FW booking question

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Ok so we'll be bringing the trailer from Feb 3-16. We have friends and family that will be visiting periodically during that time. I figured I will also be renting a cabin as well during that time as at some point we may have 6-7 people.How do I book fastpasses and such with different people coming at different dates?

bsjs0708,

For the people in the cabin (I'm assuming you're getting a campsite and will be doing the FP reservations), you need to use the "My Disney Experience" (MDE) feature called "Friends and Family". Go research that because it will allow you to do what you wish to do.

Basically,

1. Everyone has a presence in MDE.
2. You send an invitation to the people in MDE NOT on your campsite reservation (the cabin folks) to allow you to see their plans and make reservations for them (Dining, FP, etc.).
3. They accept your invitation in MDE.
4. Then they will appear in the list of people you can select when making FP reservations.

MDE has more details on the how-to's and in-what-order's so take a good look at that info over there.

Of course, it helps if the cabin folks already have a reservation for the cabin and their names are listed on that reservation so they also meet the 60 day requirement for FP.

We do this for my mom and dad when they stay over at AoA or Pop and we are at the Fort.

Bama Ed

PS - after your trip is over you can "uninvite" them because I still can see Mom and Dad in my F&F list. Nothing personal but join together to pull off this trip and then let go when it's over if you want to. The F&F feature remains in effect until you undo it.

PPS - btw, if you are making the cabin reservation, make sure you go into MDE and change the shipping address for the Magic Bands to your guests (or decline them) if they don't already have an MB because the default address if Disney ships MB for that reservation is to send them 30 days prior to arrival to the address of the person making the reservation.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bama_ed for the info...I think I was trying to make it more complicated than it needed to be....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter