George H.W. Bush hospitalized

I saw that earlier today. He is probably exhausted, both physically and emotionally from Barbara's death. I know that's not why he is in the hospital, but still he must be drained. I hope he pulls through, but after 73 years with someone, then losing that person, I wouldn't be surprised if he has no fight left in him. At least he seems to be surrounded by a very loving family.

:hug: Not "liking" the fact you've lost both your parents, but yes, I can think of three elderly couples off the top of my head where both spouses went in close succession.

As awful as it sounds I predict my parents will be the same way.

I feel so bad for President Bush. He and his wife clearly loved each other so very much. 73 years is a long lifetime of being married to each other.

My parents died within 6 months of each other.

Dad just didn't know what to do without Mom.

It is actually quite common.

We had neighbors who died within hours of each other. They were in their 80’s and the wife had been ailing for several years. The husband took care of her and was always puttering in his yard, hitting golf balls, taking walks and then he developed cancer. They ended up going to an assisted living facility and were there about a year. He passed first and she died the next day. They were lovely people. The wife would just call me out of the blue and tell me she was sitting by her window watching my children play in our yard and she so loved seeing the little ones or to tell me to tell my husband he was doing a good job on whatever project he was working on in the yard. The husband wrote incredibly kind letters to me—thanking us for some some small favor, explaining why they weren’t coming to the block party, etc., and then updates on them after they moved. I often think of them and miss them.

Best wishes for the outcome.

BFF lost her parents last fall.....2 weeks apart. Her Dad decided it was time to go after his wife died. They were also married for over 70 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter