Get Ready for a Western Adventure-August 2017 Wish Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

@sweetpeama are you in the path of totality for the eclipse? I experienced a total solar eclipse about 20 years ago in Munich and it was amazing!

Friday check in: my scale was nice to me: weight went down again (still not below the lowest weight from last week, but at least nearly there) AND the body fat content went down as well! So, I am taking this as a good sign if at least that number is creeping downwards!

This weekend I am going to visit my sister in Berlin and while we both want to eat healthy, we both enjoy good food and tend to enable us a bit to over indulge when we are together. So, hopefully we can stay good this weekend! My lunch was a bit heavier than I would have wanted, but a lot of it was lean chicken meat, so hopefully this has not set me up for failure this weekend just when the scale started to move into the right direction with both the total and the body fat! But I already packed a snack for the train (cheese stick and carrots, my current standard snack that I need to vary a bit more in the future as I am starting to get tired of carrots) and tonight we will have a lentil salad for dinner which sounds pretty healthy to me...

I waited to long to get our eclipse glasses and can't find them anywhere. Luckily my Aunt had several extra and mailed me 4. She lives in Michigan. I am very excited for the eclipse but very nervous too. There is so much news out here about how if you don't have the right filters you can go blind. Thankfully the kids will be home with my husband as they don't start school until Tuesday. He will be able to keep a close eye on them to make sure they are doing the right thing. This is late for use this year to go back to school. So I think they wanted to wait until after the eclipse so they didn't have to worry about it. The district that my mom teaches in sent something out say they will not be letting the kids see the eclipse live but they can watch it on TV. They are also putting stuff on the windows so the kids can not look outside. We have another district that decided not to have school on Monday.

Hi all, just checking in from on the road. Trying to keep up. I had a good day yesterday, stayed within my ww points. We left s Fla and are near Birmingham, AL . Stayed overnight to see a museum here. Only about 4500 steps from all those hours in the car. I am hoping to get more on today.

Hi all, just checking in from on the road. Trying to keep up. I had a good day yesterday, stayed within my ww points. We left s Fla and are near Birmingham, AL . Stayed overnight to see a museum here. Only about 4500 steps from all those hours in the car. I am hoping to get more on today.

Have a great trip! Make sure to get stops regularly and walk for ten minutes (up and down the parking lot even). That will add steps, but is also healthy on long drives. A friend's mother recently ended up with a blood clot after a multi day car trip.

@sweetpeama are you in the path of totality for the eclipse?

We are supposed to get 93.3% here so it won't be as spectacular as in 1979 when I got to see a total eclipse during my kindergarten year. I was one of the few in my class that got to watch it because I had one of my dad's welding helmets to look through. If we drive about 4 hours to Casper, WY we can see a total eclipse. My truck is not up to doing that much driving and there is not a rental car to be found that day though since my aunt and uncle are driving up at least from Jackson Hole, WY ( not sure if they flew in there or if they decided to drive all the way from where they live outside of Phoenix, AZ) if they ask if we want to go down for the day it is going to be of course.

more pictures

6Mg9C88.jpg

12 year old showing her Netherland Dwarf

nNfLMQ6.jpg

1B44uaq.jpg

9 year old modeling the dress that 12 year old made while 12 year old keeps her from running off the stage.

9PqaP8U.jpg

9 year old in her ready to wear outfit

ndqmMDj.jpg

12 year old in her ready to wear modeling her needlework ( knitted on a loom)

lsPtrfU.jpg

12 year old receiving her award for ready to wear

zcI7189.jpg

12 year old handing an ice cream cone to a customer

hhlNNGf.jpg

9 year old's edible art butterfly brownie

Made it through this week at the fair. Kicking myself for forgetting to put my pedometer on my shoe the last 2 days because I ended up walking a ton. DH ended up with a 10.5 hour on the clock shift last night ( Friday) and got home about 4 am. We had to be down at the fairgrounds at 9 am for the livestock awards ceremony which met getting up no later then 8. He ended up resting on a hillside for a while and I took the girls around to the rides. 9 year old who a year ago freaked out on half the kiddie rides has turned into a thrill ride junky. She went on the bumper cars by herself. ( Not too good at steering or pushing the gas-luckily the other 2 girls went easy on her), went on Pharoah's Furry ( a swinging boat) with 12 year old. She loved it but it made 12 year old a bit sick. Back to the Bumper cars with 12 year old driving, the tilt a whirl, hang gliders, tornado, they did a couple of fun houses and the thunderbolt. By then 12 year old was done though 9 year old was trying to talk her into the scrambler. 12 year old got sick on that one a couple years ago and won't go on it again. We tried to talk 9 year old into a few of the more kiddie rides to no avail. Our next trip to Disney should be interesting considering I like the nice calm attractions like Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Figment, Seas with Nemo and Friends, and the like while I have a feeling that a certain girl of mine is going to be wanting to go on all the mountains, ToT, Rockin Roller Coaster, and well you get the picture.
We got home about 4 and crashed. No delivery as to the rest of my eclipse glasses order. I am going to be nice and wait until Monday to post a review on their facebook page considering that it was 9 am when the half I received was delivered so if it is at that time I will give them a higher star rating than if I only receive half my order. No way am I giving them 5 stars and right now I am leaning towards 2 if I don't get my order and a 3 if I do-mainly due to the lack of communication from the company and their posting on their page about how they have had to add more equipment and are working around the clock so people should not be upset that orders placed in July for some have not been received. Yet there were people who ordered Monday or Tuesday of last week who received their's by Thursday or Friday. Excuse me my order was placed on the 11th and half of it shipped on the 12th received on the 15th and people who ordered the 14th or 15th got their orders before me. This does not Sweetpeama a happy customer make.

Don't forget to get your results in for the week in the next couple of days. I will compile them sometime on Monday afternoon.

@sweetpeama thank you for sharing the pics of your girls at the fair - they are beautiful and you must be very proud of the all the hard work they have done (with your help).

REPORTING IN: 34.98%

It is the inactivity in my split goal that is hurting my results. I went shopping today to buy a new sports bra - so now spending $$ on that should help guilt me into using it! I meal planned this morning and shopped, whilst making dinner I made up 3 salads in the fridge ready to go for the next 3 days - I will just have to add the protein (turkey or chicken) and some dressing and go, I also have snacks planned as well. So I am all prepared for the week. Thursday & Friday I will be at a conference and food will be provided for lunch and snacks.

Weekend has gone by way too fast as usual - but will have a bit more of them back soon Hockey season is almost over. DS13s team won their first semi-final yesterday which take them straight through to final - so he gets next weekend off. DS16s team lost their first semi so they have to play again next weekend - they are on the top of the ladder and boy were there some disappointed boys - so fingers crossed they bring their best game next weekend.

Hope you all enjoy the last of your weekend - I am off to sleep now :-)

I told y'all I was keeping track of my steps on a spreadsheet? I am such a sloth on the weekends!!! It makes me laugh to see the difference between a work day and a Saturday. geesh I really need to get more motivated about that! Maybe in the fall when it's cooled down a bit.

Because I am in the eclipse's path of totality I went shopping many many days ago. Meals have been all planned out, but only through tomorrow night because after that DS heads off to college. I've been cooking his favorites and ones he asked for. There seems to be a lot of cheese involved! DH and I were just reminding him last night that he'll need to eat healthy while away. He agreed. He'll be on a meal plan. His room comes with a fridge so we offered a few ideas (again!) and found a solution to a texture problem he has with yogurt (vanilla flavor!).

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a good work week!

@sweetpeama

I meal planned this morning and shopped, whilst making dinner I made up 3 salads in the fridge ready to go for the next 3 days

Good job on meal prepping. I always have good intentions but am never successful.

I am in the eclipse's path of totality

Enjoy the eclipse! I think we're like 70-80% but it will still be cool. We're in the path of 2024.

Well the scale stayed the same but I had a few social things so I'm not surprised. But this weekend has been really good and that's the thing that usually sets be back from Friday weigh in so I'm hoping that gives me a good start.

But tomorrow is back to school and some of us moms are going to lunch at a burger and cheese fries place. I checked their menu and they've added salads since last time with their yummy grilled chicken on it. I'm sure it's not fabulous either but it's probably better than their burgers. My other option was their chicken sandwich and not eat the bun. They use shredded lettuce so I'd just cut it up w the chicken and eat it w the lettuce. I may actually do that to avoid the salad dressing and any potential calorie heavy stuff in the salad. I'm glad I'm thinking about this but I hate obsesssing but then again I'm putting in all these good days I get really upset when it backslides due to a bad meal. I know an occasional cheat meal is ok but we seem to have a lot of social things here and there And they add up!!

Question on a Fitbit. My DH said he'd get me one but I can't decide between the wrist style or like the clip on kind. An opinions??

@DisFam95 I have the FitBit One, which is the smaller, but more advanced clip on one. I love it because U don't want anyone to see that I am wearing an activity tracker on my wrist. I think all the ones on the wrist are also quite ugly. The only feature that would make me want one for the wrist would be the heart rate monitor.

Hi ho... I'm back. I did a quick read thru the posts to get caught up. Hope all those with aches and pains are feeling better.

@DisFam95 I wear the wrist style FitBit, and have the newer Alta version. I like it well enough, and do prefer the slimmer band, but I've been wondering if the pendant style has better longevity as I seem to have to replace mine every year and a half.

The week off was lovely, and really seemed to have been longer than a week as it was broken in to three sections... I came to work this morning wondering if I was in trouble for forgetting to come to work and taking extra time. The block printing class was wonderful... I hadn't even thought about how nice it was going to be to be in the company of others who were there to intentionally learn and create, but when I walked in I knew immediately that the room was full of members of my tribe. I've carved a couple little blocks on my own, and intend to keep practicing. I really wish I had had another day at the beach: there were just the right amount of people around but it was still nice and calming. The weather was perfection, with coolness in the mornings and then sun during the day. I accomplished very little once I got home, but hey, it was a vacation after all.

And now this morning we have the eclipse. Seattle is at about 92%... I didn't get glasses, as I am more interested in the overall shadow or darkening affect and I figure there will be lots on images of the actual eclipse to look at. NASA is sending up a plane that it will broadcast from, which should be interesting.

Didn't eat properly while on vacation, and didn't get in very many steps or drink enough water, but when meeting with the Nutritionist Thursday had a significant ah-ha realization that fatigue is the way my body signals hunger, and that when I get to the point of fatigue its really too late. I really do need to train myself to eat every three hours. And I need to train myself to keep to a routine, when I'm not forced to keep the work driven routine.

The office is nice and quiet, with many people on a trip to one of our facilities on the east coast... including my boss- woohoo.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hello everyone!! Looks like we had a slow start into the week. I was horribly tired yesterday as I only had 5 hours of sleep (due to my own stupidity, was reading until 2am). But I managed to do a workout form the 30 Day Shred DVD thanks to @dolewhipdreams inspiring me! I think I will do this three times a week, run three times a week and have one true rest day. Should be a good exercise program!

The weekend in Berlin was not as good eatingwise as I hoped. But we moved a lot, so hopefully the damage was not too bad. Of course the scale is up thee pounds from Friday... Did I mention how much the scale hates me?? However, the body fat content went way down. I am taking this as a good sign... It is actually at nearly the lowest point it ever was this year (I got the new scale for Christmas).

Today have been one crazy day already. It is the kids first day of school and my daughters birthday. They went to extended care this morning and after I got to work i remembered I forgot to tell the kids what bus they were on for the afternoon. Mom fail this morning. My daughter also forgot her lunch so i had to run home to get it. This afternoon will be dinner out (my daughter gets to pick) and then we will have cake. This week is quickly getting away from me. I am not sure what days I will been able to work out.

I want to know who shared because I have the most awful sore throat and 12 year old keeps telling me I look like hell and to take a nap when she isn't telling me to get go to sleep. Found this interesting article today http://www.extracrispy.com/culture/...l&utm_campaign=well-done&utm_content=20170819

Do you vary your breakfast or do you have the same thing every day

I hope you feel better!

I mostly eat toast every morning at work. It is something that I can grab quickly and make at work. At home I usually make pancakes or waffles because the kids want them. We will also have eggs every once in a while. But I really hate breakfast foods. I am trying to get better though with trying new foods.

QOTD: I do vary my breakfasts, well, I'm back in the habit of going to Starbucks every morning during the week so that doesn't vary, but I do try to get different things when I'm there. On the weekends I most often skip breakfast, which is its own kind of problem.

WOOHOO Wednesday:
First, the only thing on my calendar today is my brow waxing appointment at lunchtime, so double woohoo in that I don't have any meetings and I'm finally getting my unruly hairy brows taken care of.

Second woohoo, I think the tree in front of my house is responding to the water bag I put on it. The leaves are still turning, but it does look less stressed... hopefully I can keep it alive.

Then, the eclipse Monday was really pretty cool... I keep thinking about it and about going to Texas for the next one in seven years, heck, I may be living in Texas by then. We were 92% totality, which turned out to not be dark at all but the quality of the light changed in a way that is hard to describe... it got richer. Plus it was fun to look out over the city and see people gathering on roof tops, street corners etc.

Then the 60 day mark for FP+ during my November trip is coming up in a couple weeks, and best of all I'm not booking them as one of the gals in the group is doing everyone. I'm not sure I want to do everything with everyone, but I said to go ahead and include me in the group, just to make it easy, and I'll change what I want to change later.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I'm travelling this week so checking the boards is more sporadic than usual!

QOTD: I usually have the same thing for breakfast for a week at a time, then I switch it up every week. Like one week I'll have English muffins, the next I'll do overnight oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, etc.

Hmmm I guess my woohoo is that I am committed to finding time to squeeze my workouts in on this business trip! I hate hate HATE working out in the morning. It usually takes me about two hours to become all the way functional and working out when I'm at like 15% is really tough. But this week that's the only time that works between the review that I'm here for and all the company dinners (and don't get me started on the company dinners. I pretty much said goodbye to my WW points being on track this week. Trying to stick with working out to at least have that going for me.).

@piglet1979 I'm glad the school year started off well for your family!
@Oneanne FP day is one of my favorite days in the Disney planning schedule :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!