George Lucas’ Biggest ‘Star Wars’ Mistakes

Meh. Is this actually news or a rumor?

More like a discussion point on a slow day...
...I'll play...since those that think "news" happens with Disney on a daily basis are usually not quite accurate.

So George's biggest mistake was done around return of the Jedi: he let the "business" of Hollywood and the riches he was angling for get in the way of making good movies that were only about story...

Mistakes 2,3,4 and were released in theaters 1999, 2002, and 2005 -
Respectively.

I haven't read them all yet, but I disagree with the first one, the Ewoks. The whole point of it being the Ewoks is that the Emperor foresaw everything that was going to happen in the battle, but the Ewoks were so seemingly insignificant that he could no perceive the threat they would pose. Yes, the battle is a little implausible, but it still works for me.

I haven't read them all yet, but I disagree with the first one, the Ewoks. The whole point of it being the Ewoks is that the Emperor foresaw everything that was going to happen in the battle, but the Ewoks were so seemingly insignificant that he could no perceive the threat they would pose. Yes, the battle is a little implausible, but it still works for me.

I never thought of it that way...but it could play...

They needed more than arrows and slingshots though...that still sucks

I never thought of it that way...but it could play...

They needed more than arrows and slingshots though...that still sucks

The ewoks were losing pretty badly until chewie took over the at-st. They had some surprise successes at the start (guerilla warfare can work) but if they didn't have that at-st they would have been wiped out.

Plus they did have a squad or two of rebels helping out.

I always thought the empire didn't have that many troops on the ground.

The ewoks were losing pretty badly until chewie took over the at-st. They had some surprise successes at the start (guerilla warfare can work) but if they didn't have that at-st they would have been wiped out.

They were elsewhere doing "empire stuff"

They were elsewhere doing "empire stuff"

Very likely.

But they had pretty good security up top in space. They knew they were letting the rebels in (at least Vader and the empire knew) And they were overconfident. Probably didn't think they needed thousands of troops on the ground.

"An entire legion of my best troops awaits them"

A legion in the roman army was about 4500 men...if I recall.

I bet it was more than 100 either way.

There's no way to sugar coat the ewok battle.
It was just happy silliness (yes...even though one died) at the end of what was likely the last movie made. Those movies cost $75-100 million to make in 1980's dollars...George was never serious until bad computer graphics popped up.

And we see what happened there.

Selling Star Wars franchise to Disney. This is what has become of the most feared super villan of all time.....
maxresdefault.jpg

Very likely.

But they had pretty good security up top in space. They knew they were letting the rebels in (at least Vader and the empire knew) And they were overconfident. Probably didn't think they needed thousands of troops on the ground.

Woah...easy there, Captain Kirk...throttle down on the "reality", huh?

I'm unhappy to report that on Saturday my kids insisted on watching Episode II. It's still mostly unwatchable. Especially the pseudo love scenes between a teenage Annakin and what had to be a late 20s Padme. How did no one at Lucas Film tap George Lucas on the shoulder while reviewing the script for Episode I and point out that a love story between a 7 year old and a 16 year old just doesn't work. Even if you fast forward 10 years to a petulant Padawan and a supposedly worldly leader of the Galactic Senate...

The only good thing about Episode II is the Jedi are truly skilled. All that stuff that we dreamed Luke could really do, even though he never did it in Episode VI, come out. To the point of being a little silly at times like Annakin jumping out a speeder and falling about 200 stories before landing on the assassin's speeder, which is moving at plus or minus a few hundred miles an hour.

The "story" was fine...it was the script and directing which sucked.

Disagree...the problem started there.

Who is the evil Sith Lord?!??
...4 year olds have a harder time figuring out what's in cookie monster's jar than that "intrigue"

Who ordered the army?
Oh...some dead guy that went rogue that is NEVER explained. But hey...let's give it machine guns and turn our back to it without any background check...no probs.

The story was BAD from the start...pod racing..."yippeee!"...do I need to keep going?

"I love you...I deeply love you...

...even though I couldn't stand you 13 minutes ago...sucks we're gonna be fed to lizards before we can get acquainted, huh?"

I'd say don't get me started...but it already happened.

I'm unhappy to report that on Saturday my kids insisted on watching Episode II. It's still mostly unwatchable. Especially the pseudo love scenes between a teenage Annakin and what had to be a late 20s Padme. How did no one at Lucas Film tap George Lucas on the shoulder while reviewing the script for Episode I and point out that a love story between a 7 year old and a 16 year old just doesn't work. Even if you fast forward 10 years to a petulant Padawan and a supposedly worldly leader of the Galactic Senate...

The only good thing about Episode II is the Jedi are truly skilled. All that stuff that we dreamed Luke could really do, even though he never did it in Episode VI, come out. To the point of being a little silly at times like Annakin jumping out a speeder and falling about 200 stories before landing on the assassin's speeder, which is moving at plus or minus a few hundred miles an hour.

Watch the behind the scenes making of of those movies...it's amazing how much eye rolling goes behind Jorge's back. They ALL knew but were yes men.

There was a featurette on Portman running on the belt in the droid factory. Completely pointless...95% green screen...just silly.

The "story" was fine...it was the script and directing which sucked.
I think the barebones plot was ok but the story itself sucked. The Jedi look stupid throughout most of the movie, given the Sith Lord is right under their nose. The "conflict" anakin had could've been much deeper; the Jedi were corrupt and stuck in their ways, and the sith were obviously power hungry, but more open to ideas than the Jedi. There's an article somewhere about the internets on this, about how the prequels could've been a lot deeper and riveting, but George told a crap story with crap dialogue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!