FW Comfort Stations

tankerdriver

Earning My Ears
My question is: Do you have to be staying at FW in order to use the comfort stations?

Background: I bought the family annual passes and would like to do some run training in the AM while the family enjoys the parks. If my annual pass magic band is able to unlock the comfort stations, I would be able to shower, meet them, and not be stinky in the park all day.

Thoughts, or ideas

Yes, they are programmed by the resort so the bands are only good for the individual resort you are in

the comfort stations only require a Fort magic band from midnight to 6am if I remember correctly so as long as you are not trying to enter prior to 6am you can just walk in. bring your own towel and soap as there are none provided. Only the washer/dryer room requires a Fort magic band 24 hrs per day.

Your best bet for getting mileage anywhere on Disney property is definitely the Fort, so I get your plan, especially if you're looking to do a long run. (I think if you do all of the loops you can get 7 or 8 and then out to the Wilderness Lodge and back should get another 4 or so if I'm not mistaken). I don't think anyone would notice or care that you use a shower, especially if you choose a full hook up loop (i.e. not 1500 or 2000). Logistics might be your issue, though, like parking (resort guests and dining reservations only) and stowing your shower gear and clean clothes. Or would you bus over? I suppose bell services would hold a backpack for you while you run.

KristenU, I was under the assumption that i could still park at FW main parking lot then start/finish my run there. My bag would be in the car and i could walk or take the bus to the comfort station.

@tankerdriver if you look on nov trip thread I posted my map of my 12 mile run going through all the loops. There was a little backtracking and you need to loop the parking lot.

I have lots of routes if you need any help.

KristenU, I was under the assumption that i could still park at FW main parking lot then start/finish my run there. My bag would be in the car and i could walk or take the bus to the comfort station.

Anyone know if they will hassle him at the entry gate? Now that I think about it, there would be people who come for pony rides or the campfire....but I don't know how strict they are. I know they are really strict over at the Boardwalk, we wanted to drive over for ice cream at Ample Hills and were turned away because we weren't resort guests nor had a dining reservation (but we were staying at the Fort at the time, so we were WDW resort guests). We ended up parking at DHS and walking over to earn our calories. Made me wonder how they expect people to come for the dueling piano bar and ESPN if they aren't bussing...Minnie vans I guess now, who knows.

Anyone know if they will hassle him at the entry gate? Now that I think about it, there would be people who come for pony rides or the campfire....but I don't know how strict they are.

Its been 3 years or so since we've done it, but i have never been turned away from parking at a hotel. I've gone to the poly a bunch just to watch Wishes from the beach. I just told the security that we were going to get dole whips (which we did). We did the same for the FW campfire and movie before. Did i just get lucky everytime?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter