From Deluxe to Moderate- which one is best?

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
We are going in May and I am questioning my reservation at a Deluxe because of the cost, with the economy being what it is and all. I know that the CBR has recently been redone, but the CSR has the health club. Has anyone stayed at both a deluxe and either of these resorts?

Last trip we stayed at the YC and will be staying at CBR for our next trip. CBR has been our main 'WDW home'. Though we spend almost all of our time in the parks, we did miss the food court aspect when we stayed at YC. Can't say that we take advantage of most of the extra stuff at the resorts - like the health club, etc., since we really focus on the parks.

As I like to tell people, when I got to WDW it's a trip. When I go someplace to just relax and not do much, that's a vacation.

I have stayed at a lot of the deluxes and CBR. Which deluxe were you planning on staying at? I know the standard rooms at WL and AKL (with the discounts on the Disney.com site) aren't that much more expensive than the moderates.

The rooms at the moderates are more plain and have outside corridors and double beds rather than queens. The grounds and pools at CBR were very nice (as nice as at some of the deluxe resorts IMHO). We also liked the food court there and the transportation was very good.:)

It is mainly the pool and food areas that I would like to know more about. The rooms look very nice from the pictures I have seen. I guess it is more of an overall feeling (clean, etc) that I wonder about also.

Originally posted by MermaidsMom
It is mainly the pool and food areas that I would like to know more about.

Oh. You won't be disappointed then. :D The CBR food area was much nicer than the ones at the deluxe resorts we've stayed at. My kids loved the pool there.

Hi there, We've stayed at CBR and CSR and at BC. We liked the food court at CBR - alot of walking to get from room to main building. The Marketplace dining at CSR is okay, it was quieter than CBR (convention centre-so tends to be more adult oriented) but the pool was quite nice.

BC is awesome (we stayed on Deluxe Magic Plan last time-Gold addon this time). Food is included-so we had character breakfast at BC each morning-steak and filet mignon and lobster (Yachtsman Steakhouse for supper) and you can't beat their pool (it's a water park in itself).

My opinion: If you have children and want a nice place to stay and eat - choose CBR. If your kids are older or you are alone -choose CSR -different atmosphere, quieter, nice pool.

If you are going to spend alot of time at your hotel or resort pool and take in all the extra amenities a deluxe has to offer-water sports, spa, fitness centre, tennis, bikes, boats and expensive but awesome sit down restaurants-stay at a deluxe.

Originally posted by gepetto
I have stayed at a lot of the deluxes and CBR. Which deluxe were you planning on staying at? I know the standard rooms at WL and AKL (with the discounts on the Disney.com site) aren't that much more expensive than the moderates.

The rooms at the moderates are more plain and have outside corridors and double beds rather than queens. The grounds and pools at CBR were very nice (as nice as at some of the deluxe resorts IMHO). We also liked the food court there and the transportation was very good.:)

I'm glad to hear that... I was starting to worry about my decision to stay at CBR. I was really worried about the transportation since we won't be renting or have our own car.

In November 2002 we stayed at the Contemporary. IMHO, CSR has it all over the Cont as far as atmosphere, grounds, transportation, pool and the Pepper Market. I was very unimpressed with the Cont.

Check out my website below.

Good luck deciding!

I have stayed at both CBR and CSR.
I think that CSR is more upscale and has a more deluxe feel (way more).The pool area is fantastic, with a huge hot tub! Both restaurants are great. I refuse to keep calling the Pepper Market a food court. The resort itself does not call it a food court . It is a beautiful walk around the lake and the marina has some great choices. Three distinct themed areas to stay in! I thought the Ranchos was very well done!

I do plan on returning to CSr with my DS because I think he would LOVE it!!! The playground is ight near the pool, kiddie pool and arcade. The pool bar also serves a few food choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter