Ft. Wilderness Cabin vs. HIFS?

vellamint

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide which place would be better for my family of six.

I know ALOT about each place due to my constant research and now I think I need information from other larger families as to how comfortable each actual accommodation would be.

Thank you!

Sorry for two ?'s so close together but I really NEED to decide fast.

We just came back from a wonderful 10 day stay at FW. There are 6 of us as well.

Myself, DBF, DD 16, DD 11, DS 9, and DD 6

We found it roomy enough for us. It was wonderful having a full kitchen!!! It's nice to be able to re-heat the left overs :)

We put the kids in the bedroom, and we slept on the murphy bed. We found the murphy bed very comfy.

Feel free to ask more quesitons if needed!

We've stayed in the cabins with 6--3 adults and 3 kids ages 7-12--and it was great! Lots of room, loved the kitchen, the boat to the MK was great, and the atmosphere can't be beat! We love FW so much we bought a motorhome so we can stay more often!!

Thank you I am leaning toward the cabins more and more....

Can you tell me where the Bike/Cart rental place is in relation to where you check in?

Outpost is where you check in, Settlement is at the opposite end of the campground where you catch the boat to MK and bus to MGM, and the bike/cart rental is near Meadows Trading Post right in the middle. We took the bus to pick up our cart, but walked back when we dropped it off. Both took about the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter