Ft Wilderness transportation & ECVs

Sarahraegraham

Mouseketeer
Hello :) We have an ADR at Trail's End and will then be wanting to head to MK. We will have 2 ECVs in our party. I have heard mixed things about the boats (one doesn't take ECVs, it's difficult to maneuver, etc.).

For those who are familiar with the options there, would you recommend we take the boat or take a bus?
And if we choose the bus option, from Trails End do we *have* to take an internal bus up to the front to catch a main bus, or are we able to "scoot" up to the front for a main bus?

Hello :) We have an ADR at Trail's End and will then be wanting to head to MK. We will have 2 ECVs in our party. I have heard mixed things about the boats (one doesn't take ECVs, it's difficult to maneuver, etc.).

For those who are familiar with the options there, would you recommend we take the boat or take a bus?
And if we choose the bus option, from Trails End do we *have* to take an internal bus up to the front to catch a main bus, or are we able to "scoot" up to the front for a main bus?
if boats are running there is no bus from Fort Wilderness to MK. I have taken the boat to MK it is tight but very doable. I have never run into the small boat from FW to MK. those small boats are on the resort loop from the same dock. I was not there but have heard about times when lake level is too low they can not get EVCs on boats but this does not happen often. you could scoot up to front bus depot but if any walkers with them it is about a mile walk so I would take any color internal bus there from near Trails End

The boat that travels between MK and Fort Wilderness is a big boat which has very easy access for ECV's. We have been to Trail's End many times we have only seen the big boat at the dock.

The boat that travels between Wilderness Lodge, the Contemporary and FW is a small boat which will not take an ECV. But the big boat will stop at one of those resorts if someone in a ECV needs to get to them.

The distance between the FW main bus stop and the Settlement stop, where the restaurants are located, is pretty far., maybe a mile or so There is a very nice paved path that the golf carts, bikes, and pedestrians use which an ECV could use if you wanted to try it.

I don't think that a bus is your best option since the boat dock is close to the restaurant and you would have to take two buses if you used buses.

The problem with two ECVs is that you will need to wait if there is one ECV before you since there are usually only two slots on the bus for ECVs. And if there is already an ECV on the bus from Wilderness Lodge (buses usually head there first), you need one more slot, so you either wait for the next bus or you split up onto two buses.

We have taken a bus from the Settlement Bus Stop to the Magic Kingdom after eating at Trails End for dinner. The boats were still running as well.

We have taken a bus from the Settlement Bus Stop to the Magic Kingdom after eating at Trails End for dinner. The boats were still running as well.
They run this bus during the dinner hours so that guests can get back to their resorts via the MK bus depot after Hoop Dee Doo, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter