Frontier Airlines

HeidiGW

DIS Veteran
if you bring a pillow, does it count as your one personal item?

we are taking a non-stop redeye from the west coast, and i think it will be necessary for my son. BUT also need a small bag.

Thanks for any insight!

if you bring a pillow, does it count as your one personal item?

we are taking a non-stop redeye from the west coast, and i think it will be necessary for my son. BUT also need a small bag.

Thanks for any insight!

I called last year asking about a blanket and they informed me that it is counted as a personal item. Not sure about a pillow though.

Frontier nickel and dimes you for everything. They may try to count the pillow as your personal item. Can you use a smaller pillow and put it into a bag? My kids carried backpacks as their personal item on Frontier and the backpacks would definitely have held a small pillow.

i have never had a problem. maybe put it in a shopping bag?
A shopping bag would indeed be counted as another item since her son is already taking a backpack on board. Which will result in a fee to her.

She could get a self inflating pillow from Amazon. It rolls flat and inflates when the valve is turned. Then simply open the valve and squeeze the air out as the roll it back up and put it in the little pouch it comes in. I use a self inflating seat cushion when I fly. Easy to use and gives you some extra padding on those thin seats

A shopping bag would indeed be counted as another item since her son is already taking a backpack on board. Which will result in a fee to her.

She could get a self inflating pillow from Amazon. It rolls flat and inflates when the valve is turned. Then simply open the valve and squeeze the air out as the roll it back up and put it in the little pouch it comes in. I use a self inflating seat cushion when I fly. Easy to use and gives you some extra padding on those thin seats

so what happens when people go shopping at the airport? would frontier charge them to take their bags?

Thanks for the tips! I never thought about an inflatable pillow...i will check into it. (But, I don't mind having an extra pillow--we like--at the hotel.)
I know they get you every where you turn on these bargain airlines. This is our first time flying one, but I got such a good deal on the flight, I felt compelled to try it. I purchased checked bags and extra for choice of seats, so it is not like I am trying to be ultra-cheap. But a carry on bag is something like $60 at the gate! Jeez. I'd just pitch the pillow for that price!

The last time we flew Frontier (this past July/August), I made the mistake of booking our luggage as "carry ons" rather than "checked bags". It was the same price online. I just clicked the wrong one. I called immediately after I got the confirmation and realized my mistake. Well...they cannot change that for free and now I have to pay a fee for the bags to be changed...so they charged me an additional $15 per piece (there and back) and we were checking 3 bags. So, $90 extra.

We had flown them several months before that and also had major issues. They absolutely will try to lay the extra fees on you. I won't say that I will never fly them again but I'm pretty hesitant. They are my 'hometown airline' also and we used to fly them all the time but since they have changed their pricing model, I'm less than impressed.

I fly Frontier several times a year, including to Mexico. That is a 4 hour flight and I also need a pillow! I have a neck pillow that I have around my neck while boarding along with my personal item, usually a backpack OR I've hooked the neck pillow around the strap of my backpack (pillow has a small loop with a snap) and never had any issues.

I fly Frontier several times a year, including to Mexico. That is a 4 hour flight and I also need a pillow! I have a neck pillow that I have around my neck while boarding along with my personal item, usually a backpack OR I've hooked the neck pillow around the strap of my backpack (pillow has a small loop with a snap) and never had any issues.

A Frontier flight we took last May made us put even our neck pillows inside our bags, or they were going to charge us. It was ridiculous. We also paid to select our seats and get the ones that recline at the front since it was a red eye. Even though we checked-in and confirmed our seats, they still reassigned our seats so we were sitting in different rows according to their system when we went to board, so we had to fight to get them to fix that. The employee even had the audacity to roll his eyes at me and let out a giant huff when I politely pointed out to him that we paid extra to have the nice seats and select them. I'm never flying Frontier again.

When you fly Frontier, basically be prepared for zero customer service and for them to look for any excuse or opportunity to make more money off of you. Even if you already paid extra for a particular service or amenity.

A Frontier flight we took last May made us put even our neck pillows inside our bags, or they were going to charge us. It was ridiculous. We also paid to select our seats and get the ones that recline at the front since it was a red eye. Even though we checked-in and confirmed our seats, they still reassigned our seats so we were sitting in different rows according to their system when we went to board, so we had to fight to get them to fix that. The employee even had the audacity to roll his eyes at me and let out a giant huff when I politely pointed out to him that we paid extra to have the nice seats and select them. I'm never flying Frontier again.

When you fly Frontier, basically be prepared for zero customer service and for them to look for any excuse or opportunity to make more money off of you. Even if you already paid extra for a particular service or amenity.

Wow, that's awful! What city was that? We always fly out of Cleveland and have had good experiences, but of course then have to fly home from other destinations. I know they're no frills, but I've never experienced that kind of rudeness.

so what happens when people go shopping at the airport? would frontier charge them to take their bags?
Yes they allow one personal item to fit under the seat in front of you free of charge, and thing else comes with a price tag. And if you are shopping at the airport and have to pay at the gate for the extra bag the price is higher at the gate.

We just flew Frontier for our October WDW trip. We’ve never had issues with Frontier as far as our bags. ( knock on wood). We normally use backpacks for our personal items. I’ve snapped my travel pillow to my back pack and it’s not been an issue. Now flight delays.... another story. 6 hour delay on our flight home this time. Total nightmare. They have ZERO customer service.

On my return trip from MCO to PHL if I take the 10:35pm the fare is $25 on Southwest. That includes checked bags. Never seen a fare that low PERIOD. Hell cant get a train ticket for that or bus.
I saw a similar fare mco to Phl for a January flight. Praying I see fares like that when August schedule is released. Shucks, I thought $100 fares were excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!