Gardening 2016

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! This forum has been very slow :( Hoping everyone had a great holiday season!
Anyone planting yet? It has been very dry here, and the weather has been weird so many of my plants did not survive. But, yesterday, I had really gotten back into my garden, and replanted some of my eggplants, and cherry tomato plants. Planted two sweet basil plants, and hoping to soon plant some sunflower seeds.

Hi PrincessNancy96, welcome!

Hopefully the snow will stop soon, and warmer planting weather will be in your near future. Do you think it will be snowing for you during Easter?

I was able to plant more sunflower seeds, and gladiola bulbs. I am running out of space to plant things, but hoping to get a few more things in. Maybe more bulbs?

It is very cold in both NJ and Ohio. We will be traveling to Ohio today. Yesterday I did buy some seeds, so I am thinking about gardening, but it is too early to do much. I will start some herbs in the house soon, though.

It's been too hot in Melbourne to plant anything significant!

But I did get some mulberries at Christmas.

And I got 3 baskets of cherries. They were great!

Plus handfuls of tomatoes and peppers from plants that I left in from last year. I tried to plant about 15 bean stalks. Only 2 survived and that's about as much as I got!

The poor lettuces have just wilted in the hot sun....or gone to seed.

I've got some zucchini going in the garden at the moment. They aren't doing so well in the heat either. :(

Last edited:
It is very cold in both NJ and Ohio. We will be traveling to Ohio today. Yesterday I did buy some seeds, so I am thinking about gardening, but it is too early to do much. I will start some herbs in the house soon, though.

Hope you made it safely to Ohio. What type of herbs are you planting?

Yum PIA, could I get some berries, and cherries!

We were away, so my garden needs to get a nice dose of water. I am now getting string beans, and cherry tomatoes. I didn't plant a variety of things this year, but instead, more of the same things in hope to get enough veggies for home, and to share with family, and friends.

Those are beautiful berries and cherries!

I will plant basil for sure. I have plenty of mint, peppermint and spearmint, I make tea from them, ice and hot. Usually the dill self seeds, but I will plant some just in case. My hubby and I like cucumber salad with dill.

Nice Bobbi! How do you make your cucumber salad? I used to have dill in my garden, but only used it once or twice. It came back like for two years, but has since disappeared.

We use some salt to drain much of the water from the cucumbers. Squeeze the water, and to taste, I add sour cream, white vinegar and chopped dill. Most of my friends of Polish heritage have some sort of version of a cucumber salad in their background. Some may add onion.

Sounds yummy, thank you for the recipe :)

We were away for two weeks-three different times but nothing died in my garden! My bush beans did not grow, so yesterday I planted peas. Hopefully those will grow, and we can use them in stir fry.

It's Easter here....and the weather has definitely cooled down. I'm hoping to get some winter crop in this year. Summer was a bust....it was just too dry.

Hi PIO! It has been dry here as well. Luckily, I was able to plant some things like my tomatoes, and water the plants regularly. My sunflowers will be blooming closer to summer, and looking forward to those. Happy Easter!!

Hi PIO! It has been dry here as well. Luckily, I was able to plant some things like my tomatoes, and water the plants regularly. My sunflowers will be blooming closer to summer, and looking forward to those. Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter to you too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!