FYI, DVC cost bases easily available.

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just got the proceeds from a sale of one of my DVC contracts and have sold two others and am awaiting paperwork. (Don't feel bad for me, I still have five contracts left!) I immediately wondered about my tax liability on capital gains so I call member services and was delighted to find that they had the necessary information at their fingertips for each of my contracts, that is, purchase date and price paid.

Some of you who, like me, have old timer's disease might enjoy reviewing that information even if you are not selling at this time.

I'd like to have that info too! My DH and I were just talking about this last night and wondered where we'd put that type of info. What area of member services would be able to answer these questions? Would it be accounting?

I never thought about capital gains either! I guess it makes sense that we'd have to pay that since it's considered property. Would you mind if I asked what the percentage fee is to sell contracts?

Yes, it was member accounting and the person who answered asked for the contract number. She did not even seem too interested in my member number but I am sure she could have looked it all up that way, too.

The Timeshare store charged 10% commission. They are doing a good job for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter