Frontier Air Travel Credit

vetrik

DIS Veteran
My DD, my parents, and I were supposed to go to Orlando at the end of March with flights on Frontier. This was pretty early in the shutdown and our flights were never cancelled or changed by the airline allowing for a refund, so eventually 24 hours before the flight we had to cancel ourselves for travel credit that is supposed to be booked within 90 days, along with an additional $50 credit per person.

Our vouchers will expire on 6/25. I'm not sure when we'll feel comfortable with traveling again (or planning to go to parks without knowing what the requirements will be), but I guess we'll have to book something because I don't want to lose the credits. I know Frontier usually allows free changes more than 60 days from the flight....does anyone know if changes are still allowed if you booked with travel credit from a cancelled flight? I'd feel a lot more comfortable booking something in like January/February if I knew it could be changed if needed.

I don't have any personal experience with Frontier's rebooking, but a quick Google showed me that Frontier is offering to convert travel credit into miles. Maybe look into that.

Some people have said when the canceled the flight and ask for a Supervisor in order to get a refund of the money then Frontier gave a full refund to the credit card used to make the purchase

Some people have said when the canceled the flight and ask for a Supervisor in order to get a refund of the money then Frontier gave a full refund to the credit card used to make the purchase

OP might be out of luck since they accepted ref voucher. Hopefully not if they ask.

OP your best bet is to call Frontier and ask.

One strategy is to use the credit to book a flight with "The Works" and then cancel. Book a flight for as far out as possible, and then you can cancel any time between now and then, and then have access to a new credit to use for booking what you actually want. You might need to toy with the system to find something that completely consumes the travel credit. I have not done this myself but seen this advice elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!