Frozen Musical starts in run in Denver this week.

Maybe some CO. area Dis-ers will post a review. I feel like this was destined to be a smash, at the same time DGDs have moved on to Moana. Maybe they'll be nostalgic for Frozen somewhere down the line. :)

The costumes look amazing! Kristoff's is my favorite! I will definitely add this to the list of Broadway shows that I want to see, but it will have to come after Anastasia.

Saw the show last night! Overall, a thumbs up! Lots of neat stagecraft going on for the parts where things get, ya know, frozen. The part I was most curious about is how they would do Olaf and Sven. No spoilers, let’s just say they borrowed heavily from the way they do The Lion King on stage. Fabulous! I think there are photos online of both, but I wanted to go in knowing nothing! The new songs did not seem anything special at all. You know everyone was just waiting around for Let It Go anyway (which was amazing)! (Really, the audience lost its mind!) With the exception of one new song that had us all rolling with laughter. Again, no spoilers, but I will say that Oaken sings it and if you are Danish you will love it! Or be offended by it – your choice!

The costumes were, of course, fantastic. But in the couple of scenes where everyone is dancing around in their ball gowns I felt like I was sitting on the Mickey Boat watching the evening show. But, it is a Disney production, so there is going to be dancing in fancy ball gowns. I get that it’s sometimes for the kids, not necessarily the adults. The talent and voices were certainly there – Broadway caliber all the way. Disney embraces non-traditional casting (yea!) which led a little girl behind me to exclaim, “Anna’s dad isn’t black!” Too funny.

The merchandise was adorable. I bought the Frozen logo ‘Made in Colorado’ magnet, as that was about all I could afford. They had a t-shirt that was a Colorado license plate with FRZN 5280 on it, and it said Arendelle instead of Colorado. I loved it, but I didn’t $40 love it. Ah well, when the show hits NYC the various t-shirts will cost at least $50! The show will have a good run on Broadway, no doubt, as there is already crazy demand for it. It’s not high art or anything, but both kids and adults will enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter