GAC/Lanyard Question

marj70

Mouseketeer
I've heard the Passporter lanyard will fit the GAC. Will the GAC fit in the ones they sell at Disney? I'd rather have a smaller, more Disney one if it will fit. :confused3

I'm at work, so I can't measure it, but I believe they are about the size of a 3 by 5 inch index card.
I'm not sure, but I think the lanyards you can buy at Disney are sized to fit a park pass or Fastpass, which are closer to the size of a credit card.

Our last two have been the same size, 5 x 3.5. But me personally, I would not carry it on a lanyard, in view. Just my comfort zone, but I like to keep it put away, pulling it out only when we need it.

I keep mine on a lanyard but hidden in the pouch. Normally I stick the interpreter schedule in front so I can grab that easily. It will not fit in the Disney ones. Wish they would make on that size. Since I am semi-local I laminate mine so it doesn't get messed up.

I put my dd's GAC in a small baggy, but it still get's all messed up. S

HopperFan said:
But me personally, I would not carry it on a lanyard, in view. Just my comfort zone, but I like to keep it put away, pulling it out only when we need it.
That's my feeling too. We keep DD's in the front pocket of a small backpack/purse.

I keep my son's in our passporter lanyard, but the GAC is facing my shirt until we need to present it to a cm. Then I just flip the lanyard around, and we're all set.

I covered our with clear contact paper and did help a bit.

I had an approximate size before we left so I cut out a few pieces and put in my my checked in baggage along with little scissors.

clear contact paper, is that sort of like a laminate of some sort? What type of store would I buy that from?
Thank you

riu girl said:
clear contact paper, is that sort of like a laminate of some sort? What type of store would I buy that from?
Thank you
It's a roll of clear plastic with glue on one side so you can attach it to something and see right thru it.
You can find it in places like Target in the Housewares storage department.

Does anyone know where we get one at DL?CA?? Is it good at both parks? Does she need to bring a dr letter or anything? We never got one at the parks before-always just used the HC entrances/exits or the CMs instructions.

mariamard1 said:
Does anyone know where we get one at DL?CA?? Is it good at both parks? Does she need to bring a dr letter or anything? We never got one at the parks before-always just used the HC entrances/exits or the CMs instructions.
Look in the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this thread. WDW and DL use a similar process for Guest Assitance Cards. It's basically that you go to Guest Services and explain your needs. You don't need a doctor's letter, just to be able to explain your needs. If you have a wheelchair, in general you don't need a GAC. The lines that are handicapped accessible (Mainstream lines) don't need any special entrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter