Frustrated!

taximomfor4

<font color=purple>Needs a few Ricola drops<br><fo
I dealt with Special Services about our 2 connecting rooms for Easter Vacation about 2 weeks ago. They were nice and helpful, but I waited quite a while on hold to do that. Well, today I called to pay off one of my reservations (long story, but my 6 night stay is on 2 different ressie numbers.) First of all, the csr was pretty apparently annoyed...said "You know, your room money is not due till you come to the hotel." I said, "I know but I would like as much paid off in advance as possible...am I allowed to pay the room off now?" He replied "Yes, but why don't you just wait until you come." NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN....The csr said, as I already know, that they can do nothing for me, they have to take my payment info, put me on hold, and call Spec. Svcs to take the payment. (Took about 20 min). He came back to the phone finally, told me my credit card was rejected (shocking to me since I have 10x that amt in there right now). I said, can I run the # by you again to make sure its being put in correctly? He said, no, now you have to call your bank and then call us back. You know, I call the bank, listen to my balance, then talk to a CSR there. She checks all the records...THERE HAS BEEN NO CHARGE ATTEMPT AT ALL TODAY. So back to calling WDW again, having the new CSR there tell me the whole spiel about how they cannot do anything for me, my ressie is with Special Svcs now. I said "I KNOW, but I also know you take the payment info from me and put me on hold, etc. I tried this 1/2 hr ago." She then started telling me that I can just pay when I arrive. YES I KNOW. I finally just said, "Could you please call Spcl SVCS and let me talk to them." She did that. I felt bad, I was pretty angry by then. I told the SS CSr what happened the 1st time I called, she did not have the least sympathy, cut off my story. I bet she is having a busy day, and try to understand but its hard when I am getting annoyed, you know? So I took a deep breath and was polite. She took my payment. I asked what info they had, to double check since several CSRs today tried to say I was in other hotels and had different checkin dates on my ressie. And that I had a WC Accessible room. NOPE! Getting worrisome, lol. She proceeded to lecture me about how they cannot give out room #s because they might need to change it last minute, and disappoint me. HUH? I just wanted to know what special requests were made. I didn't want to take a wc room since we have no wc. I don't want to arrive on 3/27 and find out they have me booked on 3/29. I don't want to drive up to the ASMu and find out that they have me at PC, or the Contemporary. Those are the things I was told today. I didn't need the lecture, the first CSR should have checked my cc # a second time when it failed to go through the first time, Obviously there was nthing wrong with the cc since it went through perfectly the next time I called!!
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

Everyone, please excuse my whining. I am obviously getting stressed when the final planning steps are more aggravating than expected, lol.

Thanks if you read this far! I think its far easier to keep the ressies at the regular call center, and change to special services right before going...would avoid the hassle every time I call in. I have lost AP discount 2x already by calling in and waiting for SS to get the call. ARRGG!

Beth

:grouphug:
Do you have a written confirmation sheet with the correct information on it? That would ease my mind a little if I were you.
Also, here is the number for WDW Reservations that is listed in the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities:
407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670)
I don't know if it still does, but it used to get you to Special Reservations.

Good Luck and lots of pixie dust. :wizard:

Don't know about paying the bill early as I always prefer getting the interest myself rather than it go in the coffers of WDW. But I just wanted to say that you shouldn't be losing out on an AP rate while waiting to book.

Just book the room with an AP rate and then ask for the accomodations you need. I think I always explain it all right away but that is how it has always been handled. The first CM at DRC gets the reservation rolling and then I have usually been transferred to SS (although not when making a DVC reservation). By the same token, if the resort is sold out the first CM has told me that and I never even get to SS....until something opens up. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter