George Floyd case - Officer arrested for Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jewish people suffered from at least two thousand years of slavery and extreme persecution and have fortunately done incredibly well for themselves. Maybe they can provide a model on overcoming adversity or have lessons to be learned.

What on Earth are you trying to say?

Not a joke at all. From biblical times they were persecuted and enslaved. After the Second World War there were still restrictions at Universities in the US that limited access to Jewish people. They weren’t allowed in many country clubs in the US (Groucho Marx has a famous skit about this). In spite of the anti semitism they have done incredibly well. I have no idea why you thought from the above that I was denying anti semitism. Since they are quite successful in spite of what they endured they should be a good model for success in spite of prejudice.
My mother was a Holocaust survivor. She experienced and witnessed many horrific things in her life. I have to say that not one day in her life was she depressed. I also have to acknowledge that both my parents, once in the U.S. did not have to compete with a sizable portion of the population for business opportunities, loans, employment, and home mortgages. They had a strong work ethic, but also privilege. Not for one moment in their lives here would there mere presence raise an eyebrow much less a call for the cops.

I do think that there's widespread undiagnosed depression within the African American community. It makes sense to me. I mean, here you are equating European Jews who escaped horrors, and that is not comparable to people who were the original Americans from before there even was a country.

So imagine a King who has two sons: one gets all the wealth & the other is enslaved from the start. He is subject to intense brutality. Then one day the second son is freed: "Go forth, my boy, and enjoy the fruits of your labor," Well the second son does not appreciate being brushed off like that. He is further brutalized by the townspeople for the next 150years. When he comes back to the King and doesn't behave as the King would like, the King points to laborers from another Kingdom who he employs: "why can't you be nice like these people. They don't ask for much. See how they work so hard?"

As long as you continue to think of your family as the hired help, you will continue to be frustrated.

The Jewish people suffered from at least two thousand years of slavery and extreme persecution and have fortunately done incredibly well for themselves. Maybe they can provide a model on overcoming adversity or have lessons to be learned.
You really don't see your apologist and revisionist prejudicial thinking, do you? No sense in writing a long post refuting your various inferred asssertions. I'll just say that I hope your children can unlearn what they grow up with and take pity on their teachers.

Another thread gone down hill. Peace out!
I have asked the mods to remove the totally irrelevant posts.

Failing that, I will start using my Ignore feature more liberally -- including to Ignore some posters I sometimes agree with.

Anyone who deliberately works to hijack anyone's thread for their own narrow, totally off-topic self-interests doesn't have much to say to me.

What on Earth are you trying to say?
I am trying to say that ANYONE in the US is able to overcome the adversities they are faced with to be successful. I don’t care if they are black
I have asked the mods to remove the totally irrelevant posts.

Failing that, I will start using my Ignore feature more liberally -- including to Ignore some posters I sometimes agree with.

Anyone who deliberately works to hijack anyone's thread for their own narrow, totally off-topic self-interests doesn't have much to say to me.
no more posts from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter