GAC and Parades

TinkTatoo

<font color=peach>Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulde
Both my children have Autism and DD would love to see the parades but could not handle the crowds or a very long wait.

Is there somewhere we can view the parade from that is not too crowded (we will have a GAC)

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know of a place that meets all your needs. The only thing I can think of would be to go to the place where the parade starts in Frontierland. Then there would just be shubbery beside them, and when the parade is over, you can go through Carabean Plaza to avoid the crowds. However, someone would have to save your spot and wait for the parade to start. Mind you, if you watch from there, you will be the first to see the parade, so your wait won't be as long as if you had waited at the bottom of Main Street.

I don't know of an uncrowded place but their are handicapped seating areas that are set aside. You still need to be early and wait but perhaps one family member could wait and your child join at the end. Seating areas are at the end of teh parade in Town Square, at the Hub and across from Hall of the Presidents. They do fill up quickly but as I said if one person stays and the child joins later it might work. Yoou may have to explain the situation to the castmember there and will need to show the GAC.

If you are going when it's not busy, the handicapped viewing areas are a good spot, but when we've gone during busy times, they haven't worked out well for us. Because they get full, you may have to go there early to get a spot. You might be able to talk to the CM and explain your needs like Lisa suggested.
If you are going at a non-busy time, you might not have a lot of trouble finding a pretty good spot outside the handicapped area without a long wait. Certain areas (the train station end of Main Street and the hub area in front of the castle) will be busy, but finding a good spot someplace else might not be so bad.
One of the places we like is the porch of the building where Tony's Town Square Restaurant is. The whole porch used to be open, but they've turned most of it into an outdoor eating porch for Tony's. The end nearest the train station is still open though and there are several rocking chairs on that end of the porch. When we travel with Grandma and Grandpa, they sit in the chairs at the rail of the porch, starting about an hour before the parade. Most people looking for spots are looking to be right by the curb, but the porch works well for special needs since you can see well, but are not so close. Also no one can be right in front of you because of the rail and no one can get too close behind because of the rocking chairs.

Tink, the best place weve found, is in frontierland, which is roped off for wheelchair users(near where the ASL interpreters stand), it is alittle shaded, and also has a low wall that you can sit on, its not crowded, and if you speak to the CM you will have no problems slipping in last minute.

Jules

Great Jules - Thanks.

I have printed this off to take with me.

I know I said it before but have a great trip and be lucky ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter