Gac?

Windy City Heather

DIS Veteran
I leave tomorrow with my mom, dh and dd (3). My mom is renting a scooter for the trip. My question is do I need to get her a GAC card. I think I should get her one but I just wanted to know what you think.

She has really bad knees. She owns champion show dogs and jokes that she has luxating patellas. I don't know what the human term is. She can walk but is in discomfort after about 50 feet. Ramps are out and stairs are somewhat do able (I think about 1 flight per day is her max). She also can't sit to long without her knees locking up.

I have planned the entire trip but left the disabilities portion up to her and she did nothing. :confused3

Windy City Heather said:
I leave tomorrow with my mom, dh and dd (3). My mom is renting a scooter for the trip. My question is do I need to get her a GAC card. I think I should get her one but I just wanted to know what you think.

She has really bad knees. She owns champion show dogs and jokes that she has luxating patellas. I don't know what the human term is. She can walk but is in discomfort after about 50 feet. Ramps are out and stairs are somewhat do able (I think about 1 flight per day is her max). She also can't sit to long without her knees locking up.

I have planned the entire trip but left the disabilities portion up to her and she did nothing. :confused3

If she does not need any special accomodations besdies the ECV then she does not need a GAC. They are meant for people with special needs beyond mobility. Most lines are mainstreamed, meaning the ECV will fit; those that are not are clearly marked. If you don't have one already, Guest Services at any park can give you the Guide for guests with disabilities- that will have more info for you. Have a great trip!

phillybeth said:
If she does not need any special accomodations besdies the ECV then she does not need a GAC. They are meant for people with special needs beyond mobility. Most lines are mainstreamed, meaning the ECV will fit; those that are not are clearly marked. If you don't have one already, Guest Services at any park can give you the Guide for guests with disabilities- that will have more info for you. Have a great trip!
::yes::
You can also find the Guidebook on line:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/Plain?id=PlainHomePage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter