Garden Grill Breakfast (2 part question)

I was thinking about this for our Christmas trip. Is there a chance they will open the park earlier than 9 on let's say Christmas Eve?

I was thinking about this for our Christmas trip. Is there a chance they will open the park earlier than 9 on let's say Christmas Eve?
I don't think I've ever heard of Epcot having a non-EMH 8 am opening. Only MK, and now AK.

That said, there's never guarantees with Disney. Make the ADR, and if the times change, you always have the choice of canceling. They won't change to an 8 am opening without out significant notice.

I did this for my January 2017 trip with my sister (we are both grown adults). Worth every penny to ride Soarin' before everyone else and save our FP+ for the Frozen ride. I thought the breakfast was delicious and so filling we were able to skip lunch and get by with a light dinner. The character interaction was great and I think the moving platform is unique (never seen any other restaurant in the world do this).

Our last two day trips (we live near the parks), we have done Soarin' at rope drop, then decided we were hungry. Was able to get ADR's for about 15minutes later at Garden Grill. We enjoy this breakfast (I'm not even a breakfast person). Simple food - yes- but hot and good. Someone mentioned the sticky bun was worth the price-IT IS! At least to us it is. I take along popcorn buckets (buy regular not refill to fill them), but both times I've had to use one for one leftover sticky bun. If you are an AP, there is a discount. No matter what you decide, I hope you have a great visit.

Garden Grill is one of our favourites. The character interaction is amazing (not a priority for you) and the food for breakfast is quite good. I like that it's not a buffet, but rather served family style so it's hotter and fresher. We have done an early ADR (last one we had was 8:10). I try to check in as early and close to 8:00 as possible so that we're one of the first tables sat and the meal and characters are pretty quick at that time. Last time we were done, seen all 4 characters a couple times and out by 8:45 and straight to Soarin', so that worked well for us. I'd recommend it.

We have an ADR for Garden Grill at 10am in a couple of weeks. Never have eaten there before, so we are excited to check it out. We are a party of four, all adults or adultish, and all of us are kids at heart. I wish I could have gotten a PPO ADR so we could do the Soarin' trick, but such is life. The plan as of now is to go ride Soarin' and LwtL at rope drop and then do breakfast.

I'm glad to read the glowing reports about great character interaction. It sounds like DW is going to love the sticky buns; sweet breakfast breads are a big treat for her.

WE had an 8am PPO ADR the first week of June. We were the first ones in the restaurant and were in line for Soarin by 8:45. Everyone enjoyed the food! After we got off Soarin, we headed to Test Track for the single rider line and all 7 of us were off Test Track within 10 min. I'm glad we hopped over to TT at the time because our FP for TT was at 3 and when we returned at 3, it had closed due to lightening in the area. This was to be our last ride of the day too.

We always do this. We love getting into Epcot early. We grab breakfast ( love the sticky bun :cool1:) with Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale they are hilarious!! But the best is getting out around 8:50am and get to Soarin some times twice and run over to TT and ride that then save our Fast Pass for Frozen. Can't wait we arrive in the World this Sunday and will be doing this the following Saturday at the Garden Grill on the 8th has become a tradition on our last park day to do this as Epcot is our favorite park.

I am working on our plans for our first Disney vacation. We have GG reservation at 8:10. I have a sensitive tummy and get motion sick easily. Do you think it would be a bad idea to head straight to Soarin' after eating a big breakfast? Does it ever make ppl motion sick sort of like an IMAX movie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter