Garden Grill Breakfast Res: How early is too early to show up?

sarcasticblonde

DIS Veteran
Wanted to do the "early breakfast reservation at GG so we could get to Soarin before the Rope Drop crowd" thing. Earliest reservation I was able to snag was an 8:35am. While I will continue to look and see if I can snag an earlier time, was wondering how early we could show up and get seated? I had read elsewhere that you can get there as early as you want and get seated within a few minutes (more like first come, first serve as long as you have a reservation). Anyone?

Show up in the restaurant no later than 7:44. You can go in the same time as people who have 8 am reservstions and will be seated first come first serve. No problem. Keep the same reservation.

We had an 8:40am ADR in December. We were the second family in line at security waiting to be let in at 7:30. We were first family in to the land and at the hostess stand at GG at 8:01am and we were the first party seated that morning.

Why does it work like this? Is it not normal seating with reserved times?

Just curious.

We had an 8:40am ADR in December. We were the second family in line at security waiting to be let in at 7:30. We were first family in to the land and at the hostess stand at GG at 8:01am and we were the first party seated that morning.

We did this exact thing on Friday. Our ADR was for 8:25. We were the second family seated after getting through the gates. Out by 8:40 and rode Soaring twice before the crowds hit. They let everyone with dining reservations before 9 am in before the park opened.

Show up in the restaurant no later than 7:44. You can go in the same time as people who have 8 am reservstions and will be seated first come first serve. No problem. Keep the same reservation.
Really, that early for an 8:35 and they will let us in and get seated?? That’s awesome!

Hmm our experience was not as quick as the others. We had an 8:10am reservation in November. Arrived early to the park, and we were the second family to GG. They would NOT seat us before 8:10am, and waited for other families who arrived after us but had 8:05am reservations to sit before us. I was annoyed. We're fast eaters so we were still out by 8:45am and were the first group on Soarin'. I hope you get in early!

I plan for my party to get at the gate no later than 7:20 for our 8 a.m. reservation.

Hmm our experience was not as quick as the others. We had an 8:10am reservation in November. Arrived early to the park, and we were the second family to GG. They would NOT seat us before 8:10am, and waited for other families who arrived after us but had 8:05am reservations to sit before us. I was annoyed. We're fast eaters so we were still out by 8:45am and were the first group on Soarin'. I hope you get in early!
I actually think that is fair. If I have a reservation at 8:05 but folks with reservations for 8:35 get in before me, I would not like it very much. Now, if there is plenty of space and we all get seating, then I wouldn't mind at all, but if I have to wait because of it I would be upset. The restaurant seems pretty big so maybe seating everyone works for all and if that's the case then great for all of us!

I actually think that is fair. If I have a reservation at 8:05 but folks with reservations for 8:35 get in before me, I would not like it very much. Now, if there is plenty of space and we all get seating, then I wouldn't mind at all, but if I have to wait because of it I would be upset. The restaurant seems pretty big so maybe seating everyone works for all and if that's the case then great for all of us!

They don’t fully seat the restaurant in the first hour so there is plenty of seating and quick service in my experience

Why does it work like this? Is it not normal seating with reserved times?

Just curious.

At that hour the restaurants just want to get moving. They seat in the order of arrival, not necessarily in the order of ADR's. If you get there early you will be seated, and honestly since an ADR is really just a place holder like "call ahead" if you arrive early you aren't Bumping anyone. As the day progresses the restaurant's pace is set and the ADR's are followed. Early morning they want to get going and fill those seats.

They don’t fully seat the restaurant in the first hour so there is plenty of seating and quick service in my experience
That makes sense. I’ve only done PPO at GG once and didn’t notice how many were there. I think if there is plenty then that would explain why they seat everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter