Frozen...why two versions of Let It Go?

First of all, two versions of the same song is nothing new for Disney.

Second, I prefer Demi's version and I get WHY Disney picked her. 1) Demi is a former Disney Channel star (Camp Rock, Sonny with a Chance). 2) Demi's personal life parallels Elsa's in several ways. As a teen Demi had problems with eating disorders and cutting, plus self esteem issues. But she overcame those problems and became a stronger person. "Let it Go" just fits her.

I'm thrilled to see Demi back in the Disney family. When Demi hit rock bottom with her problems, Disney had to let her go. I understand why they had to do it, but I'm also glad that they are giving her a second chance.

sailorstitch

First of all, two versions of the same song is nothing new for Disney.

Second, I prefer Demi's version and I get WHY Disney picked her. 1) Demi is a former Disney Channel star (Camp Rock, Sonny with a Chance). 2) Demi's personal life parallels Elsa's in several ways. As a teen Demi had problems with eating disorders and cutting, plus self esteem issues. But she overcame those problems and became a stronger person. "Let it Go" just fits her.

I'm thrilled to see Demi back in the Disney family. When Demi hit rock bottom with her problems, Disney had to let her go. I understand why they had to do it, but I'm also glad that they are giving her a second chance.

sailorstitch

I didn't know that about Demi until I heard the song writers talking about it on a video. It makes the song very powerful for her.

Great choice and I am glad she has it together and is back with Disney.

I didn't know that about Demi until I heard the song writers talking about it on a video. It makes the song very powerful for her.

Great choice and I am glad she has it together and is back with Disney.

Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see it.

Demi doesn't have the range, she's just not up to the range the entire song sung correctly would have taken.

Demi is awful.

It is certainly fine to like one over the other, but awful? :confused: That's overstating it a bit. She has a beautiful voice. They both do, but they do completely different styles of singing. That is why it was smart of Disney to do both.

Here is where Anderson-Lopez is quoted talking about it on Wikipedia. Go down to the part about Demi Lovato.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Go_(Disney_song)

Thanks!

Demi doesn't have the range, she's just not up to the range the entire song sung correctly would have taken.

Demi is awful.

That's fine if you don't like Demi. That's your right. But it does NOT give you the right to be so mean to her. She is NOT awful! As I stated before the song works for Demi because of her own personal struggles. Those struggles that she faced stemmed from one thing: she was bullied in school. Leave the poor girl alone!

sailorstitch

Demi lovatos version hasn't been a single where as idinas hasn't been outside the top 20 in over 6 months!

Actually Demi Lovato's version was the official singles release by Disney and it did very well, just not as good as Idina's once Disney released it in response to the YouTube furor.

Demi's version of Let it Go was on Billboard's Top 200 chart for 20 weeks. It peaked at 38 and was at 61 last week. A number of the popular covers of Let It Go have been of Demi's version. Idina's version reached number 5, has been on the charts for 30 weeks, and was at 22 last week. It is EXTREMELY unusual to have two versions of the same song so high on the charts together. That says something about how great the song is, too.

It is interesting to listen to both. I like the lyrics to Demi's version better. I also like Demi's voice, but the song just resonates in a musical with Idina's powerful voice. So both are great. I have both and listen to both, but Idina's is now everywhere on the radio! Adele Dazeem rocks! And Frozen is going to be considered one of Disney's greatest movies, if not the greatest, in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter