From the Polynesian to Boma?

SherylG

Earning My Ears
Okay all you seasoned dining plan veterans, a newbie is in need of advice.

I've been to Disney several times, but this is my first time to have the dining plan (got the Deluxe) or make ADRs. I'm trying not to overdo my ADR list, but with all of my trips in the past, I just had counter service. I want something more this time around. I've got my list in order, but I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

I want to have an early breakfast (around 8 or 9) at Boma then go to Animal Kingdom. But I am staying at the Polynesian. Will it be difficult to get to Boma at that time of day? It will be just me and my husband on the trip, so no worries about getting the kids up and dressed early. But, we'll be dependent on Disney Transportation and I'm worried that getting from the Polynesian to Boma on time will be too difficult. Do the buses run early enough to get there by 8 or 9?
I'm hoping that I won't have to be up at dawn to get to breakfast on time--it's my vacation after all. :)

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Buses start running as early as 6:30. You will have to take a bus 1st to a park (like Animal Kingdom) & then take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge where Boma is. Or you could take the monorail from the Poly to Magic Kingdom and take a bus from there to AKL. Whichever you choose, I would plan on leaving an hour prior to your adr due to all of the traveling involved. You could also take a taxi from the Poly to AKL and it would probably take you about 20 minutes.

When going from one resort to another, I suggest taking a taxi. The taxis in WDW are super convenient. Its something that we tried for the first time on our last trip and it was awesome. Its not expensive (especially when compared to the cost of a magical vacation) And there are taxis everywhere. We would call from our room at CBR and the taxi would be at our building to pick us up in minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter