GAC question

disfan07

DIS Veteran
I have never used a GAC before. Have never even needed to consider it. I did us a wheelchair once when I was 6 months post surgery but all of my other chronic illnesses are just dealt with using my own judgment and knowing my limitations.

However, I was just recently diagnosed with eosinophilic gastroenteritis. On my good days I am about 75% of my normal self and can tour normally. However, with this disease, for me, I have times where I need to find a bathroom immediately. There's really no telling when it could happen. I could feel perfectly fine one moment and then then next be nasueas and need a bathroom. Sometimes it happens right after eating and sometimes it can happen hours later. My food allergies definitely trigger flares and since I don't have complete control over my food in Disney that is a little more of a concern especially since I have some triggers we can't identify yet.

All of that long winded explanation leads me to this.....would there be any point of getting a GAC? I know I've read in the past about people with colitis, Chrons, etc getting them but I'm still not sure. Basically, the only reason I could even think we would need one would be if we have to leave the line for an emergency and come back later. Would that even be a possible accomodation?

I mean, we are planning this out as best as we can. We have been at least a dozen times before so we know how to tour but this is new for us. We plan on using fast passes and will really try to not get into long standby lines but sometimes things happen and sometimes a 30 minute line will be fine and sometimes it won't be. I also plan on stopping at the bathroom all the time just in case so I'm hoping I don't have issues but after spending 19 days in the hospital because of this, I've learned just how unpredictable it can be....no matter how much planning you do.

You can always go to guest services and explain your situation and see if they feel that a GAC would help you, but there is no GAC that will allow you to exit and reenter a line. Fastpass and good touring plan will help you greatly. Also, there have been others with conditions similar to your own who have reported that they told the CM at the ride why they had to leave the line ( telling them it is for a medical reason, not all the details) and then the CM was able to help them out for reentry. This is not something that you should count on tho, but it never hurts to ask.

You can always go to guest services and explain your situation and see if they feel that a GAC would help you, but there is no GAC that will allow you to exit and reenter a line. Fastpass and good touring plan will help you greatly. Also, there have been others with conditions similar to your own who have reported that they told the CM at the ride why they had to leave the line ( telling them it is for a medical reason, not all the details) and then the CM was able to help them out for reentry. This is not something that you should count on tho, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks. thast the exact information I was looking for. We'll probably just try to go with the flow and see what happens. Worse case scenario is that we miss a ride or two. Not the end of the world and we've been so many times before that we've seen eveyrthing we would like to see before so its okay if we miss something. I just want to be prepared for worst case scenario. If we're allowed back in line, great. If not we'll try again another time. But we will definitely plan for fastpass for our top things (soarin, TSMM, buzz lightyear, etc).

I'm so glad we just went in december. It makes me a little more relaxed about this trip as a whole and what we might have to miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter