Garden Grill Breakfast - 2 adults

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Spending the day in Epcot and wife wants to eat breakfast there also, DXDP, seems like the reviews are mixed as far as the food. Give me your thoughts, would you do it again, I know it is breakfast but man sometimes eggs can be terrible, thanks!

We had a PPO breakfast last April (pointing out that it was PPO as I think the restaurant may be busier during the regular breakfast window). The character interaction was great fun! Mickey was a very proud farmer and Chip 'n Dale played along delightfully with the questions I asked them. As for the food, the cinnamon roll was delish and I loved the fresh fruit. I also ate eggs and the potato thngs. DS11 was all about the breakfast meats and had no complaints. I was too full for the waffles with Nutella. Oh, most importantly, I enjoyed the coffee. It isn't a gourmet 5 star breakfast, but everyone left full and happy and we had fun.

I love that breakfast. It's the perfect mix of sweet and savory, and the house made salsas for the eggs were amazing.

Have done lunch and breakfast here and we much prefer lunch. We are two adults as well. Character interaction is wonderful but I found the breakfast boring and a super carb fest. LOTS of bread. Waffles and cinnamon buns and potatoes.
Eggs and bacon were typical Disney eggs and bacon so expect wimpy bacon and powdered scrambled eggs.
We thought lunch was a better value but that's OO. I'd call it one and done.
I'd rather walk over to Cape May and do their breakfast. WAY better food and great character interaction.

My boyfriend and I (30) loved Garden Grill. We also had a PPO reservation and found the restaurant not too crowded. Chip and Dale were some of the best characters we interacted with all trip, and the cinnamon bun was tasty. They also allow you to get as much as you want of any of the food, so while we didn't finish anything offered, we were able to get a refill on just the pineapple from the fruit salad. Coffee wasn't great, but that was my only complaint. It's great atmosphere if you like the retro Epcot feeling and good for hopping right onto Soarin', but honestly we liked it just to avoid waiting in a long line at rope drop.

If your focus is touring logistics, or meeting some characters without waiting in line, it's definitely a good bet. If you're looking for the best food but don't care whether it's in the park or not, you might consider dining at a resort.

I love the breakfast. I actually crave the cinnamon bun more than anything else from Disney. LOL The waffles, sausage etc... was about the same as other buffets. The bowl of fruit was good. We asked for a 2nd bowl with just berries in it since those were our favorite and they brought us just berries which were delicious. We are going again our next trip.

Sounds good, thanks for all of your thoughts, my wife loves these things and also Epcot is her fav park so looks like this is a no brainer, so Garden Grill here we come!

BTW snagged a 08:45 ADR, park opens at 9, hopefully not spend too much time here....

That’s awesome about the berries. I’m trying to watch what i eat so eggs, berries and meat. Do they have bacon? Lol

I love the breakfast. I actually crave the cinnamon bun more than anything else from Disney. LOL The waffles, sausage etc... was about the same as other buffets. The bowl of fruit was good. We asked for a 2nd bowl with just berries in it since those were our favorite and they brought us just berries which were delicious. We are going again our next trip.

Sounds good, thanks for all of your thoughts, my wife loves these things and also Epcot is her fav park so looks like this is a no brainer, so Garden Grill here we come!

BTW snagged a 08:45 ADR, park opens at 9, hopefully not spend too much time here....

If park opening remains 9:00, you can enter the park with the other PPO folks between 7:45 and 8 (a special line forms at the gate beginning 7:30 ish)....you might be seated well before 8:45. For a little insurance, you can keep trying for an earlier ADR.

If park opening remains 9:00, you can enter the park with the other PPO folks between 7:45 and 8 (a special line forms at the gate beginning 7:30 ish)....you might be seated well before 8:45. For a little insurance, you can keep trying for an earlier ADR.

For sure as when I started looking the earliest was 9:45AM and this one popped up, I have been able to book a few ADR's that were supposed to be difficult with consistently looking......That is what I am hoping for as I remember a few years back at Tusker house we were there 30 mins before they opened and we were let in with everyone who had early ADR's, and other were seated first but we did get in about 30 mins before the ADR.......thanks!

I love GG for the atmosphere. The way most tables are set up with high backs & with the curvature of the restaurant, its very quiet & much more intimate than other character breakfasts (most others I find frenetic). I love that it's AYCTE without being a buffet. You never have to leave your table for food, never split from your party, never stand in line for food, or have it run out, & you never risk missing a character while away from your table. It's quite serene.

We were a group of 7 adults and loved that meal. Teh food and service were wonderful and the character interaction stellar. A great way to begin an Epcot day

Loved it and would go back (it was just me and DH) It is nice to get some alone time with the characters (they came around twice while we ate) If you have any apprehension about buffets (I don’t but I know lots of people do) this is a nice way of getting to meet characters and avoid sharing food with people you don’t know.

We try to do a PPO breakfast there every trip and then go down to Soaring in the Stand By line. The place is small so we tend to see the characters twice and sometimes three times each. Its one of my favorites for a different reason. I am religious and Jewish so I do not eat anything on the same plate that the bacon is on. On our last 2 trips the waitress's have gone back to the kitchen and a few minutes later a separate plate og eggs/potatoes with no pork. Very nice of them.

We did the GG breakfast last month. Good food, including gluten free Mickey waffles for DW, and good character interaction. I like the breakfast at Cape May better for food quality and variety and for character interaction, but not having to go to buffet stations at GG has some attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!