Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

Not a bad plan.

::yes::

That's too funny. I'm sure she's glad Hannah Montana is not a big thing anymore.

The poor girl had to wear the t-shirts as I wasn't about to let them go to waste but that probably made people think she was a fan!

This year getting ready was really stressful.

Yes I've been there - in fact I think all mothers of daughters have been there!

By the time she left I was just relieved she had gotten out the door. We didn't get to enjoy the process of getting ready. In the end she had a great time.

The teenage melt-down is never fun - yet they invariably have a ball even though they've left the house in turmoil. Anyway well done for getting such lovely photos that don't show any of the stresses of reality.

Day Two Part Nine: Just Keep Smiling!

In the time that Hannah is away this afternoon for her spa day with friends I will give you the next update. Just a short update but it will keep things moving along.

When we got out the Grand Marshal car Fred was waiting for us with cold bottles of water which were very welcome! Chelsea wasn’t finished taking photos of us and took us onto Main Street for another little photo shoot. It was really good to get so many family photos on Main Street. Here are a few of my favourites:

A few times during our Photo Shoot Chelsea was asked if she would take photos for other families and she pointed them in the direction of other Photopass photographers.

We held out our Grand Marshal Ears as requested by Chelsea.

When Chelsea asked for Peter's sunglasses he dutifully handed them over.

I love this photo of Hannah and Peter. Hannah described the ground as "butt burning". It's probably not a good idea to sit on the tram rails!

Let's have one with the grown-ups.

Then bring the kids back in.

Then we threw our hats in the air.

It wasn't quite as effective as High School Musical 3 but it was fun! Look at Alan getting ready to catch his.

It was now time to take our reserved spot for the Festival of Fantasy Parade.

Last edited:
Day Two Part Ten: A Magical Celebration in the Street

We met back up with Fred and popped our bags over to the side. It was time for the Festival of Fantasy Parade.

Hey Peter you need to get your ears back on!

There was plenty of space to spread out! This was definitely the way to watch a parade.

A big difference this year from last year was we got plenty of hydration.

Hannah was loving this whole experience!

I love the costumes in this parade.

I could have just left Chelsea to take the photos and just enjoyed the parade but I just can't keep that camera out my hands. Well I did resist during the whole car ride which is something I suppose!

It was really special in that the performers all interacted with us.

I even managed to get a photo of Cinderella and her charming prince.

I love all the details in the floats.

Poor Naveen looks exhausted! It actually must be really difficult in that intense sunlight not to have sunglasses. I know I couldn't cope with the bright sunlight.

Anna and Alan seemed so happy to see each other!

Did I mention that we had some great interaction with the performers?

I love the Tangled float!

There was plenty of space to spread out! This was definitely the way to watch a parade.

Totally agree! What a great spot.

I love the costumes in this parade.

Me too. So much eye candy and great photo ops.

I'm so jelly!

I even managed to get a photo of Cinderella and her charming prince.

Perfect picture. I'm never able to get this.

Did I mention that we had some great interaction with the performers?

Still jelly.

I love the Tangled float!

Me too! It's such a fun float.

I"m glad that you got so many fun interactions and experiences with the Grand Marshall thing! From waving to the crowds to the photoshoot, it all looked like just such FUN! I didn't know that that entailed so much!

Totally agree! What a great spot.

It was nicely tucked away with no-one ramming their stroller into my ankles.

Me too. So much eye candy and great photo ops.

Eye candy...ah that's right you think Eugene is a hottie!

Perfect picture. I'm never able to get this.

But then you got a great photo of Rapunzel.

Me too! It's such a fun float.

Anything to do with a certain Flynn Rider?

I"m glad that you got so many fun interactions and experiences with the Grand Marshall thing! From waving to the crowds to the photoshoot, it all looked like just such FUN! I didn't know that that entailed so much!

Thanks - it was so much fun! I had no idea that we would have got so much individual attention beyond the ride in the car. It really was very special.

A few times during our Photo Shoot Chelsea was asked if she would take photos for other families and she pointed them in the direction of other Photopass photographers.

VIP experience is for VIPs only.

We held out our Grand Marshal Ears as requested by Chelsea.

Have I mentioned what an awesome keepsake those are???

When Chelsea asked for Peter's sunglasses he dutifully handed them over.

Impressed. Very, very creative!

I love this photo of Hannah and Peter. Hannah described the ground as "butt burning". It's probably not a good idea to sit on the tram rails!

:laughing:
Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "She's gone off the rails."

Look at Alan getting ready to catch his.

Like a boss.

Hey Peter you need to get your ears back on!

Rebellious teen stage.

You guys majorly scored, I must say.

Hannah was loving this whole experience!

Who wouldn't!?!?!

Man! It just keeps getting better!

I love all the details in the floats.

::yes:: I've never been one for parades... but this one is something else.

Anna and Alan seemed so happy to see each other!

Sure. Redhead. I get it.

It was nicely tucked away with no-one ramming their stroller into my ankles.

Extra bonus. Strollers ramming my ankles is one of the reasons I don't like the area between Peter Pan and Small World.

Eye candy...ah that's right you think Eugene is a hottie!

I love the smolder.

But then you got a great photo of Rapunzel.

Thank you!

Anything to do with a certain Flynn Rider?

Maybe, but Rapunzel is Danielle's favorite Princess.

Thanks - it was so much fun! I had no idea that we would have got so much individual attention beyond the ride in the car. It really was very special.

Disney Magic at it's best!

VIP experience is for VIPs only.

I'm obviously not used to being a VIP as I was like "I don't mind if you want to stop to take their photo!"

Have I mentioned what an awesome keepsake those are???

They certainly are - Hannah and I may have worn them on some other days in the Magic Kingdom.

Impressed. Very, very creative!

She certainly was - she just loved her job!

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "She's gone off the rails."

:laughing: I mean really as a VIP you would expect a Prince to come along and lay down his cloak. I mean they didn't even warn us the ground was hot.

Like a boss.
Always competitive!

Rebellious teen stage.

Well he's nearly there - on what other occasion would someone his age wear a pair of Mickey Ears?

You guys majorly scored, I must say.
::yes:: Yes, serious pixie dust!

Who wouldn't!?!?!

I'm sure there are some and that's why Fred kept looking when he had doubts about the other family. We loved it as I 'm sure you can tell.

Man! It just keeps getting better!
::yes::

::yes:: I've never been one for parades... but this one is something else.

They made a great job of this one.

Extra bonus. Strollers ramming my ankles is one of the reasons I don't like the area between Peter Pan and Small World.

So it's not just me! I actually had to speak to someone during one parade to ask the person to stop! Once I can excuse but don't keep doing it!

I love the smolder.

Sure. Redhead. I get it.

Interesting! Anyone else want to confess which character they like to have smile and wave at them during the parade?

Stay tuned! There will be another red head appearing soon.

Maybe, but Rapunzel is Danielle's favorite Princess.

A good choice of Princess! Who doesn't like a princess with hair that glows when she sings?

Disney Magic at it's best!

:thumbsup2:cheer2:

Last edited:
I'm obviously not used to being a VIP as I was like "!I don't mind if you want to stop to take their photo!"

You have to work on your snobbishness.

They certainly are - Hannah and I may have worn them on some other days in the Magic Kingdom.

Good!

:laughing: I mean really as a VIP you would expect a Prince to come along and lay down his cloak. I mean they didn't even warn us the ground was hot.

You should've demanded a redo of the entire day.

Day Two Part Eleven: Dreams will come True

Did I mention I love the costumes in this parade? Although I do think the lilac character shoes would have gone better with her ensemble!

A certain red-headed mermaid noticed us! She was quite amazed!

Ariel spotted our thingamabobs and thought she needed some for her collection.

No thank you Lost Boy it's really too hot for a Hula hoop competition!

Hook has spotted Peter!

Hannah was having a great time!

Oh look - it's Mr Smee!

Ok what's next?

Time for a wee jig!

Or you could just scoot around?

Well, this is slightly awkward!

Up close and personal!

Chelsea worked her little socks off and just kept taking photos! Here's a money saving tip for your next trip - just get picked to be the Grand Marshal and it will save you the cost of booking a photo shoot!

Here are our parade watching faces!

There certainly were plenty things to react to.

Final part of the parade coming soon(ish)!

Although I do think the lilac character shoes would have gone better with her ensemble!

You're right. Entire ensemble is ruined! Kick her out!

A certain red-headed mermaid noticed us! She was quite amazed!

Quite amazed that pkondz wasn't with you, right?

Right.

No thank you Lost Boy it's really too hot for a Hula hoop competition!

Are you sure? I'm sure Chelsea would have taken some photos.

Hook has spotted Peter!

Who looks rather excited about the prospect of becoming a pirate.

Oh look - it's Mr Smee!

:laughing: Nice! You guys had amazing interactions! :)

Well, this is slightly awkward!

Nah. He recognizes a princess when he sees one.

Chelsea worked her little socks off and just kept taking photos! Here's a money saving tip for your next trip - just get picked to be the Grand Marshal and it will save you the cost of booking a photo shoot!

Thanks for the tip!
How exactly does one assure themselves of this?

Final part of the parade coming soon(ish)!

There's even more??? Wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter