Geocaching at WDW

TandyR

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if there were any families here who geocached at WDW. Wondering if you had any good tips or favorate caches.
Thanks.

TandyR-

How cool, not only are we fellow Tandys we are fellow geocashers. My family loves to geocash. Never thought about it at WDW, but what a cool idea.

Since we live in Washington state and don't get to Florida often I doubt we'll have time on out upcoming trip, but sure wanted to let you know we have this in common too.

Go geo!

What the heck is geocashing? Sounds like a targeting device used by project 626 or a tag fairy.

The link ALostBoy posted is the offical Geocaching site and I know going to the site that there is Geocaches at Disney. So I was hoping there would be another Dis boarder who accually geocached at WDW.

Just had something on geocahing on yesterday.

"Curt Nickisch of South Dakota Public Radio reports from Sioux Falls on the growing popularity of a new type of scavenger hunt, using Global Positioning System satellites. Enthusiasts hide small caches of knick-knacks and post the GPS coordinates on the website geocaching.com. The game is outlawed in national parks, in order to protect archeological sites.

Type in geocaching in the search feature at www.npr.org and you can hear the whole story.

DH & I actually wondered about this recently but figured there would be no way to do it on WDW grounds. It seems as though a cache would be found by a CM and turned in to lost & found or something. It would be neat to do this there though!

On the Letterboxing site that I posted before, there are 3 boxes on Disney Property (Celebration, Caribbean Beach and Wilderness Lodge). Just click on their old site then click clues & the state you want, then the area (Orlando). You can also place your own boxes & post clues on the website. My family plans on placing one somewhere at Disney World next time we go.

There are Micro Caches at Disney in some of the parks. Micro caches are about the size of a mini M&M tube. So very small. If you go to http://www.geocaching.com/ and do a search on Disney or Epcot you will get a list of Geocaches around Disney some need park addmistion and some don't.

Tandy-thanks for the info. I didn't realize that there were already some micro there. We have done this lots in our area and have had a couple of small problems on private property (like an amusement park) so that is why I was thinking it was a no-no at WDW. Thanks again for the info and off I go to search...:)

Our family has been geocaching for about a year now. We're going in July. I've already have caches printed and ready to be found while we're at Disney and on the way home. We love to cache!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter