FYI- National Car Rental No Show Policy

safetymom

dis veteran
Just be aware that National has a no show policy.

No-show
National Car Rental may charge a fee for vehicles that are reserved but not rented, if the reservation is not canceled within 24 hours of anticipated arrival.
No-show fees will be billed to the credit card given at the time of reservation.

I have Emerald Club, so they have my credit card # on file.

If you make a non-Emerald Club reservation, do they ask for a credit card # upfront? It's been awhile since I did one that way, they didn't used to.

I heard somewhere that the no-show fee is $50.

I thought that was standard with any rental car company. :confused:
Guess I've never been a no show, so never tested it out. ;) I have cancelled ressies, but never been a no show.

a lot of people make multiple car ressies at the same airport. looking for thebetter rate. and they usually do't cancel them when they finally decide what company they want to go with. I know that I myself have been guilty of that.

Hi,

I reserved a car online today from National and it did not ask for a credit card to hold the reservation.

I also made a reservation with National in Feb and they didn't ask for a credit card. I got to thinking about it so I went back on the site and checked existing reservations to make sure and it did come up for the dates and prices I had book it for, so I guess you give it to them when you get there.:rolleyes:

I'm emerald club.....Our last trip I had made up to 5 ressies and cancelled them....I thought...there was a problem with my best ressies so I called a rep to straighten it out she mentioned that I had 4 other ressies...I said I thought they were cancelled online..She said no but she would take care of it.....Fine by me....Well I went to check out at the Aisle and the lady said I had lots of ressies I stated that I had tried to cancel them many times...she didn't make any big deal about it except that she was having trouble finding the correct one...

If they charge for no shows I would have been in real big trouble....Glad I didn't get charged..

Just go to the National site and type in No Show. They have a page that deals with all sorts of things. Just because someone didn't get charged doesn't mean that they won't in the future.

If they don't ask for a CC when you make a reservation, you cannot be charged for a no-show. However, if you are an Emerald Club member, and make a reservation that way, they have your CC on file and could charge you for a no show. Last time I checked, Dollar didn't require a CC to make a ressie either. I always try to have a back up reservation when I am travelling because I have been burned once too many times. I know this isn't too popular here.... I think that if a rental car company will charge you for a no-show they also need to be held financially responsible if you get to the counter, and they either don't have the car you reserved or their agents try to pull some bait and switch, or some other foul play. This is, of course, just my opinion.

Welcome back Beverly Lynn!

I cancelled a ressie in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. I was told that in certain airports it is not a problem if you don't cancell. (the guy was surprised that I called to cancel) MCO is a different airport and they may charge a fee for no-shows, though. I did get his name incase there are any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter