GCH Concierge club level

lwanthony

Music Man
So, we are going for a short trip in December and staying 2 nights in a villa on the DVC side. We decided to add a night and I booked us in a lowest level room in the hotel side. For my birthday my wife called and upgraded us to Club level. I know all about the lounge, but otherwise don't know what if any other perks there may be to staying club level.

I'd love to hear any tips or fun tricks you may have found when staying club level and the GCH!!!

Thanks DISers!

-Lane

The Veranda (lounge) is the main benefit of upgrading to Club Level.
You may check in with the Club Level Guest Services on the 6th floor just outside the Veranda, which opens at 6:30AM.

Ask about seating for parades or shows (Frozen), which Club Level Guest Services are sometimes able to arrange.

Don't be afraid to ask for beer/wine whenever you're in the lounge (not just the evening window). I learned this from a fellow Club visitor and have used that info ever since. If you have some ziplocs in your room, you can make bagel sandwiches for later from the breakfast offerings. Be gracious and appreciative of the servers! They're so nice and they like it when you notice. One server always remembered what I liked to drink and another would always fix my girls a very special cup of cocoa with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. Oh, the servers also told us we could pack snack items with us when we left for the airport! We had dried fruit and nuts, cheeses, crackers, grapes, and things like that. It was fantastic.

Sometimes the Club concierges can arrange for dining reservations that are otherwise booked up. I think they hold aside a certain number for guests, but it's not a certainty that you'd be able to book that way.

I’ve found the concierges useless for making or moving dining reservations fwiw. Make sure you get what you want dining wise before you arrive!

The servers inside the club are indeed GREAT! If you have any allergies let them know, they have allergy friendly items that are in the back.

Make sure to take some time to enjoy the club! The new club (as of last Xmas anyway) is a nice place to chill. Enjoy your evening appetizers & wine or beer, enjoy breakfast, and or take an afternoon break for their tea time offering.

I recently booked the GCH for June 9-15, 2018. I was very surprised at the rates for a premier view. The rate per night was $1,325. Is that because of the potential opening of Star Wars Land or is that just the normal summer mark up?

I recently booked the GCH for June 9-15, 2018. I was very surprised at the rates for a premier view. The rate per night was $1,325. Is that because of the potential opening of Star Wars Land or is that just the normal summer mark up?

OMG!!!!!!!! :eek::faint:

I’ve found the concierges useless for making or moving dining reservations fwiw. Make sure you get what you want dining wise before you arrive!
This is, sadly, my experience with the GCH concierges most of the time but there was one recent experience in which they were able to get a reservation for me and were actually really friendly for a change. In fact, last December I wasn't even staying concierge but a wonderful lady saw that my sister and I were having issues with our room assignment (it was supposed to be ready by 3 but was still not ready at 9:30 and we'd been told 3 times to come back in an hour). She stepped in to help, quickly managing to get us into a room. Later, we came back to the room and found a beautiful round wooden board filled with treats and a wonderful letter from her telling us to enjoy our stay. In all honesty, though, I generally have found the GCH concierges to be stuffy and snooty. In the past year or 2, that seems to have improved but I don't stay concierge too often anymore. Made a lot more financial sense when we were a family of 5 than for 2 of us.

That is a high price, but not much higher than current rates.

Nov 24: 1119
Dec 31: 1442 (holiday rate)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter