GCH Spa treatment....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Does anyone know what they charge for it? It says on their website that they do body massages. How long does it last? Any info you can give me on it will be appreciated!! :sunny:

I don't know the prices, but they have a full-service spa now...nails, facials, body treatments, etc. It's called Mandara spa and I know you can download a spa menu from the official GCH website...it's an Elemis spa.

DH & I has massages here on our Anniversary trip last month as a special treat. It was very expensive, I thought. A standard 50 minute massage was $120. Then, we found out as we were paying that there is an automataic 18% service fee added that is split among the staff. Any additional tip you want to leave your individual masseuse is in addition to that. We have AP's and I'd read that there was a 20% discount Mon - Thurs which is when we visited. I asked about the discount and was told no at first, and the guy at the desk even went and checked with his manager. He was having trouble ringing us up, and the manager came out to help and I asked again about the AP discount. She did say there was a 20% discount then, and finally got it applied.

We also had a slight problem where they took me away for my massage and my DH was left sitting there for 15-20 minutes with no-one coming for him. Then, when I was done 15-20 minutes before him, and just sitting there, no-one told me what had happened, so I was left wondering where he was. I let them know that we weren't happy with the way this was handled. This was at the same time they were asking if anyone had informed us of the 18% service charge, which of course they hadn't. Add to this the difficulty in getting the AP discount applied, and the extremely high prices (at least as far as I'm concerned), and we won't be returning.

But, it makes the $50 - $60 hour massage I can get back at home seem like such a much better deal, and maybe I'll treat myself more often here at home! :thumbsup2

I called down to see if they did just a feet massage. They don't. Apparently I could have had it as an add-on to a body massage or had a pedicure, which I didn't need. My feet just hurt so bad that all I could think of was having them rubbed! (DH wasn't offering!)

Just wanted you to know that we also recently had a bad experience at the spa. As a treat to my 17 yr old dd (we were on the trip celebrating her hs grad) & my dh's b-day, I booked a teen massage for her and a reg massage for him. At the time I booked they told me the afternoon of 6/26 was wide open. I wanted both of their massages to begin at the same time. I was told that her's would be shorter than his because it was a teen massage. They told me she could relax in the sauna when she was done and wait for him. When we arrived 15 mins prior as instructed they told us that dd was in fact 15 mins late as they had rescheduled her without telling us. When we asked why she was rescheduled they told us there was an emergency. They acted as if we should have known this without them letting us know. When I told them how unhappy I was, they got the manager for us. She told us that they would give each of them a massage for 1/2 the time and offer a discount. Even with the discount, this didn't seem worth it since dd's was only 30 mins to start. I told them I was told that there would be a different person working with each of them not just one for both like they were now trying to tell us. She again told us that there was some scheduling emergency. My dh told them that we weren't a mind reader and how were we supposed to know that they had changed our time and not informed us of it. We decided to just skip the whole thing. This was supposed to be a surprise splurge and it turned out to be a big dissapointment instead. Just wanted you to be warned that they seem to have some problems with scheduling. :confused3

I wonder what constitutes a spa/massage 'emergency'? "Mrs. Vanderbilt chipped a nail; get her to the Mandara Spa, stat!" :rotfl:

I think it's more likely that somebody overbooked a masseuse or perhaps they were shorthanded that day. Either way, this was handled very poorly, by not calling to ask if you could be rescheduled or would rather cancel, and then to have the gall to say your DD was late for her mysteriously rescheduled massage - Unbelievable! They not only frustrated you and disappointed DH and DD, but wasted your valuable time at the resort, such a shame.

I think you should inform someone in writing to let them know of your displeasure at how the situation was handled, and your disappointment in being unable to treat your DD and DH. I don't know who to contact, if there is a GM-type person in charge of the spa, or the GM of the GCH, or perhaps Guest Services of the resort? Disney is famous for trying to make things right with their guests, so give them the chance. Good luck! :sunny:

Thanks Alex2kMommy! I feel better already from reading your reply. I did think about contacting someone, but wasn't sure who. I think I will start will the GM of the GCA. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter