From “You Liar!” to “I Do!” in 17 Easy Months **Update 7 July**

So glad LOML got her Franck's moment! She makes a beautiful Disney bride. Too funny she was able to pull the cake surprise! It looks amazing and bet it tasted better!

Jill in CO

So glad LOML got her Franck's moment! She makes a beautiful Disney bride. Too funny she was able to pull the cake surprise! It looks amazing and bet it tasted better!

Jill in CO
It did taste much better! She had called the Contemporary Bakery (they do the baking for the Lodge) weeks before to set up this special moment, and I certainly was surprised.

Chapter 4: Trippin' on VIPin a la New Fantasyland

Just a few days before we left on our trip, we had heard of a special VIP passes for a look at the New Fantasyland available to DVC members, so we made a visit there part of our itinerary. We hopped on a boat from our beautiful Lodge to the MK, and once off the ship, there were CMs neaby handing out the very "stylish" bracelets that identified us as one of a select few tens of thousands. ;) Notice the little Mickey under luv's VIP band.

TNFL was just as lovely as advertised, even though they were still working on a few things (and still are). The attention to detail by the Imagineers is quite evident as seen in the shells adorning the walkway to Ariel's new ride, the imposing mountain in the background, the music, and BOG. As you can imagine, this new space only increased the anticipation for our own personal fairy tale. I'll share a few pics below, but in short, here are our thoughts on some of the experiences we had:
- The new Little Mermaid ride is delightful but obviously designed with smaller children in mind. While the queue for the ride had lots to keep you interested and the figures within are amazing, it's definitely more of a visual feast than anything else. Little kids will love this ride.
- The Brew offered at Gaston's is bland. I think it was some sort of apple juice concoction, but I couldn't finish mine. Butterbeer at the Park that Shall not Be Named is far superior. In fact, all the offerings at Gaston's Tavern were sub-par. It's little more than a glorified food kiosk selling bottled water and soda.
- TNFL needs the mine train. It's a fun, quick excursion and divsersion, but it needs a tentpole ride that will be fun for everyone.
- BOG was very cool. We decided to jump in the line to await lunch, and though the wait was close to 45 minutes, it was worth it. The ordering of food went smoothly as the screens were easy to read and use, but the payment for the food was a bit sketchy. Some machines didn't seem to be reading the roses or weren't accepting folks' credit cards. Our order and payment didn't have any issues other than the wait for those who did. We only ordered the quinoa salad and potato leek soup, and both were very tasty, with the salad being quite refreshing. The theming all around, from the suits of armor in the foyer to the snow in the main dining area, was awe-inspiring. Disney nailed this one, at least in terms of overall ambience.

The mountain (BOG check-in is in bottom of photo)

Entrance to Little Mermaid ride

Ordering kiosks in BOG

The main dining room in BOG

Snow falling outside the window

It was a wonderful trip to the MK, and we think TNFL will be a great addition to the Disney magic.

**READERS BEWARE! THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST FOR SEVERAL DAYS. IF YOU'VE BEEN READING CAREFULLY, YOU'LL KNOW WHY. IF NOT, LET THE MYSTERY BEGIN!**:rolleyes1:cool1:

I love that you are having a Disney Wedding, I really want to renew our vows at Disney I figure it's not too outlandish since everything we saved on our "intimate" wedding ;) Granted I did spend that money on a 2 week Disneymoon.....

Hope you guys are having a wonderful time!

Omg how fun to be a VIP! I told hubby I want to renew our vows there and he just laughed I'm so glad u guys are really getting the full "service". Cakes both looked yummy too! Can't wait to read more have fun guys and enjoy every minute!

Word on the street is that you just got married and then went on an insanely awesomely long honeymoon.... and are probably tired.

But......

:surfweb:

:bored:

Just sayin..... :hourglass

:rolleyes1

;)

Word on the street is that you just got married and then went on an insanely awesomely long honeymoon.... and are probably tired.

But......

Just sayin..... :hourglass

:rolleyes1

;)
I know you will find this extremely tough to believe, but writing on the TR wasn't my top priority the past several days. :rolleyes1 :lmao: Actually, I took tons of pics and kept notes, so. . .
. . .there. . .
. . .will. . .
. . .be. . .
. . .more. . .
. . .soon. . .
. . .ish. . .

:3dglasses

I know you will find this extremely tough to believe, but writing on the TR wasn't my top priority the past several days. :rolleyes1 :lmao: Actually, I took tons of pics and kept notes, so. . .
. . .there. . .
. . .will. . .
. . .be. . .
. . .more. . .
. . .soon. . .
. . .ish. . .

:3dglasses

Pictures????? Remember this is a family site!!!!!! :rotfl:

So I'm jumping in. Even if it has been inactive for a month. Because I'm just weird like that, and maybe you'll see a new post and updates will follow!

I am also a sucker for any engagement/wedding TRs. DBf and I have been looking at rings, though he swears the actual proposal is still a while away. Hopefully I can call him a liar. And so far, I'm loving your report!! So happy for both of you, and can't wait to read more.

I am curious as to where you live, because I'm from Raleigh. Are you still in NC, or the mountains elsewhere?

So I'm jumping in. Even if it has been inactive for a month. Because I'm just weird like that, and maybe you'll see a new post and updates will follow!

I am also a sucker for any engagement/wedding TRs. DBf and I have been looking at rings, though he swears the actual proposal is still a while away. Hopefully I can call him a liar. And so far, I'm loving your report!! So happy for both of you, and can't wait to read more.

I am curious as to where you live, because I'm from Raleigh. Are you still in NC, or the mountains elsewhere?
Thank you for tuning in! Yes, I WILL be updating and adding pictures in the coming weeks. After the trip, I just had too many things to do around the house which sapped my mental energy, as well. Meanwhile, I began writing food reviews for a Disney dining blog (name available on request), so what little creativity I had went to that endeavor. Then, my computer dropped dead. . .out of the blue. . .everything, and I do mean everything, was gone. I've slowly rebuilt things that I could, and in the meantime, it took me forever and a day to upload pictures. However, lo and behold, I have pictures to share (not all yet, but I'm getting there) and am getting into the creative mindset again. Yes, yes, all of those things are excuses, but they really did happen. So, stay tuned for I am ramping up to write!

You would be about 3.437 hours away from us as we live in the mountains of Virginia, just over the NC/VA line along I-77. My best friend, however, lives within 20 minutes. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter