Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

Great family photo and I love your sunglasses.

At the part where there is a puff of air, I think it was the skunk part, Hannah got a surprise and moved back suddenly causing her sunglasses to slip down off the top of her head to cover her eyes. “This ride is much more intense than I remembered!” she exclaimed. She hadn’t realised what had happened to suddenly plunge her into darkness!
Okay, that is hilarious!

We stopped off at Club Cool to sample some sodas. Sadly the Kinley Lemon from Israel and the Lift apple drink from Mexico are no more. The new favourite was Bibo from South Africa. This was a lime juice flavour which is favoured in our family. The Fanta Melon Frosty from Thailand was also quite nice in small measures.
What?! No Beverly?! :laughing::crazy2:

Hannah wasn’t too pleased with the Ancient Greeks for inventing the subject of Mathematics. She feels the world would be a better place without the invention of Maths, although the invention of schools has kept Alan and I in a job.
So, it's the Greeks that are to blame! ::shakes fist::

And oh my goodness, an hour and a half to exit the parking lot?! :faint:

I feel honored to be both mentioned in the trip report and been replied to during the trip!

Well it would be rude not to reply to your well wishes!

Sounds like it was quite busy but I wouldn't expect any less. I agree that sometimes a bunch of fireworks just sounds like a jumbled mess but honestly it's so #Merica! :)

It was busy as we expected. It would have been nice to be able to hear a bit more of the music - it certainly wasn't understated but as you say it's so #Merica! :)

Ugh on the ride back. To be a kid again and just get to fall asleep and skip all the ugly end of night traffic parts! I remember in June how I so wanted to rush out to get back to the hotel at a reasonable hour but knowing it would be better to just hang out and wait.

It's really unusual for Hannah and Peter to fall asleep in the car these days so it shows you just how tired they were. Peter lasted less than a minute back in the car before he zonked out! On hindsight it probably would have been good to hang back to exit. I just loved the way Disney just left everyone to it.

Looking forward to more!

Hopefully be able to post another update soon. I have been busy downloading photos from Memory Maker for Day 2. It is a laborious process. There were so many photos and when downloaded the order was all jumbled so I spent this morning sorting them.

Great family photo and I love your sunglasses.

I really like this photo. We pretty much wear sunglasses all the time in Florida - we are not used to sunshine!

Okay, that is hilarious!
Hannah laughed too when she realised what had happened!

So, it's the Greeks that are to blame! ::shakes fist::

The Egyptians created numerals but the Greeks decided that studying maths was a good idea!

And oh my goodness, an hour and a half to exit the parking lot?! :faint:

It wasn't quite that bad it was an hour and a half to get back to our resort. It was definitely over 40 minutes to exit the parking lot.

What?! No Beverly?! :laughing::crazy2:

I know -surely it must be someone's favourite? then again they have stopped selling it in Italy so that probably says something.

Hannan's reaction on Figment is so funny :rotfl2:
It was one of those classic moments!

Other than the crazy car park it sounds like July 4th wasn't too busy :)

It was busy but Epcot copes well with crowds and I deliberately targeted rides that have high capacity. The Fast Pass for Illuminations was worthwhile.

I have to admit I'm with Hannah on not liking math!!
Omg on the Epcot exit :scared1: My DH would have lost it. We actually just started discussing the possibility of going to Disney for July 4th next year as we've never been (and only have 2 upcoming trips planned so of course it's time to discuss the next) so I'll keep this in mind!

Well it would be rude not to reply to your well wishes!

:)

It was busy as we expected. It would have been nice to be able to hear a bit more of the music - it certainly wasn't understated but as you say it's so #Merica! :)
It's good you understand this! LOL ;)

Hopefully be able to post another update soon. I have been busy downloading photos from Memory Maker for Day 2. It is a laborious process. There were so many photos and when downloaded the order was all jumbled so I spent this morning sorting them.
I definitely understand the laborious nature of Disney's Photopass service. Ugh. I did eventually get all ours downloaded but it was time consuming and never easy!

Omg on the Epcot exit :scared1: My DH would have lost it. We actually just started discussing the possibility of going to Disney for July 4th next year as we've never been (and only have 2 upcoming trips planned so of course it's time to discuss the next) so I'll keep this in mind!
And I've actually heard attendance was down for the holiday this year!

She doesn't mind so much the arithmetical part or parts she can see a practical use but a lot of maths she does seems quite pointless.

And I've actually heard attendance was down for the holiday this year!
Maybe I would have got into MK after all.

It definitely was better when we stayed at the Boardwalk area to exit. I just don't understand why they don't have anyone trying to direct things at the parking lot. The 4th of July fireworks at MK also run on 3rd July. There are some good offering on the 3rd at Epcot during the day such as Mickey, Donald and Goofy in patriotic costumes, Voices and Liberty and this year they had the Spirit of America Fire and Drums Corp.

I definitely understand the laborious nature of Disney's Photopass service. Ugh. I did eventually get all ours downloaded but it was time consuming and never easy!

There must be an easier way of doing things!

Do you know they didn't even say for each day it might just have been 2 breakfasts. That's the kind of deal red haired mermaids do!

:laughing:

Now that was a good deal - they don't make deals like that anymore!

No. They don't.
"Offer them a bag of chips and a half can of Coke!"

Maybe I need to start one of those threads "I know it's a strange request but can anybody who is actually staying at the Vistana just now take one of the stools from the kitchen and check whether you can sit on it while straightening your hair and actually see your hair in the mirror."

::yes:: And then you'll get some four foot nothing person answering you...

Know what?

when?

Security was busy – Alan was selected to go through the metal detector.

Yay! He got picked!

Wait... this isn't all that great a prize.

They even had some sniffer dogs out.

I don't mind them at all. They're pretty unobtrusive.

Nice dress. :)

Poop. I need to hear them. Never have.

Shocked! I'm shocked!!

:rolleyes1

:laughing: Well... cool!

:lmao:

::yes::

We then headed to another favourite Turtle Talk with Crush. I think this is so well done.

I remember the first time I saw it. I was blown away by the technology.

Huh! If I go, I may be a little lost (still haven't seen Finding Dory.)

line was ridiculously long so we decided to go and do something else and come back later.We stopped off at Club Cool to sample some sodas. Sadly the Kinley Lemon from Israel and the Lift apple drink from Mexico are no more.

Oh? Did not know this.

Hannah wasn’t too pleased with the Ancient Greeks for inventing the subject of Mathematics. She feels the world would be a better place without the invention of Maths, although the invention of schools has kept Alan and I in a job.

:laughing:

Thanks - have arrived safely. At Epcot for Illuminations. Very tired as have been on the go from 4:30am so nearly 24 hours ago.

At this point I was questioning the wisdom of staying out so late.

Yeah, you must've been hitting the wall right about then.

You did! I wonder what the odds are of that.
Had you known they were going to be there?

The car park was extremely busy. It puzzles me that Disney has all the parking attendants out pointing when you arrive but they are nowhere to be seen when exiting the parking lot at night.

Good question. I wonder why not?
Perhaps because they want to help you in so you can spend money, but once you're on your way out, you're not spending any more cash, so you're on your own.

::yes:: And then you'll get some four foot nothing person answering you...

I would, of course, graciously acknowledge their contribution and see what suggestion they came up with! I wonder what height you would need to be to successfully use the stool provided.

Yay! He got picked!

Wait... this isn't all that great a prize.

He got really lucky this trip. Still not as bad as Universal when you had to go through at every ride - see 2015 TR. :sad2:

I don't mind them at all. They're pretty unobtrusive.
I think they do a great job in keeping us safe!

Nice dress. :)

Well, thank you!

Poop. I need to hear them. Never have.

I think they're really good. You can always have a listen on Youtube.

:laughing: Well... cool!

I was slightly jealous.

I remember the first time I saw it. I was blown away by the technology.

I am still really impressed every time I see it.

Huh! If I go, I may be a little lost (still haven't seen Finding Dory.)

You'll be fine Crush will keep you right. I hadn't seen it when I went - hoping to see it this week. I had it as a possible thing to do while in Orlando but somehow didn't fit it in!

Yeah, you must've been hitting the wall right about then.

Peter was the worst! I always find travel days long - sitting on a plane for hours on end is so boring and somehow it's tiring busy doing nothing.

You did! I wonder what the odds are of that.
Had you known they were going to be there?

Although she still lives locally to us I haven't seen her for a good few years. There were about another 6 families we knew out there at the same time (including my cousin) and we didn't bump into them or maybe they were avoiding us!

Good question. I wonder why not?

Certainly at Universal they had staff waving coloured sticks about at the end of the night. I wonder if it is a liability issue if they start directing things they probably then are seen as having responsibility.

Perhaps because they want to help you in so you can spend money, but once you're on your way out, you're not spending any more cash, so you're on your own.

If they help keep me alive I'll be more likely to come back tomorrow.
I just want to commend you on your usage of your and you're in the above sentence. I am driven mad by the incorrect use on social media lately. My DD does at times refer to me as the grammar police. I only point it out to her to be helpful but it's not always appreciated.

Day Two Part One: “Magic Kingdom... We’re Back!”

Tuesday 5th July 2016

Staying up later the previous night worked well as we didn’t wake at 3am which can happen due to the time difference. We did get up early as we wanted to make rope drop at Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is always our first morning park at Disney. When staying offsite you need to leave extra time to get to the Magic Kingdom. When onsite it is the one park we consistently used Disney transportation to get to as the bus brings you in near to the park entrance. Even better, was when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge with the lovely wee boat ride over in the morning.

We parked up in Simba 113. Alan duly took a photo on his mobile phone (cell phone) to help locate the car later in the day. On our first trip we parked in Pluto 12. This was a time before the Villains and Heroes parking lot. It was already really warm. We were on the tram by 8:35am.

Indulge me a moment while I take you back to 2008 and our first trip. This was also the moment when Alan realised he was going to like Walt Disney World after all.

Since it was our first morning we opted for the Ferry Boat.

https://flic.kr/p/JYBou1

There are some quite obvious differences between Hannah and Peter and myself between then and now. But Alan? Mmm...you will have noticed that Alan is wearing the same outfit as 2008. This has become his 'first day at Magic Kingdom' outfit. He no longer wears it at any other time.

Hannah looks a lot less Goofy now!

Soon Cinderella’s Castle came into sight.

I get so excited on that approach to the Magic Kingdom on the first morning. In fact it's been a while since we arrived this way. If you zoom in close on this picture you can see Mickey opening the Magic Kingdom. We didn’t quite make it for the Welcome Show that morning so we would just need to get there a little bit earlier later in the trip.

Omg I love love love the comparison photos! I will have to remember that for a far in the future TR! I think arriving by ferry boat is an awesome way to first see the MK on a trip!

I am really, really hoping we can get WL at the 7 month mark for next June. I am going to be thrilled with taking the boat to MK and back again!

And yes, I noticed Alan looked eerily similar (lol) between all the photos. Cyborg, maybe? ;)

Looking forward to more from your first MK day!

I would, of course, graciously acknowledge their contribution and see what suggestion they came up with! I wonder what height you would need to be to successfully use the stool provided.

I checked the web site.
8 feet, 3 inches.

Still not as bad as Universal when you had to go through at every ride

Ugh.

I think they're really good. You can always have a listen on Youtube.

You know... I don't want to. I want my first experience to be live.

You'll be fine Crush will keep you right. I hadn't seen it when I went - hoping to see it this week. I had it as a possible thing to do while in Orlando but somehow didn't fit it in!

Ah. Okay, good to know.

sitting on a plane for hours on end is so boring and somehow it's tiring busy doing nothing.

I wonder if it is a liability issue if they start directing things they probably then are seen as having responsibility.

That's a definite possibility.

If they help keep me alive I'll be more likely to come back tomorrow.

Good point!

I just want to commend you on your usage of your and you're in the above sentence. I am driven mad by the incorrect use on social media lately.

Your welcome. Don't want too loose you're respekt.

Actually, there's been a couple of times where I've dashed off a quick comment, only to see it again when it's been quoted.... and I see that I've written your instead of you're (or vice versa) and it sticks out like a sore thumb! Drives me nuts.

My DD does at times refer to me as the grammar police. I only point it out to her to be helpful but it's not always appreciated.

No. I can see that. There have been entire threads (usually heated) devoted to the subject. Both for and against. Usually in the same thread.

Staying up later the previous night worked well as we didn’t wake at 3am which can happen due to the time difference.

Been there, done that. But usually when I'm going to your neck of the woods.

Magic Kingdom is always our first morning park at Disney.

Many people feel the same... and yet... I usually will "save dessert for last".

Indulge me a moment while I take you back to 2008 and our first trip. This was also the moment when Alan realised he was going to like Walt Disney World after all.

Love those before and after pics.
You may recall I did the same (or similar) with Kay on our trip.

I didn't notice! :laughing:
But I get it.
I have a shirt that I reserve mostly for DISmeets since it has Marvin the Martian (my avatar) on it.

A beautiful young lady.

I get so excited on that approach to the Magic Kingdom on the first morning.

We have to do the Ferry boat at least once each vacation....even if we stay on property. It really is a fun trip.

:welcome: I agree that although it is super convenient to arrive by bus nothing beats that approach on the ferry!

Omg I love love love the comparison photos! I will have to remember that for a far in the future TR!

Thanks! It is amazing the difference a few years make. I am sure you will naturally look back in a few years time!

I think arriving by ferry boat is an awesome way to first see the MK on a trip!

It is the best way to approach. It is the way we arrived on our first visit so always brings back happy memories!

I am really, really hoping we can get WL at the 7 month mark for next June. I am going to be thrilled with taking the boat to MK and back again!

We loved Wilderness Lodge. It is in such a great location and is much more compact than a lot of resorts. It also feels a bit secluded. Fingers crossed it works out for you! I remember the final boat ride back on our last night looking back at Magic Kingdom with tears in my eyes!

And yes, I noticed Alan looked eerily similar (lol) between all the photos. Cyborg, maybe? ;)

It is very strange.. could be an explanation!

Looking forward to more from your first MK day!

There's plenty more magic to come from our first Magical Kingdom day.

I checked the web site.
8 feet, 3 inches.

Thanks for checking! :thumbsup2 After all it is important that basket ball players have a place to do their hair but then I don't know that their knees would fit under!

I know I hope this is never introduced at Disney.

You know... I don't want to. I want my first experience to be live.

I'm like that too - I won't watch a new parade or ride before I go. Hope you get to experience them live before too long.

Your welcome. Don't want too loose you're respekt.

Actually, there's been a couple of times where I've dashed off a quick comment, only to see it again when it's been quoted.... and I see that I've written your instead of you're (or vice versa) and it sticks out like a sore thumb! Drives me nuts.

It's OK I'm off duty! I know what you mean - I'm much more unforgiving of my own errors or should that be typos?

Been there, done that. But usually when I'm going to your neck of the woods.

Gaining hours as you travel is very weird particularly when you fly overnight with no sleep and arrive in time for breakfast!

Many people feel the same... and yet... I usually will "save dessert for last".

You see that's the beauty of a 14 night trip I can have MK for starter, main course and dessert!

Love those before and after pics.
You may recall I did the same (or similar) with Kay on our trip.

It is amazing the difference a few years make with children. Great minds think alike! You had some great comparison photos of Kay. :)

A beautiful young lady.

Thanks on Hannah's behalf! It is funny when she posted this on Facebook someone commented 'some serious smile'. Of course I'm asking, "a serious smile can you get a serious smile?" Sounds like an oxymoron to me! Seriously?

After all it is important that basket ball players have a place to do their hair but then I don't know that their knees would fit under!

Well you can't have everything.

Hope you get to experience them live before too long.

Maybe next month.
But TBH, I don't know if I'll have the time.
We'll see.

I'm much more unforgiving of my own errors or should that be typos?

How about you combine "typos" and "errors"

That gives you terrors.

Gaining hours as you travel is very weird particularly when you fly overnight with no sleep and arrive in time for breakfast!

You see that's the beauty of a 14 night trip I can have MK for starter, main course and dessert!

I'm hoping to see MK... at least once!

It is amazing the difference a few years make with children.

Yup. Startling, occasionally.

Great minds think alike! You had some great comparison photos of Kay. :)

Thanks! :)

Thanks on Hannah's behalf! It is funny when she posted this on Facebook someone commented 'some serious smile'. Of course I'm asking, "a serious smile can you get a serious smile?" Sounds like an oxymoron to me! Seriously?

I dunno.
You can have silly smiles and happy smiles and sad smiles... so why not serious smiles?

Maybe next month.
But TBH, I don't know if I'll have the time.
We'll see.

There never is enough time but there's always the next time with Disney!

How about you combine "typos" and "errors"

That gives you terrors.
:rotfl2:That's so true it would give me the terrors!

I dunno.
You can have silly smiles and happy smiles and sad smiles... so why not serious smiles?

Mmm.. a bit like the Mona Lisa I suppose.

I just found your report and I absolutely love it! Love your accents. I have to admit I'm loving everything Scottish right now since I'm a big Outlander fan.

The recreated photos are great. I also noticed the same shirt. Everyone else in the pictures but Alan changed. Your daughter is a lovely young woman now. My youngest is 17 and she's the second girl so I know all about limiting primping time. We caught the ferry one day on our last trip and missed the opening show too. But it was our first time on it since 2002 so that was nice.

I'm looking forward to more!

That's so funny about Alan's shirt! I was scrolling up and down between the pictures before I got to your comment about it actually being the same shirt, because I was like, "Is that the same shirt in 2008?" lol! Pretty cool he only wears it on his first MK days now :)

Steve and I are staying at WL in a couple weeks and I'm really looking forward to taking the ferry over to MK :goodvibes

Also I love Hannah's shirt with Mickey and Walt on Main St.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!