Get Ready for a Western Adventure-August 2017 Wish Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Today has been a rest and recovery day from the weekend. My legs are so swollen I am over my scale limit since Friday. Didn't weigh over the weekend to save some time in the mornings. Phone is being funky so will end this until can be on computer after a long soak.

Enjoy that soak - that swelling will be affecting your weigh in - so maybe wait a few days until it gets back to normal. Hope you enjoyed your time at the fair :-)

Good news is that my knee is no longer hurting. It still feels a little off, but there is no pain. I think I will brave a short run tomorrow morning and see how it goes. The walking obviously has not hurt as I had 15.000 steps yesterday. I can also climb up and down stairs without problem again. But I will be mindful about doing my stretching exercises and I will keep up the knee strengthening exercises that my doc gave me a leaflet for (he thinks I am prone for a different type of knee issue because of my foot issues).

The scale hated me today and was up 0.7 kg. That is more than a pound. At lest the body fat content went down, so I guess it is due to some bloating. Eating is still going well. I have been tracking for over a week now again and I really don't understand why I fell out of it for a month...

For my weekly update: I'm down 4 lbs out of 5 and I'm PUMPED! I think the 30 Day Shred is actually helping! I've never lost weight this quickly before, but more importantly I feel myself getting stronger. So that's 80% for weight loss. Speaking of 30 Day Shred, I had to sit out of yesterday's workout. After doing the workout on Saturday my back felt out of funk (seems like a bad weekend for a lot of us!) and I didn't want to make it worse, so I'm at 12/14 (86%) days on my exercise goal.

I really should go back to the 30 Day Shred again. I really liked it the first time I did it. I think taking a day off here and there is actually good for you. The programm is a bit too dense in its exercise and you need the rest now and then.

Hey Everyone! I'm back from a wonderful week at Disney and so happy to report that I didn't gain!!! I definitely had some indulgences but when presented with healthier options, I would do that sometimes as well rather than treat the whole week like a free for all. I think that really kept me on track. One downside though -- I did come back with a cold :( So I am not feeling up to jumping right back on the workout band wagon as I had planned. But hopefully, in a few days I will be ready to go again.

Sorry for the cold, but you did well on vacation!! That is such a great acchievement!

Today has been a rest and recovery day from the weekend. My legs are so swollen I am over my scale limit since Friday. Didn't weigh over the weekend to save some time in the mornings. Phone is being funky so will end this until can be on computer after a long soak.

Hope you got some rest and will feel better soon!

The trouble I noticed yesterday is that I am really entrenched in being drawn to takeout as a first option when I don't take lunch with me and it is also influenced by the convenience - so I was in an areas where I could have dropped into the supermarket and grabbed a few healthy snack options (e.g. turkey, cheese/crackers, banana - which I have done previously), a subway nearby (but it is awkward to get to and parking is a nightmare) and I opted for drive thru KFC! Now I will say I think I was also influenced emotionally - I had been up since about 4.30am getting the twins ready for camp with them dropped at school by 6am - so by lunchtime (with no morning snacks on me) I was starving! and thinking about the kids hoping all was going well with their camp arrival.

Don't beat yourself up about a bad choice on a day that was not an easy day. But what might help with situations like this is to have plans for healthy lunches ready. Maybe even draw up a little sheet with your different locations and good options for lunch in the neighborhood. Put that in your car. I find that the difference between a plan in my head and a plan on paper is that it is easier to throw out the one in your head than the paper that kind of haunts you if you don' follow it.

I really should go back to the 30 Day Shred again. I really liked it the first time I did it. I think taking a day off here and there is actually good for you. The programm is a bit too dense in its exercise and you need the rest now and then.
I'm loving it! It's kicking my butt in the best way. But yes, I was surprised when I saw that there were absolutely no rest days, especially since some of the strength moves are fairly high intensity and I've always been taught that you need a day in between strength training to let your muscles rest. But so far it's been going great.

Don't beat yourself up about a bad choice on a day that was not an easy day. But what might help with situations like this is to have plans for healthy lunches ready. Maybe even draw up a little sheet with your different locations and good options for lunch in the neighborhood. Put that in your car. I find that the difference between a plan in my head and a plan on paper is that it is easier to throw out the one in your head than the paper that kind of haunts you if you don' follow it.
This is an awesome idea! I have a web page bookmarked on my phone that has some good WW meals at different fast food chains but it would be more helpful to have one specific to me, my location, and my taste.

Well I think I am officially sidelined for a bit. I have been resting but not as much as I should. I still got like 8500 steps yesterday. My leg was feeling better earlier today. Still sore but better. While sitting at my desk I started to rub the back of my thigh by the back of my knee. I touched one spot (back of my thigh right above my knee in the middle) that sent a horrible shooting pain. Enough to put me in tears right away. It even hurt really bad to walk. I took some advil so it is feeling a bit better. I am going to give it a few days and see what happens before I head to the DR.

I am just so frustrated with it. I was doing so good getting in about 12,000 steps a day. I just got back on track and now this. I am still tacking my food and trying to at least maintain until this is better. I just don't want to gain from having to sit on my butt for a few days.

Some people do things from an internal drive, others let external things rule the day and still others leave things to chance. Regarding your goals this month what is your motivation and why.

Don't beat yourself up about a bad choice on a day that was not an easy day. But what might help with situations like this is to have plans for healthy lunches ready.

Maybe even draw up a little sheet with your different locations and good options for lunch in the neighborhood. Put that in your car. I find that the difference between a plan in my head and a plan on paper is that it is easier to throw out the one in your head than the paper that kind of haunts you if you don' follow it.

Love this idea - thank you :-)

Well I think I am officially sidelined for a bit. I have been resting but not as much as I should. I still got like 8500 steps yesterday. My leg was feeling better earlier today. Still sore but better. While sitting at my desk I started to rub the back of my thigh by the back of my knee. I touched one spot (back of my thigh right above my knee in the middle) that sent a horrible shooting pain. Enough to put me in tears right away. It even hurt really bad to walk. I took some advil so it is feeling a bit better. I am going to give it a few days and see what happens before I head to the DR.

I am just so frustrated with it. I was doing so good getting in about 12,000 steps a day. I just got back on track and now this. I am still tacking my food and trying to at least maintain until this is better. I just don't want to gain from having to sit on my butt for a few days.

Sorry to hear your leg is hurting so much - rest is important to avoid further injury and then you will back to it sooner also - but I understand your frustration - I wonder if there are some purely upper body exercises you could do as an alternative - even strengthening ones.

Some people do things from an internal drive, others let external things rule the day and still others leave things to chance. Regarding your goals this month what is your motivation and why.

I tend to let external things rule my day too much and leave things to chance way too often. My motivation this month is to try and change some of those things by meal planning and not resorting to takeout so frequently when those external things happen. I am driven by internal and external forces - a desire to make better choices and being limited by my budget as I really need to pay down debt - so I can hopefully one day afford another DL/USA holiday!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My kids are home safely from camp :D DS13 said it was the best school camp so far and he really enjoyed it - DD13 said it was the best camp food so far and that camp in general was OK. On another off topic note - I had a really good productive day at work today and now that I am in the other office (even without rearranging it yet) - I am noticing that my mood has improved quite a bit - amazing what a little space of your own can do. On topic - yesterday I did the 15 minutes of walking around the hockey field while DS16 trained as planned.

I am a planner and I do not like when things get derailed. We do plan or foods and I plan the days I will workout. My motivation this month was the little bit I have gained. I have a cruise in a year and I really would like to be at my goal weight. It is doable. I only have to lose 2 pounds a month. My other motivation is that some clothes are not fitting right. I am not buying new clothes.

Sorry to hear your leg is hurting so much - rest is important to avoid further injury and then you will back to it sooner also - but I understand your frustration - I wonder if there are some purely upper body exercises you could do as an alternative - even strengthening ones.

I should look for some. Maybe some weights. I am doing better today. I am at least walking normal. Still some pain but more of I need to stretch it kind of pain. I am hoping by next week I will be much better.

This month my motivation is a mix of both internal and external. The reason I added the 30 Day Shred is because I leave for WDW on Aug 31 (#15days!!) and I plan on taking a lot of photos and by golly I want to look good in those photos. The more internal side of things is wanting to feel stronger and more fit. My weight loss isn't just about looking good, but being a healthier me and along with being in a healthy weight zone is having an appropriate level of fitness. Both of those help keep me going, especially on days when it's a struggle to pop that DVD in- I have the immediate result of seeing my (hopefully) stellar vacation photos and the long term result of being in better shape!

It's WooHoo Wednesday What are you celebrating

0aBfLl7.jpg

I am off to the fair for a few hours. Girls have Edible Arts, Demonstration, Working Ice Cream Booth, and possibly Performing Arts all between 1 and 5. At least it is all in one big room. Yesterday was awards ceremony for the non livestock an in one hour down there I walked most of my 1742 steps yesterday.

Took this photo Sunday night as we were leaving-this is one of a spring 2017 fawn.

My woohoo is that I've been consistent in doing my workouts and keeping on track with WW. Today was my weigh in day and I didn't lose at all this past week which was upsetting at first. Especially since on Monday I was down 3 lbs from last Wednesday (which makes no sense to me but whatever). So when I got back on the scale today and it was back up those three pounds I was super bummed! But I had to have a pep talk with myself to remind myself that I am doing what I'm supposed to be doing and I will see the results in the long run, even if one week it doesn't show.

There is light at the end of the week tunnel and it's not a train.

Hang in there :-) you are doing a wonderful job engaging your girls in the community and making memories.

My Woohoos:

• We had a family day of rest/relaxation today to help twins recover from camp - we had a lazy morning, then as no-one has told mother nature it is supposed to be winter and the time of year when we usually get a cold wind blowing - it was a balmy 31degrees or 87.8 for my US friends - so we headed to have lunch at a café overlooking the bluer than blue ocean, walked along the beach - the water was a little chilly, climbed on the rocks looking in the tide pools, saw some crabs scuttling about, and ended with a Ben and Jerry's hot fudge sundae - only the one with 4 spoons to share!
  • I made a step on my healthy journey this morning - headed back to the Drs - blood pressure checked - it is up slightly - I have new referrals to the dietician and exercise physiologist. I weighed myself on my evil scales before I left and then the Dr weighed me - I was 2kg lighter on her scales - so I am going with that weight! I need to go back to her in 2 months so she can monitor my blood pressure and weight loss progress.

Wahoo Wed: I went to the dental hygienist today and now have squeaky clean teeth. In a wahoo for my youngest, he said he was feeling like a shirt that was tight 1.5 years ago when he got it is now looser. He's on some meds where weight gain is a side effect. He's finally at a good point where he is working out and looks like seeing results! Wahoo!!!!

QOTD: My motivation is just to be healthier. Well, I'd like to lose that middle age tummy that suddenly appeared a few years ago! And it'd be nice to be at a healthier BMI, but meh, whatever. I find that logging my food is really keeping me more on track than I thought it would. I don't like seeing those red numbers telling me I went over calories for the day! Yesterday was a disaster, but I logged it, reviewed my little spreadsheet and saw that on the whole I was still under and moved on. It was nice not to let one bad day derail me for a longer period of time--sooooo easy to do.

I'm glad everybody's injuries are getting better. It's a crummy/frustrating feeling. So is having a bad day on the scale. Remember, it's just a number and as long as you're following your plan, there's nothing to stress about.

Apparently I am stressed because I can't sleep! I have to get up in less than six hours and already I am dreading it. I hope I don't forget tomorrow that I'm tired, not hungry!

Hope everybody has a good, on track day!

My woohoo is that my leg is doing better. I did do some walking yesterday but still only like 6,000. If they rain stops early enough tonight I am going to try and get 10,000. My hope is by next week I can get back to the rec and walk on the treadmill for an hour a night.

My woohoo is that my leg is doing better. I did do some walking yesterday but still only like 6,000. If they rain stops early enough tonight I am going to try and get 10,000. My hope is by next week I can get back to the rec and walk on the treadmill for an hour a night.

So happy to hear this! Do you do any stretching routine or similar at all? This might be helpful to prevent injury in the future. I am really bad about keeping up with stretching. I even have a foam roller and I know it is great for me, but I find it so hard to keep up. However, this might be really helpful for a quick recovery for you.

So happy to hear this! Do you do any stretching routine or similar at all? This might be helpful to prevent injury in the future. I am really bad about keeping up with stretching. I even have a foam roller and I know it is great for me, but I find it so hard to keep up. However, this might be really helpful for a quick recovery for you.

I don't. I need to. I hated doing them as a kid and would always try to get out of them. Well I am not young anymore and i really need to them now.

Belated woohoo Wednesday: I did manage to go to the gym last night which made me feel good about myself. Also I'm not sure if it's the rest I've been getting or what, but the scale is being SUPER nice to me right now! I saw the lowest I've seen in 3 years this morning! This is a bit ironic as I have been researching WW and thinking about joining again (but going to the meetings too this time) to get me to a healthy BMI. The scale has been stuck for so long, I was thinking I needed extra help to get there. I wonder if my stubborn body just said NOPE we don't like counting things-- we will get it together! :rotfl: I still am looking into it though. "Healthy" is 12 lbs away, which I think I could do on my own, but I think would go a lot faster with WW.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

Some pictures from this past week at the fair.

lFYUBoD.jpg

12 year old's colored pencil drawing

wytoAiY.jpg

12 year old's ceramic she entered in the open crafts

Tua3nGw.jpg

12 year old's water color art

I got in 2288 steps yesterday. Today was up early trying to get a hold of the company I ordered some nice plastic sun glasses style eclipse glasses from that I have only received half of my order ( ordered 2 sets of 2 last Friday night, got the confirmation email. Was supposed to get one when it was shipped. Tuesday morning FedEx showed up with a box containing 1 set. There was a deliver by 4:30 pm on that day notice on it for that day so I figured that the other half would be coming later. Seeing as we didn't need to be down to the fairgrounds until 6:30 we didn't leave until 5:45 so even if they were running late if it was sent at the same time it should have been delivered. I have sent emails a message via facebook an attempted to call. The toll free number I get the mail box is full message and for the area code number it either rings until I get a there is no answer try back later or a busy signal. No luck getting a hold of the company to find the status of my the remaining part of my order) running over to Sam's club hoping that we could get a couple of pairs just in case. The group selling them were supposed to have them on sale at 1:30. I dropped 12 year old off at the line about 5 minutes prior and the line was already about 30-40 people. Some had lined up as early as 11:30. While I was parking and walking up to join 12 year old they ran out as they only had 100 with no limit on the number that you could get. When I was talking wiZth my mom regarding the weekend I asked her what level of welding googles and shields my dad had. She told me we can combine a couple of them to get the level we need and then asked if I got the text message that my aunt who is driving up with my uncle from AZ and is currently in Jackson Hole, WY wanted to know if we wanted some. Nope you didn't send that message but I told her what was going on so she is going to have my aunt pick up the last 2 pairs that we need. They will be the paper ones not the nice plastic ones but at least I have some coming for back up coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!