for Mission Space but Alan and Hannah said they weren't bothered about doing it. Peter and I headed over to Mission Space. I told the others they could always go on Living the Land it they felt like it. After Peter and I had our necks duly stretched and hit the buttons when they lit up we headed back for Hannah and Alan. They were sitting where we had left them - still on their phones. The Wi-Fi was too handy: Hannah was catching up on Instagram and Facebook.

It's always hard choosing Fast Passes for Epcot with its tiering. A lot of things like The Seas, Turtle Talk and Journey into Imagination don't need a Fast Pass. That's why our 3rd Fast Pass was for Epcot Character Spot. I really like to meet the characters in their classic outfits.

It was good to meet up with an old friend but you know things weren't always so friendly. On our second trip to Disney we had an anything but magical meeting with Chef Mickey. Mickey pushed them out of the way when he came to the table. They were utterly crestfallen. One of my most surreal Disney moments is when I phoned later that day to discuss the situation. I had to choose from different options and eventually got to one where the closest option seemed to be to complain about a cast member. I'm sure they must still use a recording of this call for training purposes. "What is the name of the Cast Member?" "Emm...Mickey Mouse." So I had to outline the particular issues with Mickey's rude behaviour that day. Of course the cast member on the phone explained that "Mickey is very busy and has to see a lot of people. He is so pleased that you have come to Walt Disney World." I agreed that Mickey was quite overworked but perhaps he could try a little harder with two young children who had come all the way from Scotland to visit him. She told me we could come and see him at Magic Kingdom and wished me a magical day. To be honest he wasn't much better there and opted for the hug and shove approach.

Since then Mickey has been on further training and has grasped the concepts of Courtesy and Show. Mickey you've come a long way! Keep up the good work!

Goofy has always been a friendly hound. Peter no longer flaps his ears!

When you have younger children you spend your life trying to get them to look at the camera. It gets better...doesn't it? Well, not when you've got a Hannah. The trouble was the next family in line had 2 cute little kids and that's where Hannah's attention went. As a result we have lots of photos with Hannah with eyes to the side.

Do you know I think even Minnie was distracted by the cute kids!

I do love Minnie in her spotty dress!

It was good to see Peter still willing to join in meeting characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter