Frozen Food

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Has anyone ever packed frozen items and flown to the resort? Our friend said she packed a bunch of frozen foods and it was still frozen when she got to Hawaii. With Thanksgiving approaching, I was just wondering.

I know it sounds silly, but there are some things you can't buy at the store and it's a tradition thing...

Thanks!

Deb

so i was going to bring them even if they unfreeze they should still be ok in the fridge, just wondering how silly i will look to airport security, when they open a suitcase full of speggetio's and slim fast..

I was going to pack a few things in a small box...I think that falls under one suitcase. It would be embarrassing to have someone route through your frozen food :rotfl:

Deb

I freeze cheese, and bologna, and any other stuff I want in a particular brand.

and have fronzen a meatloaf, etc... and put it in a soft sided cooler, and carry onto the plane.

When I arrive, just either put in the fridge (if it's cheese, etc), or bake immediately.

But I fly from Chicago, so we're only talking 4 hours.

Hope it helps, Goldi

leanne11 said:
so i was going to bring them even if they unfreeze they should still be ok in the fridge, just wondering how silly i will look to airport security, when they open a suitcase full of speggetio's and slim fast..

When we were at BCV in October, the Marketplace did not have frozen preformed pancakes but did have frozen batter.

another tip.... if you arrive at the resort and your room is not ready now that we are approaching the holiday season , tell the bellservice that you have frozen items and they need to be put into a freezer.. Dsil bought a 5lb ice cream tub the night before we were to switch resorts and we told bellservice and when everything was transfered to the next resort , ice cream was still frozen :rotfl:

I work for the airlines and have seen EVERYTHING. You will not be the thought of as nuts trust me! Just go into it with an open mind that if it doesn't work out (thaws or bag delayed) it was worth the try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter