Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

Hi everyone!

I know it's been a long time. Life does get in the way a bit. I have now reached our Easter holidays or have reached the end of the first week of it. In March I had the hectic week of 'Summer Holiday' where I worked full time and did 7 performances. Last Saturday a foster greyhound came to stay with us. His name is Alfie. He has only recently retired from racing and has never lived in a home environment before. He loves lots of attention and very short walks. In fact this afternoon Alan phoned when out with him for me to come and rescue him as Alfie had stopped walking. Alfie is definitely taking his retirement seriously!

So super cute! We love animals here. We have 3 dogs (our cat passed right before our Disney trip last year) and my parents have 3! My brother has 2 and a cat, I think. I'd have more if I could!

So super cute! We love animals here. We have 3 dogs (our cat passed right before our Disney trip last year) and my parents have 3! My brother has 2 and a cat, I think. I'd have more if I could!

Wow that is a lot of dogs! Alan has always been very sensible and said no to having a dog but how could he say no to fostering a homeless greyhound?

Day Two Part Eight: Just Keep Waving

OK everyone get yourself comfortable in the Grand Marshal car and just keep waving!

As we crossed over the bridge from Liberty Square to the Hub we took the opportunity to stop waving and smiling for a few seconds.

When we swung round into the hub the crowds were thick and the noise level rose! You could feel the excitement in the crowd!

It truly was an amazing experience!

Someone in the crowd yelled out “Scotland” and Chelsea captured my response!

We passed by some favourite places. Magic Kingdom has such a special place in my heart!

I love these photos that show the crowds on Main Street for the 3pm parade. It captures for me all of our July visits to Disney.

We approached the end of Main Street.

We made sure we waved to all the little children who were waving! It is interesting that you can really spot them in the crowd and see their joy and excitement.

We smiled and waved until we reached the end!

I know it's been a long time. Life does get in the way a bit.

Tell me about it! Hi!

In March I had the hectic week of 'Summer Holiday' where I worked full time and did 7 performances.

Whoa... You really were busy!

He has only recently retired from racing and has never lived in a home environment before.

I guess I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think they had dog races anymore.
I must live a very sheltered life.

In fact this afternoon Alan phoned when out with him for me to come and rescue him as Alfie had stopped walking. Alfie is definitely taking his retirement seriously!

:laughing: Who's a good boy!

Aw. What a cute pup!

OK everyone get yourself comfortable in the Grand Marshal car and just keep waving!

:wave:

It truly was an amazing experience!

You guys were super fortunate to have that happen.
Truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Someone in the crowd yelled out “Scotland” and Chelsea captured my response!

:goodvibes

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you look pretty gosh darned happy there.

We made sure we waved to all the little children who were waving! It is interesting that you can really spot them in the crowd and see their joy and excitement.

::yes:: When I was diving at Epcot, the absolute best part of it was interacting with the kids. Nothing better.

I'm finally caught up.

Bless for you for adopting the precious pup. We have 2 dogs and a cat. One of our dogs was a stray dog that adopted us.

I'm loving the Grand Marshall pictures. Hannah really does look right at home. This is an experience you will never forget. Was it the highlight of your trip?

I know about life getting in the way. This is my youngest senior year and it just doesn't seem to be letting up yet. Senior prom was Friday night, just one more last for me. I've slacked on my own report but I've got to get in gear. We're going back next month to celebrate graduation.

Last edited:

Tell me about it! Hi!

Hi! Yes, you know all about busy!

Whoa... You really were busy!

I was shattered by the end of the week - it didn't help that my dressing room was up two flights of stairs and along two corridors. On the Friday night we had a 5.30pm and 8.30pm performance and I was asking who's idea was this?

I guess I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think they had dog races anymore.
I must live a very sheltered life.

It is hard to believe that it still goes on - although not in Canada. You got me wondering and it turns out that Greyhound racing is only in six US states now. Interestingly enough in Australia the New South Wales government voted to ban greyhound racing only for their Premier to reverse the ban. Greyhound racing is still legal in the UK.

:laughing: Who's a good boy!

We are trying to figure out if it is due to his injury - he retired due to a tendon injury or whether he's just 'at it'. Hannah did well getting Alfie moving the other day when he stopped.

Aw. What a cute pup!

He is very cute! You don't really get a sense of the size of him in this photo - he takes up a lot of space.

You'd be perfect for the job!

You guys were super fortunate to have that happen.
Truly a once in a lifetime experience.

I know - it was something I thought we'd never get to do. It really was very special and to think we weren't even due to be going to WDW last summer.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you look pretty gosh darned happy there.

That's how I look whenever I'm in Magic Kingdom but yes it is safe to say I was happy.

::yes:: When I was diving at Epcot, the absolute best part of it was interacting with the kids. Nothing better.

That would be fun to do - the children must love the interaction.

Aww, cute little Alfie! Such a sweet face. :)

I think it's absolutely incredible you got to be the Grand Marshals. Such fun! I love that you engaged with all the waving kids and helped to make some fantastic memories for them!

Congratulations on giving Alfie a nice new home!

Love the pictures from the parade. I'm really excited that you had an opportunity to experience that!

I was shattered by the end of the week - it didn't help that my dressing room was up two flights of stairs and along two corridors. On the Friday night we had a 5.30pm and 8.30pm performance and I was asking who's idea was this?

Ugh. Tooooo many stairs.
I feel your pain.

We are trying to figure out if it is due to his injury - he retired due to a tendon injury or whether he's just 'at it'. Hannah did well getting Alfie moving the other day when he stopped.

Ah! Didn't know that. Makes sense.

He is very cute! You don't really get a sense of the size of him in this photo - he takes up a lot of space.

I sense another photo is due.

You'd be perfect for the job!

:laughing:

Bless for you for adopting the precious pup. We have 2 dogs and a cat. One of our dogs was a stray dog that adopted us.

Aww, cute little Alfie! Such a sweet face. :)

Congratulations on giving Alfie a nice new home!

I sense another photo is due.

At the moment we are just fostering him until he finds his forever home. We do have the option of adopting him. We have to let them know by Saturday as other people are interested in him. He has very much adopted us and made himself right at home. It is one of these decisions that it you consider logically it makes no sense for us to have a dog. OK pkondz if you insist on more photos here you are...

you can have Yoga Dug..

or playing dead dug...

or if you prefer just plain ol' dog tired!

At the moment we are just fostering him until he finds his forever home. We do have the option of adopting him. We have to let them know by Saturday as other people are interested in him. He has very much adopted us and made himself right at home. It is one of these decisions that it you consider logically it makes no sense for us to have a dog.

When does logic ever apply to loving a dog?

OK pkondz if you insist on more photos here you are...

Thanks! :)

I don't see the dog. I see the horse sized critter there, but...

I'm loving the Grand Marshall pictures.

Thanks - Chelsea did a great job.

Hannah really does look right at home.

You're not the first person to mention that! :)

This is an experience you will never forget.

That's very true! It was very special.

I know about life getting in the way. This is my youngest senior year and it just doesn't seem to be letting up yet.

I'm sure things will be incredibly busy!

Senior prom was Friday night, just one more last for me.

I'm sure Danielle was gorgeous - are you posting some photos on your trip report?

I've slacked on my own report but I've got to get in gear. We're going back next month to celebrate graduation.

I'm still following along - a graduation trip will be so much time. Hannah's just celebrated her 16th but unfortunately she is studying during this holiday. She is having a spa day with friends on Friday. On her actual birthday she went out with another group of friends for a meal and to see Beauty and the Beast.

You look so happy and excited to be the Grand Marshall I love those pictures

Thanks. We really loved the experience.

I think it's absolutely incredible you got to be the Grand Marshals. Such fun!

It was incredible and so unexpected!

I love that you engaged with all the waving kids and helped to make some fantastic memories for them!

It let them get some practice in before the main event!

Love the pictures from the parade. I'm really excited that you had an opportunity to experience that!

There are some great photos.Thanks for sharing in the excitement. Hope you get your share of pixie dust on your next visit.

Ugh. Tooooo many stairs.
I feel your pain.

I think what was the real killer was the quick changes and then arriving back stage to go on for some high energy dance number. We did question why the younger cast couldn't get the furthest away dressing room. Keeps us fit I suppose!

When does logic ever apply to loving a dog?

I haven't quite convinced Alan of that yet - maybe I should leave that to Alfie?

No problem

I don't see the dog. I see the horse sized critter there, but...

:rotfl:He's all legs!

Yes, he is a very good sized dog.

He's certainly a handsome hound!

Following along.
:cheer2::welcome: Great to have you along!

I love Yoga dog!!

He is certainly flexible!

How exciting that you got to be grand marshalls!!

It was very exciting! :woohoo:

I think what was the real killer was the quick changes and then arriving back stage to go on for some high energy dance number. We did question why the younger cast couldn't get the furthest away dressing room. Keeps us fit I suppose!

Did you mean to say "Keeps us having fits I suppose".

I haven't quite convinced Alan of that yet - maybe I should leave that to Alfie?

Not a bad plan.

:rotfl:He's all legs!

::yes::

Thanks - Chelsea did a great job.

She sure did!

You're not the first person to mention that! :)

Have you told her about her fan club?

I'm sure Danielle was gorgeous - are you posting some photos on your trip report?

I thought she looked great, but I'm partial to her. I might post some pictures. I put some on Facebook.

I'm still following along - a graduation trip will be so much time. Hannah's just celebrated her 16th but unfortunately she is studying during this holiday. She is having a spa day with friends on Friday. On her actual birthday she went out with another group of friends for a meal and to see Beauty and the Beast.

Happy Belated birthday to Hannah! I do like how she is celebrating her Sweet 16!

Have you told her about her fan club?

No, I've not mentioned anything about her fan club - wait a minute I think that's Hannah Montana. Hannah was never in her fan club - when she was younger people kept buying her Hannah Montana t-shirts which she hated.

I thought she looked great, but I'm partial to her. I might post some pictures. I put some on Facebook.

She looks really lovely. Did you get emotional when you saw her all dressed up?

Happy Belated birthday to Hannah! I do like how she is celebrating her Sweet 16!

Thanks - she seems to be having a great time!

No, I've not mentioned anything about her fan club - wait a minute I think that's Hannah Montana. Hannah was never in her fan club - when she was younger people kept buying her Hannah Montana t-shirts which she hated.

That's too funny. I'm sure she's glad Hannah Montana is not a big thing anymore.

She looks really lovely. Did you get emotional when you saw her all dressed up?

This year getting ready was really stressful. I had to work til 5 and the dance was on a Friday not Saturday. I spend my lunch hour checking her out from school so she could go to her hair and makeup appointment. She had to drive herself since I was at work. Michelle went to meet her during the appointment. She hated her makeup so she was a mess when she got home, and to top it off she got stuck in traffic. I had to get her calmed down so she could take all the makeup and redo it. She is very picky about her makeup. This meant she was late getting ready and late for the dinner she had planned with her friends. They helped her out by ordering her food for her and Chris. By the time she left I was just relieved she had gotten out the door. We didn't get to enjoy the process of getting ready. In the end she had a great time. They were back at the house for midnight and then went to a friends to watch movies and eat a late night snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!