Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime?

We've always used GG. In 2016 we did a split stay that was 3 nights / 12 nights. I didn't want to lug everything I would need for 12 more nights to the new resort, so I ordered a couple of things with Amazon Prime Pantry for the 3 night stay and GG for the 12 nights. On Amazon, it gave me a date that it would be there, but it didn't show up the whole time we were there. About 2 days into the second resort stay, the package showed up in our room. So, Disney got it to us even though we had moved. I would hope the "Now" service is more timely.

Just tried to sign up for Safeway-Instacart, but said it was unavailable in the 32830 zip code which is the zip for Bay Lake. Don't know if Safeway has stopped delivering there.

You can do Safeway directly through Safeway.

Safeway will also innundate you with discounts if you create an account before you need to order ;-)

You can do Safeway directly through Safeway.

Safeway will also innundate you with discounts if you create an account before you need to order ;-)

Have you had any trouble signing into the safeway website? I've gone to the site, put in email and password...it goes to a page with groceries, I hit "add" on an item and it says I have to sign in. It goes back to sign page, put in info, back to page with groceries, hit "add" and it says I need to sign in.

Instacart , I don't understand. I thought someone shopped at real stores for your items. I chose to shop at Publix. I wanted a 24 pack of 12 oz diet pepsi cans. They are not on the list. I would think that's a pretty common item.

Last edited:
Have you had any trouble signing into the safeway website? I've gone to the site, put in email and password...it goes to a page with groceries, I hit "add" on an item and it says I have to sign in. It goes back to sign page, put in info, back to page with groceries, hit "add" and it says I need to sign in.

Instacart , I don't understand. I thought someone shopped at real stores for your items. I chose to shop at Publix. I wanted a 24 pack of 12 oz diet pepsi cans. They are not on the list. I would think that's a pretty common item.

Nope, no trouble! Maybe try clearing your chache in your browser, or try using the app?

I tried Amazon Prime Now in January and it worked well. I ordered the day before we arrived for a 2 hour window around the time I estimated we'd be checking in. I got the notification while in checking in and went to pick it up as we headed to our room. I was in the park the next day wishing I had some warmer clothes and on a whim I ordered a couple of items while on the bus back to the resort for my nap. When I woke up I had an order of warm clothes ready to wear to Rivers of Light that cold January evening!

I tried Amazon Prime Now in January and it worked well. I ordered the day before we arrived for a 2 hour window around the time I estimated we'd be checking in. I got the notification while in checking in and went to pick it up as we headed to our room. I was in the park the next day wishing I had some warmer clothes and on a whim I ordered a couple of items while on the bus back to the resort for my nap. When I woke up I had an order of warm clothes ready to wear to Rivers of Light that cold January evening!

We used prime now several times and loved it. Last trip, lost a little love. I didn't realized things went out of stock.

We had ordered cases of 24 packs of diet soda. The morning of the trip I go to ordered and they are gone. So I ordered other soda, it would be delivered in 4 hours. We went off to do whatever. It was delivered and I called for bell services to bring it up. Bell services brings stuff up and says "does this look familiar" (is was gallon bottles of water and a case of water bottles) . I say yes, .....good, because amazon doesn't put names on big things. The things in paper bags had our name, but items without a bag just had an amazon sticker on them. hmmmm, seems like an easy way for things to get lost.

While deciding which food service to use, I had a cart for amazon now.. every few days something is missing from the cart. I think it has gotten more popular, but their supply hasn't increased.

We used to use GG but in April we tried Amazon Prime Now for the first time. We ordered from our cruise ship as we were disembarking and the order was waiting for us at BLT before we got there. I thought that was awesome, and there was no delivery fee! The one glitch we had was that 5 out of our 12 eggs were broken but I didn't notice until 2 days after the delivery so I didn't call or try to get a replacement. And honestly, I don't know if they came that way or they were mishandled by bell services. I didn't even end up finishing all 7 eggs anyway, so no big deal.

I would definitely try APN again.

I saw instacart but you could also use shipt as well for grocery deliveries and alcohol, I work for shipt and have delivered quite few deliveres to different resorts.

We used Amazon Prime Now for our groceries during our trip this past week. I filled a cart with items starting 3-4 days before. Each day one or two items would "fall out" of the cart along with the message that they were no longer available. This was mildly annoying, but usually I was able to find a similar replacement item. Overall, we found the whole process to be quick and painless. I got a message that our order had arrived while we were out mini golfing, so when we returned I called Bell Services and they brought everything right up. They asked me if I had any refrigerated items and I told them yes, so I assume those were being kept cold in a fridge somewhere. Everything arrived in good shape, and the cold items were well packed in a special cold pack bag with an ice pack inside. Very pleased overall with the service, and especially the reasonable prices.

We used Amazon Prime Now for our groceries during our trip this past week. I filled a cart with items starting 3-4 days before. Each day one or two items would "fall out" of the cart along with the message that they were no longer available. This was mildly annoying, but usually I was able to find a similar replacement item. Overall, we found the whole process to be quick and painless. I got a message that our order had arrived while we were out mini golfing, so when we returned I called Bell Services and they brought everything right up. They asked me if I had any refrigerated items and I told them yes, so I assume those were being kept cold in a fridge somewhere. Everything arrived in good shape, and the cold items were well packed in a special cold pack bag with an ice pack inside. Very pleased overall with the service, and especially the reasonable prices.

I'm curious if your prime order came in separate bags? when we used prime now last year each individual item was in it's own separate bag.I have no idea why but it was annoying.

I'm curious if your prime order came in separate bags? when we used prime now last year each individual item was in it's own separate bag.I have no idea why but it was annoying.

Most bags had maybe 3 items in each. All the cold stuff was in one large insulated bag, which was then placed inside a paper Amazon bag. Only one item got a bag all on its own. Overall we ordered 21 items and I think we received 7 bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!