Frozen 2 Converse; A Savage Tale

Amunet

DIS Veteran
I needed to vent this and I believe this is the correct place.
Holiday wishlists are a thing with my family and has caught on with my fiance's parents. They enjoy knowing exactly what we would like and happily pick one or a few items on the list.
This year, I've been in love with two of the Frozen 2 Converse designs:
IMG_3499.jpgIMG_3500.jpg
The white pair would be awesome for my wedding shoes and the black pair is just adorable. These shoes got to 35% off during a cyber Monday deal and I shot an email to my fiancé's father telling him these will be on my list and it is a really good deal. That Friday, I sent the full list.
Come present time, they did give presents (Disney ribbon!) but absolutely nothing on my list and one thing from my fiancé's list.
We are so grateful for what we have received. But, I ask you, what was the point of asking for a list? I mean, I don't get that. I also found out there was no communication between my fiancé and his parents, which was weird. Of course, we don't believe in Santa but the magic of surprise is still there so we don't buy anything for ourselves that are on the list.
SO to the shoes. Okay, didn't get them, but now I can get them myself. Yeah. Nope. These shoes are limited, it seems, and are now completely sold out of my size. I know my fiancé would have gotten one of the pairs if told early on that his parents weren't going to. Eugh.

Today we went out in search of these shoes but didn't find them locally. Back online to see if other retailers have them. We did find the white ones but we decided not to get them since we are saving for a Disney trip next month (and the wedding is so far out, we can't book anything yet). Those black ones ... oh those are elusive for adult sizes. Other than converse.com there was ONE other online retailer (other than rip-off prices of eBay) that has them ... and I was going to make them mine.
The size was a half a size larger but, eh, got some after holiday sale Frozen socks and can stuff if need be. I created an account, input all the info, typed out my card, pressed 'Purchase' ... and then ....

IMG_3507.jpg
SOMEONE BOUGHT THE LAST PAIR SECONDS BEFORE ME!!!

Guys. I legit cried. Like, full on. That excitement and then crushing blow. Yeah.
... yeah.

So, that is where I am. Dreaming for a month, confused, slightly disappointed, determined, excited & accomplished, and then soul crushing despair. Of course, my fiancé has been on this ride with me but, I needed others to understand my pain, hardcore Disney fans that understand, you know?

Thanks for reading this far and letting me vent. I guess all I can do is hope more are released by converse or that eBay prices go down over time.
At the end of it, I am still lucky enough to be going on a Disney trip, which is more than many can say and we have a comfortable home that we can easily afford rent. Ultimately I am fortunate despite me not able to get the shoes. Still, though, if that person that bought the last pair got a cold or something, I would be okay with that too :rolleyes1

yikes... just be happy your fiances parents even got you a gift. the point of gifts isnt the actual present, it's the thought behind it. i know it stinks not getting something you wanted, but you're coming off really entitled right now.

I get you’re disappointed but if you had really wanted them then you should have bought them yourself rather than rely on other people (irrespective of being family members and gift list). The fact you had asked for 2 pairs meant you suffered double disappointment - ask for one and buy the other yourself in future. That way at least you get the one you really wanted.

Pardon the late responses, I never got notifications.
yikes... just be happy your fiances parents even got you a gift. the point of gifts isnt the actual present, it's the thought behind it. i know it stinks not getting something you wanted, but you're coming off really entitled right now.
I did say I was grateful, got some awesome Disney ribbon :)
I understand how people interpret disappointment of not having an item as entitled. I never once thought they had to, I was disappointed they didn't communicate with my Fiancé to coordinate (then my fiance would have planned to get them).
It was also weird they didn't communicate because they have in the past. We both felt a bit odd about that.
In the end, I scoured the internet and checked stores often for the shoes. Well, one pair because I couldn't afford both. Little did I know my fiancé had saved up money and got the other pair.

I get you’re disappointed but if you had really wanted them then you should have bought them yourself rather than rely on other people (irrespective of being family members and gift list). The fact you had asked for 2 pairs meant you suffered double disappointment - ask for one and buy the other yourself in future. That way at least you get the one you really wanted.
I think you missed the part where I said I could get the shoes myself and then I went to do just that.
I put two pairs because they were different price points and I didn't know their budget. I was expecting to buy the pair they didn't get or buy one pair if they got neither, I was not expecting them to buy both or even one pair. I just wished they would have communicated that they weren't going to so we could buy them while still on sale. Which was the point I was attempting to make at the top of the post. The rest of the post was not "omg I have to buy the shoes cause they weren't given to me", the post was "I am gutted cause I've been searching for these shoes with my heart set on them and someone bought the last pair as I was checking out".

So if you were expecting to pay for at least one of the pairs then you should have chosen the pair you wanted the most and bought those yourself and added the second pair to the list. If you were worried that pair were too expensive for the list then you should have been prepared not to get them or not added them in the first place. It’s really not rocket science.

It may be late to get those but there are some artists on Etsy that will custom paint some converse or sneakers for people. I've seen some really gorgeous pairs done! It's on the pricey side but that's always an option for cool Disney shoes :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts