Fun without going into the parks? Yes!

ThatGuyOnce

Earning My Ears
I accompanied DD down to Orlando on Sunday to get her settled into her CP. (Southwest Airlines, 2 free bags per passenger.) After checking into the (off-site) hotel, in the space of 5 hours we managed to:
  • have dinner at the Sanaa (AKL)
  • have Dole Whips at the Polynesian
  • see the Wishes fireworks from the monorail
  • watch Lady Gaga's halftime show on TV at the Contemporary
  • see the fireworks over Epcot from the bus
  • make it back to the hotel in time for the Patriots' comeback in the 4th.
On Monday she checked into her CP housing. After a day of shopping at Walmart & Publix, we had dinner at the California Grill and watched Wishes from the deck. I ducked into a store at Disney Springs to get a souvenir, drove DD to her apartment, and headed back to Palm Parkway for the night.

It is indeed possible to have a fun Disney experience without entering the parks.

I totally agree! I was in Orlando with my family once for a trip that was completely unrelated to Disney. But we couldn't stand being that close without experiencing some Disney magic! We managed to squeeze in time to visit Disney Springs, visit the Polynesian for a Dole Whip before taking a Wishes fireworks cruise from the Polynesian marina, ride the monorail to visit the Contemporary and then ride the Epcot loop. We also visited the Boardwalk area and had ice cream at Beaches and Cream. We had a great time!

I couldn't go to Orlando or on Disney property without going to Disney! I'd be sad. haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter