Galaxy's Edge Ride or The Mountains to go to first?

kayleerae

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Disneyland in November and I either want to do the new Galaxy's Edge Ride or The Mountains first. Which one/ones should we go to first?

Will you only be visiting for one day or will you have more than one day? Will you have MP? How many in your group and what ages? Is everyone tall enough to ride MFSR and all the other fast rides? (When you say "the new Galaxy's Edge Ride," do you mean MFSR? ROTR won't open at DL until January 17, 2020.) Will you have park hoppers or only be visiting DL? Will you be at the parks for RD and stay until closing? The answers to these questions will help us give better answers to your questions.
For example, if you will have a 3+ day ticket with a MM, you can use that to take care of SM and Matterhorn, then go right to BTMRR after the park opens. MP can help you take care of Splash, as well as any other thrill rides like IJA, GOTG, IC, RSR, etc. (assuming you will have MP and park hoppers). The app can help you time your ride on MFSR -- just keep watching for whenever the ride has a wait time of less than 40 minutes or so, then jump in line. And don't forget to use the SR lines -- if everyone in your group is 7 or over, you can take advantage of SR for repeat rides.

Last edited:
Short answer, Not Falcon which only has a line at opening. Wait an hour after opening, you'll have a 30-40 minute well themed wait that moves quickly.

1. If this is a one time trip, or you don't go frequently, spring for Maxpass. Worth it.

2. You didn't mention it, but is Peter Pan on your must do list. If yes, go there first at rope drop, then to Space. If you don't care about Peter, go directly to Space and then to Matterhorn. If you don't have Maxpass, perhaps make a Star tours FP at the kiosks while going into Space. Then head to west side of park.

As Rabbit asked, how many days are you there? Are you park hopping? If just Disneyland follow above. If trying to do both parks in one day, Maxpass required and get Racers FP which is when you'll need to head over to other park.

Your best bet is to do Smugglers Run at the end of the night. After the evening shows I’ve seen the wait drop down to 25 min or less.

And if you're willing to do SR, your wait can go down to 15 minutes or less, depending on the standby line time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter