FW Seems to be EMPTY

Stork

Mouseketeer
Postponed our planned Sunday arrival 9/8 due to Dorian. Arrived yesterday 9/11 instead. No lines for check-in on arrival, able to swap assigned site for one we've previously camped in and prefer, no waiting at the golf cart stand, and we were the only guests on the bus to FW after visiting Hollywood Studios today. A very noticeable down turn in attendance due to the storm, and it appears to be continuing this week. Enjoyed the limited crowds but still too warm (hot) to enjoy for very long. Went to the FW pool...not crowded and enjoyable! Pinch me, Minnie, am I awake?

True.

Plus September is probably the slowest entire month when looked at on a calendar basis. That's reflected in the lowest rates of the year for that month. You might see more folks come in on the weekend, Stork, but for the locals (most of them) it's still too hot to go camping.

I watched the latest podcast yesterday and Pete was saying that the parks are not crowded at all.

Bama Ed

We just checked out yesterday from a cabin in the 2700 loop. The wife and i drove every loop on Tuesday and counted all the empty spots in every loop. The 2800 loop was least booked cabin loop with only 6. The 100 loop was 91% occupied. The entire fort was only 51% occupied.

On a side note it was totally awesome that this was all we had to do on a Tuesday and was possible our favorite thing we did on a five night stay.

Which podcast? I would like to listen.

It's the most recent WDW podcast on the DIS, Gino.

http://disunplugged.com/2019/09/10/dis-unplugged-podcast-091019-disney-world-show/

Note that in the episode description it says, ".... plus we’ll talk about the attendance slump at the parks! ". Pete's comments/commentary starts about the 51 minute mark. He wonders if the economy or recent price hikes are driving it.

Bama Ed

PS - they also comment earlier in the podcast about the newly announced (maybe at D23?) Disney Genie app to help plan your vacation. And the podcast folks said maybe 6 month ADR planning and 2 month FP planning and variable ticket pricing is making it almost too complicated to plan and enjoy your vacation. So coming out with an "app for that" sounds good but it may end up being just another hastle (Disney and IT, lol).

Last edited:

After a number of reservation modifications due to Dorian, we finally got a site on Thursday (5th), the day FW reopened after Dorian and yes it was empty. We were in the 600 loop and on Thursday there were only about 5/6 rv's in the entire 600 loop. As Stork mentioned, most of the time we were the only ones on the FW buses up to the Outpost. They combined the Purple and Orange bus routes., So only Yellow and Purple/Orange inner routes. The parks also had low attendance. The lower crowds in FW and parks were great ... just too Hot.

I never thought I'd see FW with so many empty sites. We left on Friday (13th) and by then FW had started to show more activity and less empty sites, but still not what I'd call back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter