• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FW...IS suffering from Cut Backs !

DVCDAVE

Just returned from 10 days at the world. We stayed at Willas at Wilderness lodge. We went over to FW several times during our stay. Once we went to the campfire, another for the Backyard BBQ, and several rides through with rented bikes. Everytime we stopped to use the rest rooms, they were filthy. It wasn't just one but all the ones we used (pioneer hall, trading post near the marina, and the comfort station behind the Chuck Wagon). Not one was cleaned to the usual WDW standards.

The bathroom next to Pioneer hall is really in need of a remodel. The black plastic bag duct taped over the out of order urinal is something you expect at the local Burger King, Definetly not WDW. I have notcied in the past that the bathrooms at FW arent the cleanest on WDW property, In February things seemed pretty ordinary though.

We just spent 13 nights in Feb. all was great, no complaints. The 900 and 1400 comfort stations are just remolded.

I certainly hope what I was encountering was the exception, and not the rule. The Pioneer Hall rest room was a disaster, it was the dirtiest of them all, the station at the Trading Post by the marina had water all over the floor, as if a urinal or toilet over flowed hours before. The station behind the Chuck Wagon looked like the floor hadn't been moped in days, all sorts of dirt, weeds and leaves on it.

DVCDave, that certainly is unusual for WDW and especially FW. The comfort stations are usually spotless. Lets hope it was just a bad week.

I'm curious about your experience at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. We have ressies for this summer. What was your impression? Did you enjoy it? How did the kids like it?

Thanks... Jeff

I thought it was very well done, and my boys (8 and 10) were really looking forward to it. So was I. But my boys just didn't seem to click with it. They brought their cowboy hats and wore their boots, even went to the dance floor to learn the steps. But, it was VERY crowded (over 400 people), and they just couldn't find enough room to dance. So, we left after the third song. I won't go back again. This year we had subsituted the BBQ for Hoop Dee Doo, and it was a mistake. Next year we will Hoop Dee Doo.

I too am sure that the conditions of FW was a bad week, as I have never seen it that bad. I hope I am wrong about the cutbacks affecting FW. But, I had to write about my rude surprise.

This is very unusual, and scary! :eek: I hope they were just short of help that week or something! That's one of the things that keeps us coming back to FW - they're usually so clean! If the comfort stations go downhill, they will start losing guests!

Could it be that college spring break time brings unusually high levels of mess? This is the first time I had heard complaints about FW on this list (I have never gone, but we are going in just one month), so maybe once all the spring break college students are gone, things will get back to normal again (I hope). :cool:

My hopes are with everyone on this, I don't want to see a family favorite ruined either. Let's hope something went wrong those days we visited, and everything goes back to normal. It wasn't just my eyes either, my wife and borther in law said the same thing too. We'll be back at VWL in November over Thanksgiving, and I'll hope and look for improvement. In the meantime, if anyone is going soon, kindly give us a report.

If you didn't already, be sure to send an email or a letter stating your disappointment with the cleanliness of the comfort station.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

tamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter