FW Trip Reports!

Hi! It was fun reading your trip report...and very strange because i was there with my husband and my kids from april 20 to april 29...and we did the same parks as you almost every day ! It bring back so many good memories and your pictures of the castle are beautiful!

Just got back and had a fantastic time!

Last year we didn't spend a whole lot of time at the Fort so this year that was a priority.
-DH and DD rented a SeaRaycer and rode around jumping the wakes of other boats while I got to sit on the beach and read by myself :cloud9:.
-We rented a canoe on our 3rd day. Tip: If you have experience with a canoe, don't bother renting for the full hour. They say it takes around that long to do the canal loop but we finished it in 27 minutes. The guy working the Bike Barn pushed us back out and we did it again. :lmao:
-DH and DD did the Archery Experience on Friday while I relaxed and took pictures.
-Of course there was also swimming and bike riding and all the other fun stuff to do there.

We got lucky and only got poured on once. We had just finished setting up our tent when it started. BTW, site 1518 is fantastic!

hmm...what else.

Animals seen on trip: ducks, ibis, heron, egret, bunnies, armadillo.

Overall, I can't wait to go back. :goodvibes

I love reading everyones trip reports for the Fort.....getting more excited about going the more I read...LOL

Our April trip report, includes Flower & Garden and Hollywood Studios 20th. We stayed in loop 700 site #706.

http://www.carol-anne.ca/2009 April Trip Report.htm

This was wonderful - thank you for sharing it. I'm going to make some notes of things you highlighted that we haven't seen in our two prior trips.

I realize now how many things it's easy to overlook when you spend too much time rushing to get somewhere and not enjoying the scenery.

We did enjoy the flower and garden show last year, by accident, waiting for our fast passes, we had a lot of down time so we really explored Epcot and the F&G show, and I enjoyed Epcot immensely!

86 days is counting down quickly!:)

Hey everyone. I've gotten started on my trip report to for our Labor Day trip to the Fort. It's here: trip report if you want to read along.

Leslie

It bring back so many good memories and your pictures of the castle are beautiful and I love reading everyones trip reports for the Fort too.

Well here goes. We were at the fort from 10/8 through 10/16. Site 1459. Really liked the site except the sewer was at the front of the trailer. The trailer is a 34 ft Gulfstream Innsbruck with a super slide. Pulled by a Ford Excursion. Left home (central Illinois) on the morning of the 6th and stayed the first night in Paducah Ky. My 7 yr old asked where we were when we finally set up if the people here spoke our language.:) My wife just laughed when I said to him, yeah with a little accent. Second night stay was in Cartersville Ga at the KOA. Nice stop over place for anyone interested. All pull through sites. Arrived at noon to the fort. Pre reg. so everything went very well. Site was ready. Nearly all of Little and Big Bear were full. It was Columbus weekend. That actual Columbus day(Monday) the fort started to clear out. On Tuesday it was at about half what it was on the weekend.

I was surprised at how quite it was even though we were near the pool and Meadows store.

First day was to relax. We went to downtown Disney and had Wolfgangs Express. Let me tell you, the food was very good. I had the half chicken and the wife had the chicken wrap. The boys each had a cheese pizza. We were so stuffed by the time we left and still took food home with us. That night we went to the marina to watch the fireworks and electric light parade. Finally got the kids to wind down around 1130. The 9th was our first day in the Magic Kingdom. People back home kept saying to wait until the kids were older before we went so they would remember it better. We have three boys 4 in Dec, 5 in Dec, and just turned 7 in July. The oldest two were there in 07. The look on my youngest sons face when we got to the park was pricless.The train was leaving the station as we walked up, and as soon as we entered the park Pluto and Daisey were there for pictures. I think it took about twenty minutes for his mouth to finally close. Then after the pictures we started up mainstreet. All he kept saying was this is Disney world. Over and over. He has seen the planning dvd about 100 times plus we have the travel channel speacials on our dvr.

Went to the Barnstormer to get everyone warmed up for the big rides. That thing is still fun for the adults. We put it up to a vote for the boys to stay and look at the houses and Donalds boat or go to Splash and BTMR. Off we went. Now my little one grew a lot this summer and we new he would be close for the 40 inch rule. His head just touched the bottom of the post. He jumped up and down yelling like he just won the Super Bowl. The oldest two liked Splash mountain but the youngest just belly laughed all the way around it. When the final drop came he actually raised up both arms. He wanted to go again as soon as we got off. We told him he had to wait because now it was time for the big person rollercoaster. He nearly dragged me all the way there. Once again he was just tall eanough and once again the celebration. By the way, he was measured nearly every time he went on the larger rides, sometimes more than once in line and he celebrated every time. That son of ours laughed all the way through BTMR. I dont think he knows any fear. The average wait times through the 9th 10th 11th and 12th were around 60 min. for the big rides. 13th 14th and 15th times were around 15 min.

Day two, Epcot. Food and Wine Fest. going. Crowded as one would expect but not as bad as nearly any day in July. The record heat we had made it feel like July though. Grabed fast passes for Sorin the went to see Nemo. Crush was awesome as always. Son wanted to try to talk to someone from Germany to learn some new words to share with his classmates. The young girl in the Christmas store wasnt very nice to him. She replied very shortly and with an attitude with each question he asked. Then said something in German to he young male friend and they both laughed. I must say that this in the only time ever we didnt feel welcome in any of the countires. Eat at the Biegarten. As always we eat way to much food. That place has never let us down. Went back to sorin and all of us loved it. When we watched some of the movies in the other countries later in the trip the boys kepts saying it was just like sorin. I recomend the kidcot stations for the younger kids. It made them feel like there was more for them to do.

Day three, Hollywood studios. We arrived a little before 10 am. At 10 08 the fast passes for the new buzz ride were gone fore the day. The wait time was 70 min. so we just got in line. Didnt figure it would get any better later. By the way, we are waiting for our photopass to come. We added some of our own pictures to it also. We pre bought the photopass so it was only $99. We eat at thr Prime Time. Just as last time it was very good. Our server was playfull but not anoying. Our oldest son was finally old enough to go on Rockin Rollercoaster. We waited about 45 min. for our ride. Just before the sound room a woman in a wheelchair came in the side entrance. As she went by she lost something from her lap. Without me saying anything my son ran over and picked it up for her. She just couldnt believe he had done it. Just before we got on the ride she told him to wait at the end so she could talk to him. She asked him what he thought of the ride and then thanked him again for helping her. As he was abouth to walk away she opened he wallet and handed him two fastpasses for 10 min away for the RRC. He and his mom rode it that time. As you can guess Im a proud dad.

Day four, Animal Kingdom. Now I must say upfront that this is my least favorite park. Ive seen enough animals to last me the rest of my life. I know I know, there is more than that there. The boys like the safari and of course the River rapids and for the oldest Everest. We all liked Bugs life. We were done early so we went back to the Magig Kingdom. Went to toontown to tour the houses drive on the racetrack and then headed back over to the old favs. The first day we rode al the old favs also but today the ride for Peter Pan was a little shorter. As can be expected everyone loved Pirates. We walked the shops a little more today. Cam home early tonight, around 6 pm to swim in the tottly incredable pool. The kids(myself included)love the water slide. That thing moves pretty good. They also loved the new water play area. Tues brings another day at the parks with no new details untin The MNSSHP.

MNSSHP. We were at the marina watching the lightening and listening to the claps of thunder for about 20 mins. When the boat arrived everyone was soaked. They couldnt believe we didnt even have any sprinkles at the fort. As we entered the Magig Kingdom the first parade was set to start in about 15 min. They came around and said the headless horseman wouldnt be out tonight due to slick surfaces. The parade was petty neat with lots of characters and mummies coming by. The boys each had a back for trick or treating and at the end of the night they had two backpacks full of candy. Now were not big on candy but we went there to trick or treat so when we got home two one gallon backs went to each grand parent to give out for Halloween. One bag for each boy also went to school for their parties. It was about 1 am when everyone wore out. When we got back to the marina there were lots of busses for people leaving the Hoop Dee Doo. After all the busses cleared out we were the only ones left. No yellow bus yet. A wonderfull CM came by on the streched cart. She told us to pile on and she gave us a ride to our trailer.In the morn we called Kenny and waited for no more busses.

Wed. was wifes *&** birthday. We made her wear her button all day. Even at Chef Mickeys. She gave me a dirty look when I told Mickey it was her birthday and he wanted a picture with her. After that the boys told everyone else so I still got the dirty looks. But I also got all the pictures:lmao:.

Thurs. We were in Epcot in the morning then Hollywood in the afternoon and evening. We had diner resies. for Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic show. This was the only day we were rained on and it started at around 4 pm. Of coures they kept saying the show was weather permitting so were figured they would cx it. It cleared up just before the show and it went on. It was our first time to see it and Im sad to say not even the kids were impressed. Yes the technical part was impressive but the plot moved a little slow. I cant belive Im saying this because I love Disney. My ringtone on my phone is the song Supercalifragulis.

Food- Were the meals 5 star? No, but they were standard resterant food. Some better than others but not dogfood or anything.
Whispering Canyon- overpriced and over rated food. We had the platter. Shakes we very good.
Mama Melrose- good but not great steak. We both had it.
Prime time- good food, fried chicken and pot roast.
Tonys Town Square- Ziti was good, chicken parm had no taste at all.
Beirgarten- good food, never had bad food there. diner overpriced, go for lunch.
Trails End diner and lunch. Diner much much better than lunch. More choices.
Chef Mickeys- same food as always. Not bad not great.
Wolfgangs fast service- fantastic. Half chicken, chicken wrap and boys had great chees pizzas. Best pizzas of the trip they said. I have to agree.
Counter srevice burgers were all pretty much the same.

Closing. We had so much fun we are planning our next trip.I cant think of staying anywhere but at the fort. Next time we want to plan it around a GG so we can meet as many fiends as possible. I now know why everyone loves the fort.
Meadows had some hitch covers($15) with the Fort on them and the tire covers($50). They cover a tire 31 inches across and 10 inches in depth. That is what the man at he post told me. He said they had a nice sized stack in the back.
Oh yeah. Watched a tree frog go under lip on the icemaker door and into the machine. Bought ice in the post after that. Dont know if all are like that.Saw many deer, no gators or otters(didnt have beer). Hope everyone has a great and safe time at the GG.

Great trip report... were you able to see the stunt show at Hollywood Studios? We thought that was really good.

Thank you. Didnt see the stunt show. When we remembered the show the one show time left was during one of our diner reservations. It will be on the top of our list next time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter