George Lucas’ Biggest ‘Star Wars’ Mistakes

I think the barebones plot was ok but the story itself sucked. The Jedi look stupid throughout most of the movie, given the Sith Lord is right under their nose. The "conflict" anakin had could've been much deeper; the Jedi were corrupt and stuck in their ways, and the sith were obviously power hungry, but more open to ideas than the Jedi. There's an article somewhere about the internets on this, about how the prequels could've been a lot deeper and riveting, but George told a crap story with crap dialogue

Yes, yes, yes!!

The Jedi thing was what doomed them. They are a group of clairvoyant space wizards...and they are so blatantly outsmarted at every turn...that was an amazing slap in the face with a wet fish to all the fans in favor of cgi simplicity for 5 year olds. It didn't need to be that way.

The bad guy is in the room doing brain storming sessions...everyday...and they can't even get a whiff?

Luke knew when Vader went into the men's room halfway across the galaxy...I mean...come on.

The ewoks were losing pretty badly until chewie took over the at-st. They had some surprise successes at the start (guerilla warfare can work) but if they didn't have that at-st they would have been wiped out.

Plus they did have a squad or two of rebels helping out.

I always thought the empire didn't have that many troops on the ground.

They had cutbacks in staff in an effort to make quarterly earnings. They tied to replace them with a college program but ...

Wait, wrong empire

Not to mention some of the acting

And editing (or lack there of ... I still think if you piece together all the good parts there is a solid single movie to be made from the prequel trilogy

Me...and about a billion fans worldwide...agree to disagree

They had cutbacks in staff in an effort to make quarterly earnings. They tied to replace them with a college program but ...

Wait, wrong empire
"My college program on the Death Star was a life changing experience. Being able to experience the thrill of galactic dominance and slaughtering rebels is something I'll cherish for the rest of my life"

"My college program on the Death Star was a life changing experience. Being able to experience the thrill of galactic dominance and slaughtering rebels is something I'll cherish for the rest of my life"

I don't think they allow beer and chicks on the Death Star...
...and that would be an "issue" with the CPs

"But what I really took away was all the new life long friends I made!"

I'm the worst because I liked the third movie. And Darth Maul. They should have fleshed him out.

To me the saddest mistake is how Grievous was portrayed. I expected a lot more.

I'm unhappy to report that on Saturday my kids insisted on watching Episode II. It's still mostly unwatchable. Especially the pseudo love scenes between a teenage Annakin and what had to be a late 20s Padme. How did no one at Lucas Film tap George Lucas on the shoulder while reviewing the script for Episode I and point out that a love story between a 7 year old and a 16 year old just doesn't work. Even if you fast forward 10 years to a petulant Padawan and a supposedly worldly leader of the Galactic Senate...

The only good thing about Episode II is the Jedi are truly skilled. All that stuff that we dreamed Luke could really do, even though he never did it in Episode VI, come out. To the point of being a little silly at times like Annakin jumping out a speeder and falling about 200 stories before landing on the assassin's speeder, which is moving at plus or minus a few hundred miles an hour.

My daughter wanted to watch I and II, I loaded the prequel trilogy novel on her iPad and told her to read it first. Then we attempted Phantom Menace, she was done with it soon after it started.

The novelization of the prequel is actually pretty good, would be much better to those who's minds haven't been poisoned by the images of the movies.

I'm the worst because I liked the third movie. And Darth Maul. They should have fleshed him out.

To me the saddest mistake is how Grievous was portrayed. I expected a lot more.

They did in The Clone Wars (both) and Rebels (Maul). Quite a bit.

Clones Wars is an excellent cartoon series...far better than the movies. But the stench is too strong and I'd just as soon they never made any prequel materials. The feeling is all wrong.

George way underestimated how much of fan attachment was about the feel of the movies. And he went all crazy computer with the prequels and the feel was gone. And then of course the characters sucked...and then of course the plots sucked.

It's so bad people cling to the idea that Jar Jar is a double-secret Sith lord.

The universe is rich with potential in creative hands.

Clones Wars is an excellent cartoon series...far better than the movies. But the stench is too strong and I'd just as soon they never made any prequel materials. The feeling is all wrong.

George way underestimated how much of fan attachment was about the feel of the movies. And he went all crazy computer with the prequels and the feel was gone. And then of course the characters sucked...and then of course the plots sucked.
I've never watched clone wars but I've heard it gives some context to people who otherwise randomly popped up in the movies (dooku and grievous) Dooku's motivations for leaving the Jedi are actually interesting and should've been expounded upon in the movie. But instead we just heard Hayden christiansens opinion on sand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!