• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GardenGrocer vs WeGoShop

Sunshineminnie

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Has anyone tried both services? Which do you prefer? How do they compare Price? Customer Service? Ease of Use?

Thanks!

I haven't used both, but I will post about my experience with GG.

Upsides:
  • It's very easy to use. Set up an account and add things to your favorites list, which you can use to refine your order. You can then send the items to your cart to see the total. This can be repeated many times
  • Delivery is free if you spend more than $200. Easy to do if you're there for a week and planning to have 2 meals a day in your cabin.
  • Everything is online and you can select items by type
  • You can make requests for items not on the list
  • They deliver at a scheduled time
Downside:
  • You can't update the order online. You must email and the changes are not reflected in your order, nor will you get an email with the 'new' shopping list
  • It's expensive. Really expensive. Some fruit items are only sold by the piece.
  • I had trouble contacted them via phone to tell them they sent incorrect items. I finally gave up.
  • They delivered BEFORE my scheduled time. It was put away in my cabin, but I don't have a clue who did it. I had a lot of raw meat & other perishables that would have ruined had the order been left at the front desk or with the bellmen. I suspect it was the bellmen who put it away.
  • For some items, they are limited in selection. There were only a few types of steaks and chicken.

We are going to try wegoshop this time. The owner seems very nice and is holding our date/time without having to place the order.
  • We can pick the store being used and can select items from that week's sale circular
  • We pay the amount on the reciept plus the delivery fee.
  • She described her service as personal shopping service rather than an online grocery. That means we can ask for other things to be purchased if we'd like
  • A downside to this is that we have to pay for delivery based upon the total of our order, which I imagine will come to around $20. I expect to make up for this in non-inflated food prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter