Gay Days 2013 - The Official Unofficial Thread ;)

chwgmjay

I think your giraffe is being towed.
It's that time of the year. Time to start thinking about NEXT YEAR!

MOST of the events are now being posted on our Facebook group.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Gay Days 2013
Thur. May 30th - Animal Kingdom
Fri. May 31st - Disney Hollywood Studios
Sat. June 1st - Magic Kingdom
Sun. June 2nd - Epcot

-=-=-=-=-=-

MEETS:

-=-
May 30th Animal Kingdom Day

+ 8:00 am Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House, DAK (No Boma this year)

+ 12:30 pm Festival of the Lion King

+ 2:00 pm Dawa Bar - Meet for drinks at Dawa bar at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

+ TBD Expedition Everest Meet

-=-
May 31st Disney Hollywood Studios Day

+ TBD Tower of Terror Meet

-=-
June 1st Magic Kingdom Day

+TBD Jungle Cruise Meet

+ 3:00 pm Parade - Meet on the steps at City Hall, Main Street USA, to watch the parade. As the end of the parade passes, join the crowd as we follow along behind it creating a sea of red! Bring your cameras, as it truly is a magical sight!

+ 4:00 pm (or immediately following the parade) Dis Dole Whip Meet - A fun and informal meet for a wonderful pineapple treat! Please retrieve your own Dole Whip (or any of the other yummy snacks available at Aloha Isle) and meet in the covered area to the left of Aloha Isle as you face it from the front. We will try to have a greeter near the lines to let people know where to go.

-=-
June 2nd Epcot Day

+ TBD Soarin' Meet

+ 12:00 pm @ Mexico Pavilion - Drink Around the World

-=-=-=-=-=-

The Gang:

I might go this year, looking for someone or a group to chill with in the parks.

Newly single Florida gal here! Never been, sounds like fun. Looking to make new friends.

Cindy

I wasn't planning to go - but a private gay tea dance at the Odyssey in Epcot might just sway me!

"Topping off an unstoppable One Magical Weekend...the weekend ending gala...Retro T at the world famous around the world at Epcot®, replete with beverages and trappings from a dozen countries, a private Retro T Dance from 5:00pm to 9:00pm at the Odyssey"

----
edited to add...
just booked a ticket! hope to meet some fun people that week :)

I'll be at WDW June 1 and 2.
The dress code is still red shirts?
Can I also wear my collection of Cruella DeVil jewelry?
Also: Is that also on of the "Star Wars Weekends?"

My gf, my kids and I will be there not sure which days yet tho. Definately will be there the 2nd. Never been before and excited about it. :goodvibes

This year will be my 2nd time attending - I loved the gay friendly experience in the Disney parks. I won't be staying in the host hotel, however. I'm coupled and in my 40s. Last time, my partner and I stayed in the host hotel and found the pool parties to be exhaustingly LOUD (until the wee hours of the morning), the parking situation ridiculously CROWDED by visitors to the hotel, and the people not-altogether friendly. I imagined hotel guests would have had a sense of community and SMILE when they pass you in the courtyard...maybe even say hello as they walk past. The host hotel experience wasn't horrible, but certainly NOT what we had in mind. We'll be staying at Disney's All-Star Music Resort this time - a mainstream value hotel. We're going for the gay-friendly theme park experience anyway, and not to party like a rockstar, lol.

We are planning to attend. Like the PP, we are also in our 40s and prefer staying on property - that's more our speed. We are staying at POR this year and counting the days!!!!!

Me and my partner just booked a trip for Gay Days 2013 yesterday. This will be my 3rd Gay Days and his 1st. We're staying May 29 through June 3 at POR. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Had a blast last year!

I'll be at WDW June 1 and 2.
The dress code is still red shirts?
Can I also wear my collection of Cruella DeVil jewelry?
Also: Is that also on of the "Star Wars Weekends?"

Great, and yes to all of your questions.

Me and my partner just booked a trip for Gay Days 2013 yesterday. This will be my 3rd Gay Days and his 1st. We're staying May 29 through June 3 at POR. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Had a blast last year!

I love POR and POFQ, so much so that I think I am changing my reservation from BWI to POFQ and saving like 3.5 billion dollars. More $$ for adult beverages.

Great, and yes to all of your questions.

I love POR and POFQ, so much so that I think I am changing my reservation from BWI to POFQ and saving like 3.5 billion dollars. More $$ for adult beverages.

I think you should stay at POR this year since there are a few of us here on the boards staying there for Gay Days! I'm staying in a Royal Room fit for a Princess! princess:

:woohoo:

I think you should stay at POR this year since there are a few of us here on the boards staying there for Gay Days! I'm staying in a Royal Room fit for a Princess! princess:

:woohoo:

The Princess Rooms!! That's so cool. I might switch to POR, I'm at BWI right now. I love POR, but I figured I can stumble back to BWI from Epcot and Atlantic Dance Hall very easily. We'll see what happens, I change my mind on a daily basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!