Frozen ride - what’s same day FP availability these days?

Scrappygrrl

Mouseketeer
Will be at Epcot next Monday, April 30. Been unsuccessful with getting advanced FP. Not planning to RD that morning if at all possible. Chances of getting FP for 2? Our third schedule FP ends at noon.

Actually my family and I walked on to it with a 20 min wait during Illuminations in December. I had given up on a FP for it because I've never been able to get one for my party. Not sure if that was a one-off or if others have had luck with the same thing?

Don't be worried if you can't get a FP. Last June and July we had only a 15-20 minute wait for FEA via the standby line - and that was in the middle of the afternoon around 2:00.

We were just at Epcot last Wednesday & again on Saturday. I did not try for more on Wednesday, but I tried on Saturday. Sorry, no amount of refreshing got Frozen to come up. Actually, none of the headliners were showing any fastpasses. I know it was a Saturday, but only the minor rides were coming up. I spent lots of time refreshing to no avail. FEA, Soarin, TT & MS all had no availability. And I was only trying for 2 people.

I don't know about "these days" but I was in WDW in October last year when it was MOBBED and we had no space in our schedule for rope drops or initial FP+, we checked on the bus from AK (and probably on the monorail from MK too) and we got Frozen easy, and Soarin a TON.....

There seem to be very different experiences on it. Some people seem to very easily be able to get headliners, others not at all, and some with a lot of persistence. I was trying to figure out what the main variable there is and can't. Person opinion is that there is something in the system that we aren't privy to. That said, I've seen FEA come up once or twice for a party of 1-2 in a lot of time refreshing. I have much better luck with TT and Soarin. It's definitely worth trying and worth being persistent to the extent that you're willing to be on your phone.

I just noticed one day last week the wait line was only around 40 minutes...and it was at 11:00 a.m.....perhaps the excitement is down finally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter