Fun & Free In Hollywood?

MrJT

Collector of Mickey Merch
Let me give a quick backstory: I was born in Southern California, spent the first half of my childhood in the LA area. The second half in Northern California. Been to LA area many times, Disneyland a few times. Left home and haven't lived on West Coast in almost 27 years. But in all my time in California, I have never been to Hollywood. Never seen the sign, never seen the Walk of Fame, etc.

In July, we're doing Disneyland for 3 days (Mon-Wed). The next day we're going to the Natural History Museum, because DS is a future paleontologist. We might meet up with friends who live in Riverside after. We might not. We fly out of LAX on Friday, but if we don't have plans later on Thursday, and get done at the museum, I would like to finally go to Hollywood.
At this point I will have already spent a fortune, so I don't want to spend much money. Just want to see what's free.
What is recommended? What can I accomplish?
Thanks

The free California Science Center is right next door to the Nat Hist Museum if you're interested in seeing the Space Shuttle Endeavor.

The Walk of Fame, Griffith Observatory, and Original Farmers Market/Grove are all free. And actually, the Hollywood Bowl is free to visit is you go midday. Technically you're not supposed to go up onto the stage but people do it all the time to take photos.

In one day you can visit Griffith Park Observatory, the Hollywood/Highland complex (park downstairs), and La Brea Tarpits, where you can see where they are excavating. You can also visit the Page Museum with artifacts, and though there is a small charge, I recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter