Ft. Wilderness evening: are these plans possible?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
In late November, is the following plan possible:

- Edit: 4:00 HDDR
- Chip n Dale Campfire
- Movie
- Watch the MK fireworks from the beach

Last edited:
In November, is the following plan possible:

- Mickey's Backyard BBQ
- Chip n Dale Campfire
- Movie
- Watch the MK fireworks from the beach
The movie start time will be 740. Fireworks in November may be at 9 on some nights. So there may be some overlap there. The bbq is at 530 and the campfire lighting is at 630 with the sing a long at 7. I've never done the bbq so not sure how long it typically takes. Will you have a golf cart or use the busses to travel between? You won't have a lot of time to get from one spot to the next. I think you'd be rushing and not get to enjoy each activity. We did the campfire and then the fireworks last November. We had a golf cart and had time to loop back to the cabin and drive around a little bit before the fireworks.

You are cutting it close, mshanson3121. It depends on how long things run.

Like G719 said, the time for the campfire with Chip& Dale is 7pm in November, the movie at 740pm. Depending on how long it runs, it might be cutting it close to get to the beach at 9pm for the fireworks.

If the BBQ starts at 530pm, I don't know how long it runs to leave you time to get to the C&D singalong/campfire.

Bama Ed

Mickey's Backyard BBQ is about 1.5 hours so it would end close to same time as Chip and Dale starting. They are not close to each other, so you'd need to travel internally which I feel is gonna equal you being late for that event but probably in time for the movie.

The November fireworks can have some variation on times depending on Halloween party schedule (early November) and Christmas Party (2ND week on through). Movie length will of course vary and that schedule isn't out yet. Again, the movie and the beach are not close together and you'd need some internal travel time so it'll be very close.

As for the BBQ portion if you can get Cat 1 seating that gets you into the BBQ early and from what I understand a meet and greet with the characters before everyone else. It also allows you to start eating earlier the everyone else. Due to the fact that you would have already met the characters and gotten jump start on eating if you don't mind leaving a bit early you would probably be pretty close to the start time for the camp fire. You also don't have to wait for your check (no matter the category) as it's pre-paid so that will be a help. Again as others have posted it can all depend on your transportation. Having your own golf cart would greatly improve you chances as you can park almost right in front of the BBQ and maybe even be at the campfire before you even boarded a bus at the Settlement.

Last edited:
How about if we changed plans and went with the 4:00 HDDR. Would that then work?

That, in my opinion is a better meal and show. That would also give you plenty of time as I recall HDDR is about 2 hours.

Not sure if you have kids and if your looking for character meets for them. My daughters have always enjoyed HDR.

To me, it's a better fit, though more expensive. If you do book it, again my opinion, but cat 1 seating is not a must. Save the money if you like.

That, in my opinion is a better meal and show. That would also give you plenty of time as I recall HDDR is about 2 hours.

Not sure if you have kids and if your looking for character meets for them. My daughters have always enjoyed HDR.

To me, it's a better fit, though more expensive. If you do book it, again my opinion, but cat 1 seating is not a must. Save the money if you like.

Last time we bought Cat 2 and ended up with front row Cat 1 seats because it wasn't busy.

Last time we bought Cat 2 and ended up with front row Cat 1 seats because it wasn't busy.

Our cat2 seats were the middle table as soon as you walked in the door. Could see the show just fine and had easier access to restroom and the exit.

Our cat 2 seats were right by the piano. I booked it when our adrs opened at 180 days. A good tip I got for the hddr was don't worry about getting in line right away when the doors open because seats are assigned according to when you buy them. Buy early for good seats. I think we were the last ones in building but our seat was up front.

Our cat 2 seats were right by the piano. I booked it when our adrs opened at 180 days. A good tip I got for the hddr was don't worry about getting in line right away when the doors open because seats are assigned according to when you buy them. Buy early for good seats. I think we were the last ones in building but our seat was up front.

Yes, and no. Last time we were first in line and our kids were chosen to ring the dinner bell and lead inside.

Little things I know, but a forever memory for me.
G719 is correct, the tables are pre-assigned so book early.

I would disagree with this. They might be assigned, but if it's a low crowd, they seat first come, first serve, starting with the best seats. That's how we ended up in Category 1 seats even though we booked category 2.

Yes, and no. Last time we were first in line and our kids were chosen to ring the dinner bell and lead inside.

Little things I know, but a forever memory for me.
How fun!

I would disagree with this. They might be assigned, but if it's a low crowd, they seat first come, first serve, starting with the best seats. That's how we ended up in Category 1 seats even though we booked category 2.

Our experience was the people were mobbing the building and we hung back and let everyone push into the building. I knew from the dis that we'd get a good seat since we booked early. I just mentioned it for people who may be reading who have never been.

Our experience was the people were mobbing the building and we hung back and let everyone push into the building. I knew from the dis that we'd get a good seat since we booked early. I just mentioned it for people who may be reading who have never been.

True, if it's a busy day then I would agree with this. Likewise, I was I guess just mentioning what I did for the same reason. If it's not crowded, then it might be worthwhile being in line early, you could end up with better seats. That said, there's not really a bad seat in the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter